PDA

View Full Version : Lost referral!

jfkimberly
30th November 2004, 04:49 AM
Remember my appointment with Dr. Cyr in San Antonio on October 19th? He's the one who suggested the titanium rib and was setting up that referral to Dr. Campbell for me. I called Tricare last week because it'd been over a month since my ortho appointment and I really expected to hear something a lot sooner than that... and they had no record of the referral and suggested I call the physician again. So I called today (Thanksgiving last week, and all), and they had tried to put it through "ASAP," but Tricare bungled it. So the ortho clinic's managing nurse resubmitted it today, and I should get a call by tomorrow to set up my appointment! I'll add to this thread after I get my appointment settled. Naturally, I'll be avoiding my holiday and Christmas. I doubt I can squeeze it in before I go, and it's such a tight window when I get back before Christmas that it'll probably be after the new year before I get in. But the ball is rolling once again.

Marti
30th November 2004, 04:55 AM
It's a good thing you called! That sounds frustrating... But hey, at least the new year's only a bit more than a month away!

jfkimberly
30th November 2004, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by Marti@Nov 29 2004, 10:55 PM
It's a good thing you called!
I know! My inclination was to give it some more time. But I kept thinking about how quickly all my other referrals went in, and it just didn't feel right. I don't know what went wrong with this one, but it's getting fixed, so I guess it doesn't matter now.

Abbi
30th November 2004, 05:25 PM
AWW that sucks....I hate that when that happens! I got a cancelled app. to see my surgeon, and i didnt even get a sorry....they didnt seem to care, it is so fustrating sometimes!
I hope they can squeeze you in before christmas!

jfkimberly
1st December 2004, 01:07 AM
I don't have much time before Christmas, unless they can get me in by the end of next week. After that, I'll be gone on the trip, then home just in time for Christmas. I really think it'll be after New Year's.

I missed a call today. I think it was them, but they didn't leave a message, so I can't be sure. I guess they'll call back.

Abbi
1st December 2004, 03:34 PM
CALL THEM!!!!!

jfkimberly
2nd December 2004, 06:48 AM
hahah I'm waiting for a call from someone else. I don't have a number to call. But if I don't get a call tomorrow, I'll call the clinic back and ask for guidance.

Amazed Jean
2nd December 2004, 07:56 AM
Don't you just love to be tied to the telephone? It drives me crazy. I also hate it when I have to wait at home for someone (like the O2 guy) to deliver. I think of thirty things to do out of the house. I probably wouldn't do them all anyway but it still makes me crazy to wait on other people. Its been a big thing in our marriage. I will arrive 45 minutes early for something but I loathe being 1 minute late. I NEVER make anyone wait for me. My husband and daughter and son-in-law are all much more casual. It doesn't matter if they are late. They don't mind making people wait either. Grrrrrrrrrh.

titch
2nd December 2004, 09:08 AM
<pointless post>
I&#39;m not strung tight about it, but don&#39;t like being late for things. My parents tend to be late for most things, which drives me mad, but my brother takes the biscuit, to the extent my dad nicknamed him manana man&#33; It&#39;s truly staggering just how late he manages to be, and with how little apparent effort - I just can&#39;t be that late without working at it&#33; If ever there was someone who would be late to his own funeral, it&#39;s my laid back brother :-o
</pointless post>

Abbi
2nd December 2004, 03:53 PM
yeah.....my unlce had to sort of house sit to wait for the guy to comew and fix our dishwasher and then our cooker (and it was the same guy...LOL) but anyways, it kinna sucks, they say that they will be there at a certain time and dont show for another hour....grrr&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Originally posted by Titch @ 8.08AM

<pointless post>
I&#39;m not strung tight about it, but don&#39;t like being late for things. My parents tend to be late for most things, which drives me mad, but my brother takes the biscuit, to the extent my dad nicknamed him manana man&#33; It&#39;s truly staggering just how late he manages to be, and with how little apparent effort - I just can&#39;t be that late without working at it&#33; If ever there was someone who would be late to his own funeral, it&#39;s my laid back brother
</pointless post>
Titch I am just like that...I hate lateness, I drives me insane,.....I just done get it, like how can people be late....I would rather by 10mins early than late....&#33;&#33;&#33;
I am very punctual for everything.... :monkey:

jfkimberly
2nd December 2004, 11:05 PM
I just got a newsletter from my new Tricare provider that has a web address where I can register online to check my referral/authorization status... so I did. I&#39;m approved&#33; I just notified the ortho clinic where I consulted in October, and the doctor should be calling me to set up the appointment very soon. I don&#39;t know what Dr. Campbell will have open, but hopefully I can pop down there next week (before my trip). I&#39;ll keep providing updates.

Marti
3rd December 2004, 02:58 AM
That sounds really helpful. That way you might not have to bother someone by calling or wait around for someone to call you.

jfkimberly
3rd December 2004, 05:02 AM
I know&#33; I&#39;m thrilled to have found out about this. Once I registered, I just clicked on a link to "online referral/authorization status" and there&#39;s the makings of a list... only one item was listed for me, because this referral is the only one pending. If you click on the status date, it takes you to more details about the referral, including the diagnosis, duration of the approval (this one&#39;s until July of 2005), and other stuff.

So, anyway... that saved me one hassle. *grin*