- I am 27 and live in London, I have Klippel Feil syndrome and kyphoscoliosis.
- Shopping reading, and going out with friends
A few fields to allow you to share some of your scoliosis history if you want to.
- What type of spinal curvature?:
- Diagnosis Details:
- I was diagnosed when I was about 2 years old and was monitored up until I was 16-17, my scoliosis was corrected when I was 11. I have kyphoscoliosis
- What curve pattern?:
- Other kyphosis with scoliosis
- Had surgery?:
- Anterior/Posterior staged surgery
- Surgery Details:
- I had a 2 stage operation when I was 11 to straighten my spine, my curve was a the top, I think thoracic.
The first op they went in my right side and I think they prepared it for the rod to go in, if I remember rightly I think they loosened the vertabrates but I could be wrong lol I was bedbound for a week before my second op
A week later I had my rod put in and I was in hospital for 3 and a half weeks.
- Worn a brace?:
- Post-op other
- Bracing Details:
- I wore a brace for I think 6 months after I had my rod put it, but for 4 months before that I wore a plaster jacket.
- Been cast?:
- Casting after Harrington rod surgery
- Casting Details:
- I wore a plaster jacket for 4 months after my rod was put in.