- I am a 48y.o.f., mother of 4, grandmother of 5.I lost 79 lbs! Yippie! I have been in bad health.
- Southern U. S. A.
- crafting, building a playground for my cats, visiting kids and grandkids, hangin with hubby.
- left work due to scoliosis pain. Am rehirable, though and plan to go back asap. I love my job!
A few fields to allow you to share some of your scoliosis history if you want to.
- What type of spinal curvature?:
- Degenerative Scoliosis
- Diagnosis Details:
- 43.8 degree curvature to the left in the thoracic-lumbar, tailbone pain. IDK what the diagnosis was for the tailbone pain, but it is much improved since surgery,as is the thoraco-lumbar region, so long as I am on my meds and don't overdo it, which I do.
- What curve pattern?:
- Single thoracolumbar
- Curve Pattern Details:
- I had a 42.8 degree curvature to the left in my thraco-lumbar area of my spine. I don't knoow why my tailbone hurt or what the diagnosis was on it.
- Had surgery?:
- Posterior surgery
- Surgery Details:
- Fusion from T-10 to ilium. There are at least 28 bolts and two rods. I can feel one rod through my skin, and it feels wicked bad. I love it! Awakened from surgery on 3rd day after having slept in ICU for two days. Discovered I was wearing a brace when I awakened and took it off because my breasts hurt. Pulled scabs off my nipples. Was face down for 12 hours in surgery, and brace rubbed me raw through that thin hospital gown, and they put 20 lbs on me in hospital. 6 days after I left, I lost 26 lbs. due to being active and eating a good diet. I suffer a debilitating feeling of being severely burned in my right breast, back, buttocks, hips, front of and outer thighs, pubic area, and all the way down to my knees. Other than that, If I take my meds on time, I feel like Wonder Woman despite the burn that goes deep into my tissue. If I skip my meds, I am like a helpless newborn baby and cannot even move except with great pain and suffering and my surgery was 7 weeks ago. They tell me this burning may go away, but
- Bracing Details:
- I wore a brace that put me in mind of something similar to what a football player wears. I have no idea what kind it was. I quit wearing it this week.
- Casting Details:
- no cast at all, thank God!