- About ChristinaJ
- Hobart, Australia
- Art, jazz, sleeping, good alternative movies, walking, my fluffball cat Stella
- Art Curator / Printmaker
- Scoliosis History
A few fields to allow you to share some of your scoliosis history if you want to.
- What type of spinal curvature?
- Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis
- What curve pattern?
- Primary thoracic with one or more compensatory curves
- Had surgery?
- Posterior surgery
- Surgery Details
- Two surgeries: Spinal fusion T4-L1 June 2011, Melbourne, Australia. Two rods, 16 screws. No complications. Thoracoplasty on 5 ribs July 2012 to further reduce hump and protruding shoulder blade.
- Worn a brace?
- No brace
- Lives in Hobart, Australia. Born 1962, developed Idiopathic Scoliosis at around 12 years of age. No bracing, just watch and wait. By 2010 thoracic curve had increased to about 50deg, lumbar to mid 30's. I have had two surgeries: Posterior fusion T4-L1 June 2011 and thoracoplasty (five ribs) July 2012. Still recovering but feeling good! Scoliosis is familial as my younger sister has scoliosis too and had surgery around 1980 with the Harrington technique.