PDA

View Full Version : changing shape

burdle
8th April 2010, 02:23 PM
I have noticed recently that my bras are getting tighter and a bit more lopsided - leaving marks on my skin and I was wondering if this is a sign that my curve is progressing?

bluestone
8th April 2010, 03:31 PM
I have also noticed this happening to me probably during the past 12 months. I was only thinking the other day that i need to be re-measured as my bra feels uncomfortable. Im thinking maybe its not worth it though with surgery on the horizon.

I would say it could be your curve making the change.

Little Ali
8th April 2010, 07:55 PM
This is something I (and a lot of us ladies on here) have problems with. I definitely noticed a difference after my fusion when my back was flatter. I'll see if I can find the link for you.

Mustang Sal
8th April 2010, 08:02 PM
I actually have a permanent bruise under my right armpit because of the twisting and bunching up. It's so tempting to wear my bra looser but i'll loose 'support' where I need it so that's not an option!

Little Ali
8th April 2010, 08:10 PM
This is one of the many threads

http://www.scoliosis-support.org/showthread.php?t=2865&highlight=bras

aqz
9th April 2010, 01:13 AM
same here i always feel so releieved when i take my bra off.But mind you i have only found out about my scoliosis so i dont know whether its just me being paranoid,i still dont know the degree of my curve,if it was over 40 degree would they have stated it it in the report.All my report states is scoliosis of spine noted,thoracic t6-t8 approx concavity towards right and thats it.I just wish i knew.

Little Ali
10th April 2010, 06:21 PM
You can ask for a measurement next time you have an appointment :)

aqz
12th April 2010, 09:56 PM
i am soo scared i hope its not bad enough for surery i can live with this ache but to face that kind of surgery is petrifying me.

Rach
13th April 2010, 01:43 PM
Hi Im new here!

I have had a curve due to a connective tissue disorder since I was in my early teens. Thankfully this hasnt progressed and my understanding is the curve was under 40% as never was any treatment suggested.

Im now just gone 30 and suddenly finding that area of my right side sore. Im not sure but wondering if it could suddenly have started moving again. I showed it to my mum yesterday and she thought my right hip looked swollen! Im kinda scared as I am already going through a battle with another health problem and just dont think I could face something else right now. Im going to go see my GP but has anyone any experience in a stable spine suddenly deciding to get worse??

Thanks

Sheila
13th April 2010, 01:59 PM
Hi,

I have S.kyphosis - my spine was fine and stable until I was 30 like yourself (my back went worse after pregnancy).

Sheila

Lucy7
13th April 2010, 03:53 PM
Yes, I am chaging shape too. And, sadly, getting smaller. I was 5ft2" but yesterday the doc sadi I was 5ft1"....very upset about that.

aqz
14th April 2010, 11:12 PM
so lucy what degree is your curve hun

Lucy7
15th April 2010, 04:30 PM
S curve, mid 30's both of them.

aqz
16th April 2010, 12:42 AM
if your curves are so small why is it affecting your height oh and btw are you on facebook???

Lucy7
16th April 2010, 03:51 AM
I don't know why. But I don't think the point is what degree curve I have now. I think that maybe I was only in the teens or 20's degreewise for a long time and then got to where I am very fast so that would explain a change in height, I think.

Anyway, I'll be having a bone scan soon so I wonder what that will reveal. Nothing bad, I really really hope.

nutmeg
16th April 2010, 08:59 AM
I'm sure it's also possible to loose height for reasons other than a curve increasing. I've a vague memory your discs get a bit thinner as you get older. And eveyone is shorter in the evening than they are in the morning.

redangel21
23rd July 2010, 01:05 AM
Yes, it could mean your curve is progressing because of the rotation that comes with the increase.

But there are probably lots of other things that could be at fault, you should check with your doctor :)

:blah;