- Tennessee, United States
A few fields to allow you to share some of your scoliosis history if you want to.
- What type of spinal curvature?:
- Congenital Scoliosis
- Diagnosis Details:
- I was diagnosed with severe congenital scoliosis at five weeks old during the surgery to remove my left kidney, which was surrounded with cysts and not functioning.
- Curve Pattern Details:
- Not Sure; currently attempting to get my medical records.
- Had surgery?:
- More than one surgery at different times(tell us more in the next field)
- Surgery Details:
- At five years old, I had surgery to fuse my neck. They took bone marrow out of my hip to fuse my neck and I wore a halo bolted into my head with a brace for three months. The next surgery, they put rods in my spine and I was seven or eight. When I was ten, they went in to stretch the rods so I could grow. The last surgery they did I was 13. They removed the old rods and put new ones in, pulled my spine and attached wire to hold it to the rods and fused them. After that one, Dr. Hugh P. Brown said I could not have any more due to so much scar tissue built up. They almost lost me due to so much blood loss in the last surgery.
- Worn a brace?: