PDA

View Full Version : Scenar

helengracie
21st October 2009, 10:01 PM
My daughter was treated successfully by Chris Mortensen at SCENAR HEALTH in Australia.

www.scenarhealth.com

02 9913 2020

In the USA he has trained Dr Donese Worden NMD and her details are on www.scenarhealth.us

mark
21st October 2009, 10:16 PM
Having checked out the web site i do not understand what this treatment has to do with scoliosis

helengracie
21st October 2009, 10:58 PM
It is worth a try for people with idiopathic scoliosis - like my daughter. Her problem was that her body was out of balance and the SCENAR is able to stimulate the body's ability to adapt naturally. She was in a brace ( 32 degrees) when we started treatment and she is now straight.

Click on client testimonials and read the two posted for scoliosis.

mark
21st October 2009, 11:03 PM
I have read loads of web sites with miracle cures and i have read loads of stuff about who great thiat treatment was then i read it costs a fortue, then i read they have to do the same exercises for the rest of there lives just to maintain the same correction, sorry if i'm pesamistic, just look at my avater i just don't want anyone to look like me in 20 years because they went with some miracle cure that did not work, if you want to read about my life go to the link in my signature go to page 8 and read on, i would not want any parent to suffer like i did and still do both physically amd mentally

macky
22nd October 2009, 08:25 AM
Mark, I do agree with you. Over the years I have seen so many of these so called miracle cures as well, and in the long run it has all been for nothing except for the poor patient whose hopes were up so high only to have them dashed, as well as the family. I would like to know how old helengracie your daughter is, as its a real worry, I cant understand how you got onto this in Australia, but I really hope your daughter stays straight.

Lorraine.

helengracie
22nd October 2009, 08:41 AM
Hi Mark and Lorraine,
My daughter is now 17 and straight - thanks for asking! The reason I am on this site now is that I realize that many people do not know that this technology is a CHOICE. I would not want any to get their hopes up - only to be dashed. SCENAR is not a miracle - but when the body auto corrects with the help of a device which stimulates the bodys adaptive processes - then the body creates its own wonders.

At the very least - the SCENAR relieves pain and discomfort. It was actually for this reason that we started using it. The auto correction was a HUGE SURPRISE. Hope that helps you....I can refer people to research etc from Russia if they want to see it. Nothing specifically on SCOLIOSIS - but lots on the mechanism of action and other chronic anc acute conditions. Helen

helengracie
22nd October 2009, 08:46 AM
Forgot to mention she has been straight for 6 years now. I am helping another few mums in the USA with email support who are getting SCENAR treatment from their kids. It is incredible how similar our kids cases have been, I do not for one minute think that SCENAR will help everyone with Scoliosis - but the ones that present like my daughter seem to get help.

mark
22nd October 2009, 12:02 PM
It is worth a try for people with idiopathic scoliosis - like my daughter. Her problem was that her body was out of balance and the SCENAR is able to stimulate the body's ability to adapt naturally. She was in a brace ( 32 degrees) when we started treatment and she is now straight.

Click on client testimonials and read the two posted for scoliosis.

Hi Helen, thanks for that but i would like to know exactly how it works and spefically its relationship to scoliosis/kyphosis curves

I wonder why there has been no research in relation to scoliotic or kyphotic curves, if as you say it appears to be a miracle cure

helengracie
22nd October 2009, 12:13 PM
Hi Mark,

Great question! I will get the info you need and post it. The answer will be in terms of how the SCENAR signal works with the C fibres and how this prompts the natural adaptive processes. I stress AGAIN - the only miracle if one happens is that the body auto corrects. The SCENAR itself does not do it - it just stimulates that response in the body. Helen

Amazed Jean
22nd October 2009, 06:34 PM
We are thrilled it worked for your daughter. I've read the entire Scenar website and other sites attached to it. To quote a movie role. "Show me the money." It is really expensive and I frankly couldn't find one MD in the USA who uses it or reccommends it. If you have a person in Chicago please give me their name. I have a sister who works at Northwestern Hospital in Chicago and I'd like to run it by her and see what she can find through her sources. I also checked with our insurance and they won't cover it at all. Can you give me any names or email addresses to ask other people in the US how it worked for them? Your daughter's curve was relatively small in comparison to most of the people here who have been braced or had surgery. So I wonder if anyone with more of a curve or curves has had luck using it for their scoliosis. I am glad it worked for your daughter and hope it can help others.

helengracie
22nd October 2009, 09:52 PM
Hi Jean,

Thanks for the kind words..
I know that Dr Toni Bark MD in Evanston is trained in SCENAR and using it - that is very close to North Western - so perhaps your sister can call her and see what she thinks. The Doctor does not need to have treated someone with scoliosis before in order to start treatments - they do usually need to communicate with their trainer so that they cna be guided through. SCENAR works holistically , the doc does not need to specialize in one disorder - they can treat any part of the body. Dr Donese Worden NMD in Phoenix is having success with her scoliosis patients and I know that one of the moms might join this discussion now that I have told her about this support group. I know quite a few chiropractors and even dentists in Chicago using it but will research what other MD's and get back to you....Helen

mark
22nd October 2009, 10:03 PM
Hi all

Helen i haved created your own thread

Cheers

Mark

PATTY
22nd October 2009, 10:58 PM
I am new here but would like to share some of my experiences with the group. My son who will be 15 in a couple of months has idiopathic scoliosis. About 3 years ago when we first found out he was around 30 degrees and started the bracing. In August of this year was a 67 degree. I have already canceled his surgery once in hope of finding some other way. I researched day and night for something and decided what could it hurt to try the SCENAR. We live about 2000 miles from Arizona but after reading about Dr. Donese Worden decided to give her a call and last week went there and started SCENAR treatments on my son. In hopes that it would just help with his pain, but I seeing more than just that.

