PDA

View Full Version : my back

jamiebug44
7th December 2004, 05:54 PM
hey guys!ok when ever i stretch my back kinda hurts and i dont know y though :-? do you guys no y or advices?

titch
7th December 2004, 07:07 PM
There can be a lot of reasons for your back to hurt when you stretch. Very often it's just that the muscles are tight, and stretching them causes some pain, so it's usually nothing to worry about. If it is tight muscles, a nice hot shower or bath might help when they are bad :-)

jamiebug44
7th December 2004, 07:27 PM
thank you so much i was worryed

Abbi
7th December 2004, 07:36 PM
yeah a hot bath will definately help, it helps me!!!!

jamiebug44
7th December 2004, 07:37 PM
thank you

Thaleias spirit
7th December 2004, 08:33 PM
Sometimes I find when the weather is really cold out that I tense up a little and can easily pull my muscles... and there are times when Im asleep that I can move funnily and maybe pull something then., you never know til the next day. :woe:

The bath is a good idea, but if thats too awkard sometimes (ie: may be too late to have one) try resting a hot water bottle against the part of your back thats sore (wrap something around ithe hot water bottle first otherwise it might burn your skin if its too hot!!)

The other thing I found helpful was swimming. Even if you dont want to swim, just being in the water and doing some gentle movements might help.

Most people tend to avoid exercise when their back hurts them but a lot of medical people wil recommend thats the time when you should do exercise ... even if its easy stretches ... it doesnt have to be anything too hard or rough...

jamiebug44
7th December 2004, 08:35 PM
i do swim i am on the swim team

jamiebug44
7th December 2004, 08:37 PM
thanks much

butterflylr
7th December 2004, 10:28 PM
I love taking warm baths when my back is hurting. Unfortunately I don't have a bath tub in the place I live right now. I only have a shower :cry: I make jokes that I want a bathtub for Christmas and stuff but it won't happen cause it's a rental. Oh well.

Hope your back feels better soon. If you are lucky enough to own a bathtub I would highly suggest it.

jamiebug44
7th December 2004, 10:29 PM
i do have a bathtub

jfkimberly
8th December 2004, 07:51 AM
Awww... Lindsay, you need to move! Or buy a "washtub" to fill with hot water for a good soaking. Hm. Then again, I guess you'd have to be pretty desperate to do that... filling a washtub that's large enough for an adult person is no easy task. And emptying it would be a nightmare.

butterflylr
8th December 2004, 07:56 AM
I always joke with my husband that I'm going to buy a kiddie pool to put in the shower so I can lay in it. I had thought seriously about that for a while. :P But then my brain took over again and I realized that wasn't too smart of an idea. :D The drain thing I thought to be the biggest problem...otherwise you would probably see me with a kiddie pool smack dab in the middle of my shower. People would think I'd gone out of my mind! (Maybe I have...:-))