- Los Angeles, CA
- Art, Dance (Swing, Breakdance, Popping, Funk Styles), Photography, Animal Science, Design, Creating.
A few fields to allow you to share some of your scoliosis history if you want to.
- What type of spinal curvature?:
- Diagnosis Details:
- I was diagnosed with scoliosis at age 2 when my parents noticed that when I sat, I slouched to one side.
- What curve pattern?:
- Other kyphosis with scoliosis
- Had surgery?:
- More than one surgery at different times(tell us more in the next field)
- Surgery Details:
- From the age of 5 to 14 years, I underwent eight separate surgeries, including the placement of 3 Harrington rod's. I was a wild child, and the first, second and third rod broke while in me! Yikes! The first broke at age 8 (or so) while I was bumping downstairs on a sleeping bag. What fun! The second broke while playing kickball at a neighbor's and by the third rod breaking, I remember thinking, "oh great, my rod broke again." It was not painful, but when it broke I would immediately lay down no matter where I was in fear of damaging something. I have also had thoracic fusion, posterior and anterior.
- Worn a brace?:
- TLSO brace (eg Boston brace)
- Bracing Details:
- I wore a brace from the time I was 5 until I was 14. I do not recall the type of brace, but at one point the doctor's thought I was looking down too much while I walked so they made a custom made "chin piece" that came up from the front of my brace, out of my shirt and went under my chin. I was really popular as I'm sure you can imagine.
- Been cast?:
- Casting after Harrington rod surgery
- Casting Details:
- At some point, I had a cast after one of my surgeries that I wore for 6 months. It was purple and it was fabulous.