helengracie
22nd October 2009, 10:59 PM
Thanks Mark for creating the thread. The title is misspelt - can we change it to SCENAR? PS will have something for you in regards to research from Russia soon. I know that there are plenty still not translated - so I am making a request to see if there has been one done but not translated. Helen

mark
22nd October 2009, 11:47 PM
Thanks Mark for creating the thread. The title is misspelt - can we change it to SCENAR? Helen

Sorry i think because i moved a whole load of posts into a new thread it won't let me change it please accept my apologies for my spelling mistake

mark
23rd October 2009, 12:15 AM
I am new here but would like to share some of my experiences with the group. My son who will be 15 in a couple of months has idiopathic scoliosis. About 3 years ago when we first found out he was around 30 degrees and started the bracing. In August of this year was a 67 degree. I have already canceled his surgery once in hope of finding some other way. I researched day and night for something and decided what could it hurt to try the SCENAR. We live about 2000 miles from Arizona but after reading about Dr. Donese Worden decided to give her a call and last week went there and started SCENAR treatments on my son. In hopes that it would just help with his pain, but I seeing more than just that.

Hi PATTY welcome to SSO sorry to read that bracing did not work and your sons curve has increased, its really scary when we see our children in pain.

Wow how fast this machine works can you just clarify that you are saying you have been using the machine for just one week and you can already see the curve size reducing

What would be really interesting to see is a new measurement of his cobb angle. I hope you have not completly dismissed traditional methods of treatment. I would not want to see a year down the line that curve has further progressed

Once again welcome and if you see our posts as being a little cautious its because we often get people signing up, advertising prohibitively expensive unproven quack treatments and then disapearing, sufferers and in paticular worried parents see these miracle cures as heaven sent and waste a lot of time, effort and money.

My concern is paticularly with the time element, no one wants there children to go through invasive surgery but having said that just take a look at my avater, that is what happens when curves are left to progress. I'm now looking at an extremely invasive anterior and posterior release, 2 titanium rods about 30 screws and a fusion right down to T3 or T4 about 12 hours in surgery for a really difficult rigid Scheuremann's kyphotic curve

Lucy7
23rd October 2009, 12:45 AM
Please excuse my ignorance but it looks like a TENS device to me. Am I right? In that case I can see how it would really help with pain (which is great) but I am not sure it can prevent a curve getting worse or even reverse a curve.

Is it used in combination with any kind of physical therapy?

I totally agree with Mark. We love to hear of any treatments that are working for people and are excited when we hear of positive results. But we are naturally very cautious for the reasons Mark has outlined already particularly for treatments that don't have a great deal of medical research. When dealing with children, the worst case scenario would be seeing a child's curve progress fast whilst one of these new treatments was being explored. The first stop should always be a scoliosis specilast, in my opinion.

macky
23rd October 2009, 12:50 AM
Absolutely, totally agree with both of you.

Lorraine

PATTY
23rd October 2009, 01:54 AM
I agree with what everyone is saying and I am still not sure about anything. That is why we didnt cancel the surgery the second time. He has a pre-op visit the end of November. In the mean time though what would it hurt to try something else. When we went to Arizona last week his leg and ankle hurt and the middle part of the back. At times enough to bring him to tears. The treatments Dr. Worden did on him with the Scenar helped with the pain after about the second treatment. The ankle and leg haven't hurt at all since then. I came back to TN on Friday night and have been treating him myself. Dr. Worden is keeping a close watch on things and stays in contact everyday. Last night when we started to treat him I could actually she the spine looked straighter. I know hard to believe as it is for me too. Before last night I would have probably said somebody was crazy if they told me this. I still am confused and worried and scared at the same time. I myself dont even totally understand how this works. It is like I told someone today I guess it is the fear of the unknown. Something I had never heard of until a few weeks ago and now see something like this happening. I would love to tell more about the changes in the past week that have happened to him. My whole family is just amazed.

mark
23rd October 2009, 08:36 PM
Your a cool dad, you just want the best for your child, if you have the money go for it, you seem sensible too you are still going for regular sessions with your surgeon, i really hope your journey does not involve surgery

peace be with you and your family

Mark

BrettWB
26th November 2009, 12:34 PM
Go here for some info on how SCENAR has helped with scoliosis http://www.thezaphouse.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18&Itemid=49

Also Google SCENAR and Scoliosis...see the results.

ciao

Brett

tonibunny
28th November 2009, 05:11 PM
Helen, according this page you are the CEO of Scenar Health!

http://canadianskiquest.blogspot.com/2009/07/scenar-treatment.html

Please can you clarify, are you genuinely the parent of a scoliosis patient, or are you actually the CEO of the company?

hduggan
29th November 2009, 01:31 AM
Yes, it looks like it:

http://www.scenarinstitute.org/site_content.asp?p=contactus

Sales and Marketing
Helen Gracie
Sales and Marketing Director
helen@scenarinstitute.org

ivanleg
30th November 2009, 01:58 PM
According to this video I think the answer might be both (has a daughter that had scoliosis, wore a brace, tried Scenar; and is perhaps MD of the Australian(?) Scenar operations):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3LWl95vrxM

Also unless I'm mistaken I believe Helen's testimonial about her daughter is below:
http://www.thezaphouse.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18&Itemid=49

I'm curious why the improvement in Amy's spine (which was measured after she got out of the brace) was not attributed to the brace. Some studies suggest there can be a 50% improvement in curve size with bracing:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2656747/