PDA

View Full Version : Guess who's getting taller

crazylu
4th February 2010, 03:07 PM
I noticed the other day that my daughter seemed a bit taller, as her eyes were getting closer in level to mine. Either I was shrinking (quite possible) or she was growing. Hubby took the tape measure and we checked her out. She has grown a little over 2 inches since we last measured her in November. I can't tell if her back looks any worse because it was already pretty curvy (S curve). I sure hope her brace is doing its thing. She has been really good about wearing it. (Not without lots of complaining though!) We go back to Montreal in May, so I guess we will know at that point if anything has changed. I only wish that her curves had been smaller to start with, or that I had noticed them sooner. Sorry for rambling, just giving a little update. Lu

tonibunny
4th February 2010, 08:21 PM
Hi Lu,

Wow that is great news! If she's grown a lot and you can't see any progression then that is very encouraging :D Fingers crossed that you get good news when you go to Montreal :)

Toni xx

crazylu
4th February 2010, 10:33 PM
I don't know Toni, she looks pretty curvy, but like I said, it is hard for me to tell. She is not happy with how she looks in her brace. I will be so glad when skinny jeans and tight T's go out of style!

titch
6th February 2010, 07:13 PM
Fingers crossed that it hasn't progressed - I suspect that even with a fairly large curve, that with growth like that you'd notice if it had made a significant change. I know that braces are considered to be an unknown in terms of whether they "work", but the way I look at it is that even if all they do is reduce progression, they give more time to grow and to be better proportioned, which is a good thing in the longer term. I never had one because my curve was discovered too late and too far advanced, and I do wish that I'd had the opportunity even though no doubt I would have hated it at the time.

Nutty
9th February 2010, 02:27 PM
Sounds promising, I hope this means the curve will not progress :)