PDA

View Full Version : sOme pAin =(

lindzi_11
8th December 2004, 05:36 AM
I'm not sure if I should be worried about this or not. But I have LOTS of pain in my right arm. My shoulder blade and down to my elbow. Theres still and little bit of a tiny tiny tiny hump on that side of my back. So i think it has to do with that. Like when I write my right arm hurts alot and I'm still taking my medication but it doesn't seem to help much at all. Its like I lifted something and I maybe strained my arm out or something. But i haven't been lifting anything. Also the pain almost feels like the pain you get when you pulled a mucsle. I'm trying to describe it as best I can. Like I know i'm still healing and tender from the surgery but don't know if like this arm pain should be happening or not. I'm not sure how I should go about this :help:,but if any of you's have any thoughts or suggestions or similiar problems feeel freee to post.

Amazed Jean
8th December 2004, 06:22 AM
Lindzi, Sorry about your pain. I think you should give the doctor a call in the morning and at least leave a message. It could be nothing but it needs to be on the record. Its probably just part of the healing process going on. Think good thoughts.I

jfkimberly
8th December 2004, 08:07 AM
Lindzi, I don't know... I'm the type of person that this close to surgery, if there's something that just strikes you as odd call the doctor and ask about it. It could just be you adjusting to your changed posture, or it could be your nerves/muscles healing after surgery... or it could be something more serious. If it's normal, your doctor will be able to tell you about all the dozens/hundreds of patients who've called with the same concern. If it doesn't sound normal, he'll be alerted and can get you back in to check it out.

I'm sorry you're having problems that are worrying to you. I hope it is some typical part of recovery, and you get past it soon.

sins
8th December 2004, 12:09 PM
You got a huge correction Linzi and the muscles are bound to be reacting badly to having been rearranged.there is also the possibility that there's some minor and temporary neurological injury.I think get back in touch with your surgeon.Phone his office at the very least and you may be prescribed some PT or he'll most likely tell you it's just a transient problem.Damaged muscles can take quite a while to recover.In the meantime, get yourself a gel pack from your drugstore, you know the type where you pop it in the microwave for a minute or so.When the heat is applied you'll find it easier to stretch your muscles and get them working.In a muscle injury the fibers are shortened so they tighten.I can't imagine it being anything more serious than that.

Kayla
8th December 2004, 04:22 PM
Lindzi I have had that same pain since surgery but I just thought it was me! I thought I wasnt exercising enough or something! Wow I am sorry you have it though! A ncie massage from mom or dad helps :-)

lindzi_11
8th December 2004, 04:46 PM
Kayla do you still have the pain?

andrea
8th December 2004, 06:05 PM
Sorry to hear you're in pain Lindzi. I don't have much to suggest I'm afraid as I haven't been through it, but what the others say makes sense to me.

Here's a hug from me and the little one :squeeze:

elvinwarrior
10th December 2004, 03:52 AM
I had some mild pain like that after my surgery.

Blair
10th December 2004, 02:29 PM
I still get that sort of pain pretty frequently.....

lindzi_11
10th December 2004, 05:18 PM
I got my mom to call the hospital and we're waiting for a call back. Blair, like does the pain like that come back because you lifted something or does it just come like out of nowhere?

jamiebug44
10th December 2004, 07:34 PM
i am sorry to hear that

Blair
10th December 2004, 09:36 PM
It's more set off by sitting too much... I have muscle spasams in my back, and when I sit, they tighten up and start messing with nerves, etc... The more active I stay, the better I feel and the less it occurrs...

lindzi_11
11th December 2004, 12:25 AM
My pain has kinda died down a bit in my arm... I've noticed the same kinda thing too Blair when i'm sitting my arm hurts more. Cuz i'll wake up in the morning now and and I have no pain. I made eggs and bacon for breakfast this morning hehe and still no pain. I sat down to eat and I was fine...but then like fifteen minutes later I had pain in it.

jfkimberly
11th December 2004, 07:20 AM
Maybe when you're sitting, particularly at a desk or table, you have your arms up to reach whatever's on the desk or table. It might be a position thing. When you stand, even to cook, your arms stay lower than when you're sitting and working.

lindzi_11
15th December 2004, 09:46 PM
I found out why my arm is in pain and it is because I do have a pulled muscle. Theres nothig I can really do to help that it'll heal on its own. But I am happy to say that my pain is getting lesser and lesser :D . I don't feel quite as stiff as I used to and the clear bandages are starting to fall off on their own. :D I'm so glad i went along with surgery because it was VERY worth it ! Thanx for the support :D

Blair
15th December 2004, 10:07 PM
I'm glad you're starting to feel better Lindz!