- Born in NYC
- Lives in NYC
- Reading, Traveling, Driving
- School Teacher
A few fields to allow you to share some of your scoliosis history if you want to.
- What type of spinal curvature?:
- Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis
- Diagnosis Details:
- S Shape curve 65 degree and 45 degree at age 13
- What curve pattern?:
- Primary thoracic with one or more compensatory curves
- Had surgery?:
- Posterior surgery
- Surgery Details:
- In 1976 at Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. Dr. David B. Levine performed the surgery. One Harrington in the upper/middle part of the spine was fused. I don't know the levels. Both curves were significantly reduced but still had the rib hump.
- Worn a brace?:
- Post-op other
- Been cast?:
- Casting after Harrington rod surgery
- Casting Details:
- First cast was placed on right after surgery that was a pre mold prior to surgery. It stayed on for two weeks in hospital. Second cast was put on in hospital was from the top of my neck down below my waist with an opening in the abdomen. Third cast was put on after 4 months look like a turtle for another 4 months or so.