- Date of Birth
- September 26
- Very nearly forty, ex-pat American in the UK, partnered to His Awesomeness, James!
- Salisbury, UK
- photography, travel, writing
- Retired attorney
A few fields to allow you to share some of your scoliosis history if you want to.
- What type of spinal curvature?:
- Congenital Scoliosis
- Diagnosis Details:
- Severe congenital scoliosis in the cervico-thoracic spine with a long/gradual compensatory lumbar curve.
- What curve pattern?:
- Primary cervico-thoracic with one or more compensatory curves
- Had surgery?:
- More than one surgery at different times(tell us more in the next field)
- Surgery Details:
- Fusion without instrumentation at 11mos. Reoperated for pseudoarthrosis at 17mos. No further spinal surgeries. Lung function compromised, but relatively healthy/fit (even more fit now that I've had my deviated septum repaired!).
- Worn a brace?:
- No brace
- Been cast?:
- Serial casting for infantile/juvenile scoliosis, Casting for other reasons
- Casting Details:
- I had serial plaster casting as an infant and toddler in the early-70s. It didn't hold my curve, so I had fusion before my first birthday, and re-operation before 18mos. of age. More casts post-op 'til the fusion set.