- Mum to L. (age:11) and A. (age:4)
- Rep. of Ireland
A few fields to allow you to share some of your scoliosis history if you want to.
- What type of spinal curvature?:
- Congenital Scoliosis
- Diagnosis Details:
- My son L. was diagnosed with double curvature in toracic and lumbar areas when he was 9 months old, with toracic at T7 measuring 60 degrees and lumbar at L4 measuring 66 degrees as of January 25, 2010. His congenital scoliosis is due to hemi-vertebrea in toracic and lumbar areas. L. also has syrinx between T4-T11.
- What curve pattern?:
- Double major
- Curve Pattern Details:
- L.'s 2 curves are on the opposite sides with toracic being on the right side of the body and lumbar being on the left side of the body forming inverted letter 'S'.
- Had surgery?:
- Posterior surgery
- Surgery Details:
- FUll posterior fusion/instrumentalisation with pelvic implants; 2 surgeries Nov. 25 & Dec 3 2010.
- Worn a brace?:
- No brace