Admin & Da Police Force!
- About GillyG
- Sheffield, UK
- Crafts (especially card making and crosstitch), reading (especially science fantasy), SSO!
- Specialist Biomedical Scientist (Haematology & Blood Transfusion)
- Scoliosis History
A few fields to allow you to share some of your scoliosis history if you want to.
- What type of spinal curvature?
- Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis
- Diagnosis Details
- Diagnosed with a single C-shaped thoracolumbar curve at around age 14.
Told it wouldn't get any worse when in my late teens as I had finished growing.
However, it continued to progress causing many health problems along the way until I finally had surgery on an 80 degree curve at 49 years old.
- What curve pattern?
- Single thoracolumbar
- Curve Pattern Details
- Left thoracolumbar, single (C-shaped) curve with a loss of lordosis and resulting mild kyphosis.
- Had surgery?
- Posterior surgery
- Surgery Details
- Instrumented posterior scoliosis correction on August 17th 2006.
Now the proud owner of 2 titanium rods, 17 screws, 2 hooks and 2 crossbars!
Surgery performed by Mr Ashley Cole at the Northern General Hospital in Sheffield.
- Worn a brace?
- No brace
- Me, a Mod? Nah ... I'll always be a rocker