- Date of Birth
- February 17, 1968 (47)
- I'm a wife and mum, always taking photos.
A few fields to allow you to share some of your scoliosis history if you want to.
- What type of spinal curvature?:
- Diagnosis Details:
- My son has kyphosis. It was around 90 degrees. After a long wait he had his surgery 15th December 2009.
Following a check up on Feb. 19th 2010 we found out that his curve is progressing upwards and he may need surgery to extend the rods to T1.
Another check up on May 21st. Jono now has 'junctional kyphosis' where there is a gap above the original fusion, at the moment they will keep monitoring him.
Jono got to tell his story in the Irish Daily Mail and on TV3 because of the long wait he had for surgery. The tv show is on youtube:
Jono also has asperger's syndrome.
- What curve pattern?:
- Other kyphosis with scoliosis
- Had surgery?:
- Posterior surgery
- Surgery Details:
- 15th Dec. 2009 Fused from T4-L1
- Worn a brace?:
- Bracing Details:
- He was given an awful brace, which was very uncomfortable for him (he also has Asperger's syndrome), when we got seen by the specialist in Dublin they said his curve was too bad to have been given the brace.