- About missyn1
- hey, 20 years ald, female, diagnosed with scoliosis at a few months old baby.
- drawing, reading, playing games, socialising with friends and family.
- Scoliosis History
A few fields to allow you to share some of your scoliosis history if you want to.
- Had surgery?
- More than one surgery at different times(tell us more in the next field)
- Surgery Details
- Had my first major operation for the harrington rod surgery at the age 9/10 had my 10th birthday there. Had many operations extending the rod. Had a disinfection in one where had surgery to correct, think another one was put in. Last operation was June 2006 where they took my rod out (unknown at the time for me) and they took few ribs out as they couldn't do more with the rod im only guessing (we never actually found out the reason and the doctor retired now so never will..) Still have major scoliosis although underweight and would be risk of paralized if was to prefrom operation now and many other high risks.
- Worn a brace?
- No brace
- Been cast?
- Casting after growth rod surgery, Casting after Harrington rod surgery
- Casting Details
- had a pot body cast after first major operation at age 10. Had a plastic type which could take on/off on the last operation which molded with my back shape on last operation age 16. Not sure if had any others in between.. So many operations, one forgets..