- I'm Gabrielle. I'm 4'10" (should be around 5'5"). and I'm what you might call a miracle.
- Ohio, USA.
- Science. Anthropology.
- Student at U of A.
A few fields to allow you to share some of your scoliosis history if you want to.
- What type of spinal curvature?:
- Congenital Scoliosis
- Diagnosis Details:
- "Congenital structural scoliosis and vertebral and rib anomalies" is the official explanation I tell everyone.
Mom tried to miscarry at 8 weeks (when the vertebral column forms). Diagnosed a day or so after I was born.
Fused ribs. Hemivertebrae, fused and partial vertebrae and a combo. Doctors didn't think I would walk. However, at 9 months I walked. =)
- What curve pattern?:
- Single thoracolumbar
- Curve Pattern Details:
- C on right side. Pre-op about 34° Post-op about 28°, though that was about 18 years ago.
- Had surgery?:
- Posterior surgery
- Surgery Details:
- Spinal fusion/autograft (from my hip) at 16 months of age- basically to prevent kyphosis. Fun times.
- Worn a brace?:
- TLSO brace (eg Boston brace)
- Bracing Details:
- Wore braces until ~9 years old. Also fun times.
- Been cast?:
- Casting for other reasons
- Casting Details:
- After surgery.