About Rod Stewart
- I'm a scoliosis survivor.
- Reno, Nevada USA
- Snow skier, Diver
- Engineer (mechanical)
A few fields to allow you to share some of your scoliosis history if you want to.
- What type of spinal curvature?:
- Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis
- Diagnosis Details:
- I was diagnosed in 1974, with 2 50 degree curves. Was a Luque wire candidate. Was skiing and competing at that time, jumping, freestyle, and big mountain with huge air.
I waited for technology....a good gamble.
- What curve pattern?:
- Double major
- Curve Pattern Details:
- Had lumbar issues from the start, my guess is from ski jumping. Constant stress fracturing, and remodeling through the years produced an ugly spinal scenario. My double curves stayed balanced throughout the years.
- Had surgery?:
- Anterior/Posterior staged surgery
- Surgery Details:
- A/P T2-Pelvis 01/29/08-01/31/08 2 day stage
Massive anterior, L1-S1 discectomys, partial corpectomy's, 5, 13mm PEEK spacers, Infuse BMP from anterior in sponges.
Synthes Pangea system used for posterior Ti6-Al-7Nb
Huge 8mm pelvic anchors
Don't know how many screws, cannot count that high.
Did my scoli surgeries with a broken shoulder and arm.
Lost gall bladder at 14 months (not bad!)
I made it. Scoliosis almost killed me.
- Worn a brace?:
- Bracing Details:
- Bought a Copes brace 25 years ago for skiing....I skied with it for years.
- Casting Details: