- Date of Birth
- August 28, 1981 (34)
- Pink haired biscuit from South London
- Anthropology! Monkeys, evolution, general geekery, boardgames, London life, vegan cooking, sports...
- Anthropology Postgrad
A few fields to allow you to share some of your scoliosis history if you want to.
- What type of spinal curvature?:
- Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis
- Diagnosis Details:
- Diagnosed aged 20 with a 35/35 S curve and told it was stable, would never progress. At 25 the rotation was causing me severe chest pain so I went back - lumbar curve had progressed to nearly 60 degrees with severe rotation.
- What curve pattern?:
- Primary lumbar with one or more compensatory curves
- Curve Pattern Details:
- Lumbar curve of nearly 60 degrees reduced to less than 10 with surgery, compensatory curve of 35 reduced to 16.
- Had surgery?:
- Anterior surgery
- Surgery Details:
- Surgery at RNOH Stanmore (Mr Harrison) on 14/02/08 aged 26. Fused T10 to L4. Costoplasty 10/02/10 (Mr Black) Oxford Radcliffe. Couple of facet joint jabs and a spinal related arthroscopy, possible future surgery for my compensatory curve.
- Worn a brace?:
- Post-op TLSO
- Bracing Details:
- Post op brace worn for three months following surgery.