A few fields to allow you to share some of your scoliosis history if you want to.
- What type of spinal curvature?:
- Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis
- Diagnosis Details:
- Double major scoliosis, "s" curve, each curve originally 79 degrees, was told that it was hitting my heart, lungs, and kidneys and was progressing so rapidly that death would be likely if left untreated. Age 12.
- What curve pattern?:
- Double major
- Curve Pattern Details:
- "s" shape with rotation of the discs to the right below the "s" into the pelvis
- Had surgery?:
- More than one surgery at different times(tell us more in the next field)
- Surgery Details:
- Harrington rod from neck to L3-4, herniated disc surgery 1992
- Worn a brace?:
- No brace
- Been cast?:
- Casting after Harrington rod surgery
- Casting Details:
- Body cast 2 weeks after Harrington rod placement, 6 months lying completely flat in bed.