PDA

View Full Version : mhhh.....whinge!!!

Abbi
1st January 2005, 10:50 PM
mhhhh :cry: i swear today has been so uhhhh yucky! ok I had to get up at like 7.45 so that I could be in for the early shift at work! (The reason I was in early ws cos I dont drink - thus, no hangover) so yeah, well today sucked, my back hurt SOOO much, I mean this was the worst pain ever that I have ever had, I barely could stand, and I had to serve all these customers....and i was like please i wana go home! :cry:
Im also so tired, cos I was up at a new yrs party until 1am

Sorry for telln you guys all this, but i never seem to get much sympathy from my family they r just like aww pet!!!

Yeah, anyways, I was wondering after the surgery does the pain go away, cos my mum wanted to know that (I told her that she should join SSO)

Thanks guys! You all rock!

BlueIce
1st January 2005, 11:10 PM
don't worry, the pain almost definatly goes away after surgery. But I shouldn't be the one answering this question cause it's only been six months for me. The pain is different though, so I'm quite sure it'll go away.
Big hugs!!!

andrea
1st January 2005, 11:40 PM
Aww, Abbi, I'm sorry you've had a bad day. It really stinks when you have to do stuff that you don't want to do or which causes you pain. I'm afraid I can't answer your question about surgery, although logic says that the pain would go away seeing as your back is realigned and once the initial pain has passed, you'll be fine. Still, what do I know? I'm just guessing....

Do you not drink because you don't like it, or for other reasons?

Abbi
1st January 2005, 11:56 PM
well i say I dont drink - i mean, i dont drink to get drunk! I had a small glass of wine on xmas day but thats it!
I am a Christian, and I believe that it is wrong to go out partying and getting drunk - as it says in the bible "do not do what pagans do" and so yeah!

thanks for all your hugs, my back is a little better - not much tho!

tonibunny
2nd January 2005, 12:10 AM
Partying's fun though Abbi - but I guess you are more bothered by the drinking-too-much/drugtaking/acting-like-a-slapper side of "partying". Not everyone goes to those excesses, and it's surely not wrong to have fun, dance, and have a drink now and again! :joke: Jesus turned water to wine at the Wedding at Cana when they ran out of booze, remember - so he knew the importance of having a little fun! :-)

Anyway, I hope you feel better soon......back pain can be soooo horrible sometimes. You've got some considerable curves there, so hopefully the pain will go once you've had your surgery :-) :hug:

Joy
2nd January 2005, 12:50 AM
*hugs* Abbi. Hopefully your pain will get better after surgery. I know mine isn't as bad as it was before, but the pain I get now is different. But bad days always make pain harder to deal with.

gabrielle
2nd January 2005, 06:26 AM
Sad to hear about your pain. People who don't have chronic pain just don't understand. What/where are your curves? I'm sorry if you have posted that info before and I missed it.

I hope all your tomorrows are better! :bounce:

Abbi
2nd January 2005, 05:58 PM
gabrielle - my curves are - two of 80 degrees.....my spine is sorta S shaped!
Toni - I can have fun though! I go to parties lots - only not with drink! and yes I know Jesus turned water into wine, I dont actually have a problem with drink, like I said earlier I had a glass of wine at christmas!
I sorta disagree with the way you say that you need drink to have fun, you so dont! I go to A christian Nightbase in my town, and it rocks, its kinna like a nightclub only no drink!
Another reason y I don't drink is cos b4 I was a Christian I drank lots, like from the age of 13, I smoked too....and I did a lot of silly things that I am not proud of!

Thanks for all your hugs and sumpathy, sorry for compaining so much!

Jonny
2nd January 2005, 07:15 PM
Hope everything's getting better Abbi. Pain does go away, slowly but surely. I'm also only six months so I can't really say, but I know it will.

Most Jewish weddings are alcohol-free :-P although it is said that "wine gladdens the heart" and we drink (sacramentally) a tiny glass every week.

tonibunny
2nd January 2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Abbi@Jan 2 2005, 04:58 PM
gabrielle - my curves are - two of 80 degrees.....my spine is sorta S shaped!
Toni - I can have fun though! I go to parties lots - only not with drink! and yes I know Jesus turned water into wine, I dont actually have a problem with drink, like I said earlier I had a glass of wine at christmas!
I sorta disagree with the way you say that you need drink to have fun, you so dont! I go to A christian Nightbase in my town, and it rocks, its kinna like a nightclub only no drink!
Another reason y I don't drink is cos b4 I was a Christian I drank lots, like from the age of 13, I smoked too....and I did a lot of silly things that I am not proud of!

Thanks for all your hugs and sumpathy, sorry for compaining so much!
Abbi, I *don't* say that you need to drink to have fun - no-one needs to. I've never said that they do! But, sometimes it's nice to have a little drink because it does help people to relax. So, I'd imagine that it's people drinking to excess and getting drunk and unpleasant that you have a problem with, rather than the fact they're going to nightclubs! :D

gabrielle
2nd January 2005, 08:26 PM
I worked in bars for about 14 years or so. I bartended and cocktail waitressed. I also drank a bit... way too much at times. When I was about 32 I realized how sad it all really becomes. People who spend a lifetime drinking age way beyond their years and as a general rule suffer from depression more than ppl who don't- at least that is what I saw. I do have a beer or drink on occasion now. I don't think there is anything wrong with it- morally or health-wise. Like everything in life with potential to harm, moderation is the key. Just thought I would throw that in for the heck of it. I know no-one is advocating drunkeness!

Abbi- ouch! Your back sounds like mine, doubled. I couldn't imagine it... don't want to.

butterflylr
2nd January 2005, 08:58 PM
Sorry to hear about that Abbi! I hate it when the pain is so bad and nobody can really help you with it or understand. It happens to me a lot. Hopefully after surgery the majority of pain goes away. I don't think all of it will as most people said they have "different" pain. But hey, anything is better than what it is now. :-)

As far as the drinking thing goes, I know exactly what you are saying. I don't drink either. My religion says not to but even if I wasn't LDS, I don't think I would drink. I've just never really seen anything good come from it. I don't need a drink to relax. Just have confidence in yourself and you won't have to ingest a drug to make you feel like you. That's just my opinion. I've tried it a couple of times and I wasn't impressed. I'm not saying that you are bad if you drink or anything though. I believe that people have the right to their own decisions. It's just my decision not to drink. :D

andrea
2nd January 2005, 09:02 PM
Sorry for my ignorance Lindsay, but what's LDS?

butterflylr
2nd January 2005, 09:03 PM
Latter-Day Saint or more commonly known as Mormon.