PDA

View Full Version : Off to Ryans MRI..

Ryansmum
23rd December 2004, 11:11 AM
well here we go its come around sooo quick! I'm hoping he'll stay in there and get it done so at least thats another hurdle done.His appointment for the results has been cancelled now too it was on the 5th Jan and they tried putting it back to March :nut: needless to say they didnt get away with it but I had to settle for Feb instead......he decided on Sugababes for his music..sadly he has no taste like his mum LOL ;-) .....more later

Little~shedevil~dee
23rd December 2004, 11:19 AM
Good luck to you Dee and Ryan will be thinking off you both :squeeze:
i cant stand the Sugababes shame he has no any taste like his mum lol

Ryansmum
23rd December 2004, 11:25 AM
:rofl: thanks Dee yes sadly Dad has the better taste in music in the family :D I just hope they give me earplugs too

titch
23rd December 2004, 11:27 AM
Fingers crossed for it all to go well! It's so irritating when they cancel appointments and then want to put them back by several months. Unfortunately it's always busier than normal around the new year period, because there are less clinics over the holidays.

As long as the Sugababes help him keep still and get through it, that's all that counts :-)

Blair
23rd December 2004, 01:31 PM
I hope it goes well!

Abbi
23rd December 2004, 02:08 PM
I hope it goes well...please tell me what its like, cos im going for one in two weeks!
It sucks that they have put back the results date tho!
Good luck!

andrea
23rd December 2004, 03:27 PM
I suspect you've gone now Dee, but I hope it all went well for you and Ryan. Let us know how it all went. I hate it when they cancel appointments, especially when they want to wait a while before they can get you in again. It's so much more difficult with children as they seem to develop and grow so quickly. Fingers crossed that all will be well.

Ryansmum
23rd December 2004, 04:39 PM
:monkey: YAYYYYYYYY all done and Ryan was a superstar :clap: It was a bit too grown up not child friendly at all..they just shoved him in a huge gown rolled him onto the table and stuck him in the tube!!!I suppose in some ways it was better to not give him time to bolt for it :-o but it shocked me !! He was soo good he never even twitched (which frightened me as I thought he had passed out) but I think he was just so terrified he couldnt move..it was noisy but they gave us earplugs which helped but they never asked for his cd and I just forgot to even mention it as by the time we got in there I was crumpling as per usual :oops: When the man came in after 20 mins to adjust something he asked if Ryan was ok and he said 'I need the loo' which the bloke got right moody over and he just snapped 'oh well if you have to come out you'll have to be rebooked and go through this all over again..old sourpuss :soapbox: which Mum had to bite her lip at...very hard!! Its a lot for a kid to go through without a flamin' attitude problem from the staff! We got through it though and I was really proud of how he coped even tho he was truly terrified bless him :D
Abbi I think you'll be fine its not as bad noisewise or as long as I thought it would be...I think it was worse for a mum watching her kid in there so it might be best to take a friend with you so your poor mum doesn't have to suffer!
So all in all a good day,at least he has hopefully not got to have another one for a while and he can have a good christmas knowing its all over and done with :monkey: Thanks for all your support as always :niceone:

andrea
23rd December 2004, 05:19 PM
I'm glad you've got through it Dee and Ryan didn't find it too distressing! It's not something I've found at Stanmore, where they are excellent with children, but in other hospitals I have found that some staff just don't know how to deal with scared kids undergoing treatment and instead of trying, they just don't even bother to try. It's such a shame you've come across this, but stand strong in the knowledge that you got through it without letting him get to you. At least you won't have to go through it again. Well done to you both!

Abbi
23rd December 2004, 05:57 PM
Well down Ryan! yay!!! That was so rude what the radiographer person said, I mean ryan is only 9 isn't he!!!
Glad it went well!

Becky
23rd December 2004, 06:45 PM
The MRI is fine Abbi, they give you a panic button in case you want them to stop, but I cant see why you would want to use it.

It must of been loud for Ryan, I had music and I couldnt hear it through the noise, although I think that was because the nurse was a trainee and didnt put my music on properly! I took Usher aswell and really wanted to listen to it!

butterflylr
23rd December 2004, 06:50 PM
Well done! Glad to hear he did so well. Stinking doctors giving attitude! :P He's only a kid. When you gotta go, you gotta go!!! :D

elvinwarrior
23rd December 2004, 09:37 PM
Glad to hear all went well.

Jonny
23rd December 2004, 10:13 PM
Good to hear Ryan survived the experience... not the nicest test there is. Best of luck for the results - I can't see anything being wrong with them.

Joy
24th December 2004, 12:44 AM
they wouldn't let my mom in with me... and they said it wouldn't take longer then an hour and I was in the actual MRI tube for 2!! my porr mom didn't know what was happening. I didn't get music either, but I entertained myself fine.

Glad to hear Ryan got through it OK. That technician sounds cranky!! *mutters about cranky hospital staff* He probably doesn't deal with a lot of kids.

Abbi, you'll be fine... nothing to worry about!

Abbi
24th December 2004, 02:01 PM
Can u talk....like to yourself! cos i wud like to sing if i didnt get any music.....!!!
cos i no u have to be still....

sins
25th December 2004, 11:58 AM
Thank goodness it's over.I'm always surprised at how insensitive some hospital staff can be.I understand that they're under pressure but I've met many who maintain courtesy and a helpful attitude even under the most severe stress.I hope it didn't put Ryan off hospitals too much.You're doing well too Dee, just keep strong and you'll bring him through it all .
Sins