PDA

View Full Version : got surgery date

lynns
7th December 2004, 03:41 PM
well guys and girls i have a surgery date. the doc wanted me to atleast have a good xmas so it will be january 10th. i was originally suppose to be worked on at the c6-7 level, but since c3-7 is herniated as well we will be doing the complete neck. im glad its being done but scared at the same time. also i feel more in pain now than before. funny huh? well i thouf=ght id fill you all in. sorry been gone for awhile had a lot of family issues. hope all here is doing well
michelle

Blair
7th December 2004, 03:57 PM
Yikes! That sure doesn't sound like fun Michelle!
I know my pain level went up once surgery was deemed necessary- Maybe the stress/nervousness is making you more tense and aggrivating the problem? Happens to me a lot...

Hope your family issues are getting better!

Hang in there!

Abbi
7th December 2004, 04:12 PM
Michelle, thats wonderful news! the time will fly by. Your surgery is the day I go back to college after Christmas, so I will def. be thinking and praying about/for you.
Don't worry about it, it will be over in no time, just talk to those on the site who are now one/two year(s)post op.....hope it all goes well.....yeaahh your gunna have a lovely straight spine! Go you!

sins
7th December 2004, 06:36 PM
That's wonderful news Michelle.
Are they fusing your neck ? Here's to a better and less painful New year.
Sins

Joy
7th December 2004, 06:37 PM
That's great news!! I've happy for you. And guess what? I had my anterior stage on Jan. 10th.

Surgery is really stressful, but just remember that it's all worth it. *hugs*

butterflylr
7th December 2004, 10:29 PM
That's great! Best of luck to you! :D

andrea
7th December 2004, 10:33 PM
That's great news that you got a date. Hope it all goes well and you manage to have a relaxing Christmas without too much worry. I'm sure you'll do great.

jamiebug44
7th December 2004, 10:33 PM
Good Luck and i well be praying

lynns
8th December 2004, 12:26 AM
im having a discomty and fusion. and yes it will be taking the scoliosis out of my neck but will have in back still but the doc said we will deal with that after this all goes well. also the doc said i would need atleast 1 to 2 weeks of help before being left unattended. has anyone any info on this surgery and how you dealt after coming home?

jfkimberly
8th December 2004, 08:03 AM
Congratulations on getting a date scheduled (after Christmas!), and good luck with the surgery. I was fused as an infant, so I have no idea what is a normal level of functioning in the early recovery stage. But I just wanted to wish you well.

titch
8th December 2004, 08:08 PM
Hopefully it'll give you a lot of relief. Just the immobilisation from the fusion should help a lot - my L2-3 disc was completely degenerated, and just having the fusion extended made the world of difference to me.

I've not had anything done to my neck yet, but I can imagine that you will need a few days of assistance while things settle initially - if nothing else, you feel pretty washed out just from the general anaesthetic and all the other stuff they put in you during the surgery.

Fingers crossed for a great result :squeeze:

Marti
9th December 2004, 01:10 AM
Good luck! That's great that the doctor wanted you to have a good Christmas and it's nice that the surgery's so soon.