- I have a twin sister-and we're Geminis too! I have a hedgehog-their spines are so flexible! hahaha!
- Home town: Seattle, WA. Currently living in Wakayama, Japan.
- Dancing/Reading/Watching Movies/Romping with doggies/Learning about other languages~cultures.
- I teach English here in Japan but I want to be a Special Education teacher back in the states.
A few fields to allow you to share some of your scoliosis history if you want to.
- What type of spinal curvature?:
- Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis
- Diagnosis Details:
- It up ended being a pretty wicked S curve! Thoracic curve at 99 degrees with a compensatory lumbar curve at 54 degrees before surgery.
- What curve pattern?:
- Primary thoracic with one or more compensatory curves
- Had surgery?:
- Anterior/Posterior staged surgery
- Surgery Details:
- I had it here in Japan----between the two surgeries I was in Halo traction for three weeks. It was a new kind of traction sans the vest---just the head gear. I could sit in a wheel chair that the halo was rigged up to and had a counter weight thingy---I ended up with about 20 pounds of counter weight pulling my head and neck straight up.
- Worn a brace?:
- TLSO brace (eg Boston brace)
- Bracing Details:
- Both my sister and I had a Boston brace for about a year---but we were both growing so quickly that it didn't do much to improve/stunt the curve from progressing.