- About KMaxwell
- Washington State
- Caring for my rescue birds, trying microbrews with my guy, old musicals & sci-fi movies, tattoos
- Desk job at a medical office
- Scoliosis History
A few fields to allow you to share some of your scoliosis history if you want to.
- What type of spinal curvature?
- Scheuermann's Kyphosis
- Diagnosis Details
- I had an approximately 80-degree thoracolumbar kyphosis (with the apex at T10). I also had pronounced hyperlordosis and mild scoliosis (about 15 degrees).
- What curve pattern?
- Scheuermann's kyphosis with scoliosis
- Had surgery?
- Posterior surgery
- Surgery Details
- I had posterior fusion surgery (T4-L3) on 4/22/2014 - my kyphosis was reduced from 80 to about 50 degrees and scoliosis from 15 to about zero.
- Worn a brace?
- Milwaukee brace
- Bracing Details
- Braced at 16 for about a year but I had finished growing already so it didn't do much - other than causing me torment at the hands of other students...
- - Kay
I was diagnosed with Scheuermann's Kyphosis at age 16. I had an 80-degree thoracolumbar kyphosis and mild scoliosis. My posterior fusion surgery was performed by Dr. Sethi in Seattle on Earth Day 2014. It reduced my kyphosis to 50 degrees and my scoliosis to about zero.
- - Kay