- Date of Birth
- November 5
About Mustang Sal
- Hello! I'm Sally from not so sunny Norfolk!
- Reading, cooking, travelling, art, theatre
- Office slave :o)
A few fields to allow you to share some of your scoliosis history if you want to.
- What type of spinal curvature?:
- Congenital Scoliosis
- Diagnosis Details:
- Was born with spina bifida occulta along with a weird condition called Diastematomyelia between T10 and L4 (which means my spinal cord is split in two by a bony spur). Had spinal surgery at Addenbrookes aged 3 (which left me with a reeeeally attractive scar - hmm!) As I got older, I started getting more neuro symptoms, mainly concerning my feet and legs (my right foot is what is known as pes cavus) which led to a few operations to sort it out. I also have kyphoscoliosis in the lumbar region, and a thoracic curvature. At 15 suddenly developed severe nerve pain in my back and legs, eventually decided a hemivertebra was compressing my spinal cord. Underwent a fairly complicated 14 hour operation (done at the Norfolk and Norwich hospital, now the NNUH) in Dec 1998.
- What curve pattern?:
- Other type of curve pattern (tell us more below!)
- Curve Pattern Details:
- As above, all sorts of twists and turns. The damn thing just does not want to be straight!
- Had surgery?:
- More than one surgery at different times(tell us more in the next field)
- Surgery Details:
- Sugery on spine and right foot - first aged 3, last aged 17
- Worn a brace?:
- No brace
- Been cast?:
- Casting for other reasons