- Date of Birth
- April 2
About Round The Twist
- Essex, UK
- Art and Crafts, Music, Reading and walking my dog
- Assembler and general dogsbody
A few fields to allow you to share some of your scoliosis history if you want to.
- What type of spinal curvature?:
- Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis
- Diagnosis Details:
- I was diagnosed at 13 but have no idea what the curves measured, I am certain they were over 30 degrees as I was never offered bracing
- What curve pattern?:
- Double major
- Had surgery?:
- More than one surgery at different times(tell us more in the next field)
- Surgery Details:
- 1st - Aged 15 at the RNOH under Mr Ransford (now retired). I had a single stage posterior 9 hour op using harrington/luque rod and hooks and wires with bone taken from my right hip for the bone grafts, fused T2 - L2.
2nd - Aged 32 at the RNOH under Mr Harrison. Revision surgery due to arthrosis at level T8 and a neuroma developed in the scar from my bone donor site. The old instrumentation was all removed and replaced with 2 new Titanium rods, 8 screws and 2 crosslinks in another 8 hour posterior operation.
- Worn a brace?:
- Post-op TLSO
- Bracing Details:
- Was never offered bracing