PDA

View Full Version : some reson cannot sleep

jamiebug44
6th December 2004, 07:40 PM
guys for some reson i can not get a full sleep i dont y but i have to wear my brace to bed and it is proboly my brace getting in my way when i sleep. :cry:

jamiebug44
6th December 2004, 07:44 PM
is there any advice?

butterflylr
6th December 2004, 10:34 PM
Is it that you are just really uncomfy when you are sleeping or is it that your body isn't tired? Last night I swear I layed in bed for like 3 hours wide awake! It was driving me up the wall! I don't know why I couldn't sleep either.

If it is your brace then I don't have much advice unfortunately cause I have never worn one. But there are plenty of people on here that have and hopefully they can give you some advice on how to make it more comfortable.

jamiebug44
6th December 2004, 10:44 PM
ok thanks

tonibunny
6th December 2004, 11:24 PM
Hopefully you will get used to your brace soon Jamie, then you'll find it easier to get to sleep. It can help if you have a nice warm bath before bed, and if you drink a hot milky drink. Ask your mum if she'll make you some yummy hot chocolate before bedtime :)

jamiebug44
7th December 2004, 12:38 AM
my mommy will i well ask her thank you

Amazed Jean
7th December 2004, 05:18 AM
Jamie, Sometimes when you can't sleep the only thing keeping you awake is your mind. It's still awake so use it. You can think about anything peaceful or try thinking only about others. That doesn't work try conciously saying my right foot is all relaxed and then relax it, next my left foot is all relaxed and relax it....etc. until you are totally relaxed and then lie there and really listen to your breathing and slow it down. This really works. A doctor friend of mine suggested it.

Becky
7th December 2004, 05:18 PM
I couldnt sleep Sunday night, the last time I looked at my clock was at 3.45am and I probally fell asleep a licle afetr that, but I woke up at dead on seven and I wasnt tired all day. I think iv overslept a lot lately though!

Sorry to hear you cant sleep Jamie.

jamiebug44
7th December 2004, 05:19 PM
ok thank you,i did get a lot of sleep last night will the strom keeped me up alittle but i fell asleep about my time 9:00pm so that is good and the next thing i notice it was time to wake up.

Abbi
7th December 2004, 05:57 PM
Sometimes I cannot get to sleep either, I will lay awake for hours! maybe it is your brace! I hope you are able to get a better nights sleep tonight! I will be praying for you!
Sorry I have no advice!

jamiebug44
7th December 2004, 06:08 PM
no its totaly fine abbi.thank you and i well be praying too

lindzi_11
8th December 2004, 12:12 AM
Yah it is hard to sleep with a brace... but you just have to get used to it and eventually you will. It just takes some time thats all. You just have to be patient and it'll all work out i'm sure :D