PDA

View Full Version : finding it hard...

Abbi
30th November 2004, 05:44 PM
Guys, has this ever happened to any of you.....
At the moment, I am finding it hard tio breathe right, like when I take a deep breath its really sore....
do you think this is something to do with my scoliosis. My surgeon said that if we left me the way i was, I would just have pain, and my curve would go up, but he didnt say anything about my lungs or breathing? I know scoliosis can affect your lungs, so I was wondering do you think that is what has happened, cos i have such a big curve (a double curve of 80) ?

lindzi_11
30th November 2004, 05:57 PM
Yes I had trouble breathing before I got surgery. But now I find I breath much much easier.

sins
30th November 2004, 06:24 PM
At your age Abbi, you wouldn't have suffered a serious loss of lung function from your curve.You mainly feel the effects when you hit 30+.
Even with 120 degree curve I don't feel a lot of pain from breathing.Still, there's a fair chance it may be from scoliosis and all the more reason to mention to your surgeon during your easter tests.
Sins

Abbi
30th November 2004, 06:39 PM
I was thinking to telling him that! I suppose he would find that out from my lung function tests.
I am going to go to the Doctors soon, to get soon pain killers....cos its so unfair that I should have to live with this pain.
My surgeon asked me was I taking any pain killers, and i said no, and he didnt even ask me if i wanted any, but i suppose surgeons dont give them out do they?

andrea
30th November 2004, 09:40 PM
Aww, sorry to hear you're in pain Abbi. Unfortunately I don't know much about why you'd be experiencing this, but it would make sense for your scoli to have an affect on your breathing. Here's a hug :squeeze:

Hope you feel better soon.

jfkimberly
1st December 2004, 01:20 AM
Having had rib problems and lung problems, I have to say it's hard to feel the difference. With double 80 curves, the pain could just be your ribs hurting when you breathe.

Abbi
1st December 2004, 02:25 PM
Thanks guys **Hugs you all back**
My back is better today, like no pain at all, I had a lovely warm bath last night, and it helped A LOT! But I am still going to go to my GP to get some pain killers, and maybe a referal to a physio.

Amazed Jean
3rd December 2004, 08:39 AM
Abbi, I'm sorry you are having breathing problems. Obvious to me now, I should have worried sooner. You might give the doctor a call you could be fighting off a bug or maybe pneumonia. What I find strange is that it came up suddenly so that kinda says its something to call about hey, you can take your sister along and ask about her back. Really I wouldn't fool around with your breathing. I think I just kept going along and getting by and didn't realize how tired I was getting. It was my breathing. It didn't hurt. It just wore me out.

Abbi
3rd December 2004, 06:46 PM
ok its got worse now.....mmmhhh not fair....when I breathe I have this sharp pain on my right side, under my right breast....so not funny! So i am going to book an app. to see the GP and YES I will take my sister, whether she likes it or not....lol

Amazed Jean
3rd December 2004, 08:50 PM
And for pete's sake have some chocolate. Maybe that'll cure you. *laughing my butt off thinking of you taking one bite and breathing like never before****

Little~shedevil~dee
3rd December 2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Abbi@Dec 3 2004, 05:46 PM
ok its got worse now.....mmmhhh not fair....when I breathe I have this sharp pain on my right side, under my right breast....so not funny! So i am going to book an app. to see the GP and YES I will take my sister, whether she likes it or not....lol
i have the same pain in the same place as you abbi
it hurts so much to breath

Abbi
4th December 2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by amazed@Dec 3 2004, 07:50 PM
And for pete's sake have some chocolate. Maybe that'll cure you. *laughing my butt off thinking of you taking one bite and breathing like never before****
Chocolate......hmmmm how would that cure me?!? im not sure? I dont wanna take any until christmas....I am so werid, if I set myself a goal like this one, I will keep to it, and i cannot break it.....so sorry no chocolate...but a GP app. yes! :niceone: