- 46 yr old male from Norway. Was diagnosed with a 90 degree Scheuermann's kyphosis at age 14.
- Sailing, gardening, skiing, movies and music.
A few fields to allow you to share some of your scoliosis history if you want to.
- What type of spinal curvature?:
- Scheuermann's Kyphosis
- What curve pattern?:
- Scheuermann's kyphosis with scoliosis
- Curve Pattern Details:
- Prominent kyphosis in the middle back, around T3-T7. The Cobb's angle measured Oct. 2013 to 103 degrees.
- Had surgery?:
- No surgery
- Surgery Details:
- Scheduled for surgery April 28, 2015
- Worn a brace?:
- TLSO brace (eg Boston brace)
- Bracing Details:
- Wore a brace parts of 1983, but it was so uncomfortable that I couldn't stand it.
Norwegian, male age 46, diagnosed with Scheuermann's kyphosis with scoliosis in 1985. Diagnosed again 2014, measured Cobb's angle 106 degrees, scoliosis 28 degrees. Had surgery April 2015, under the care of Dr. Torsten Bräuer at St. Olavs Hospital. Surgery posterior-only, T3-L2 instrumentation with chrome-cobalt rods and titanium mono-axial screws. Five Ponte-osteotomies T6-T10. Cobb's angle now 46 degrees, no measurable scoliosis.
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Last Activity
- Today 12:09 AM
- Join Date
- 16th April 2013
Showing Friends 1 to 1 of 1