- Originally South African, lived in Australia for 6 years and now based in London.
A few fields to allow you to share some of your scoliosis history if you want to.
- What type of spinal curvature?:
- Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis
- Diagnosis Details:
- Diagnosed age 12 with double curvature. Unfortunately, moving countries several times I have lost my original X-Rays, but recently found that my initial diagnosis was for double major with both thoracic and lumbar curves at 37 degrees. By age 20 these had worsened to 50 upper and 59 lower. At 34 the curves now measure 47 upper and 72 lower.
- What curve pattern?:
- Double major
- Curve Pattern Details:
- Primary left lumbar curve 72 degrees with right thoracic curve of 47 degrees
- Had surgery?:
- No surgery
- Surgery Details:
- Scheduled for combined anterior and posterior fusion from T4-L4 on 27 April 2015.
- Worn a brace?:
- No brace, SpineCor
- Bracing Details:
- I declined to wear a brace when diagnosed at 12. Went for regular chiropractic care for the last 20 odd years, which I believe has helped to maintain the flexibility in the spine. Hopefully this will mean a better correction in the surgery itself!