PDA

View Full Version : appoinment

Little~shedevil~dee
29th November 2004, 04:25 PM
my appoinment at stanmore is this coming thursday whoooohoooooooooo i cant wait
i have never been so happy about going to hospital before lol

i cant belive its nealy here and heres was me moaning months agao about it being ages to december lol :nutter:

Kaja
29th November 2004, 04:53 PM
Oooh, good luck, Dee!! :D

lindzi_11
29th November 2004, 04:55 PM
YaY ToNz Of LuCK!*!*!*!

Little~shedevil~dee
29th November 2004, 05:03 PM
Thanks Kaja and lindz

Sarahs Mum aka Chrissy
29th November 2004, 05:32 PM
Best of luck Dee - Hope it goes well :niceone:

Abbi
29th November 2004, 06:17 PM
Good luck!
What is it for?

Jonny
29th November 2004, 06:22 PM
Good luck Dee :-D they'll take care of you there.

Little~shedevil~dee
29th November 2004, 06:44 PM
Abbi my appoinment is for my back to see how bad it is , what curve i have and what they can do to help me etc take xrays i think lol

thanks for the good luck every one

Abbi
29th November 2004, 06:48 PM
Have you had surgery yet or not? I will be praying for you x

Little~shedevil~dee
29th November 2004, 06:56 PM
not i havent had surgery
i havent even been seen my a scoliosis doctor only been to the pain clinic and it will be a year in january that i have been told that i have got scoliosis

thanks abbi saying you will be praying for me :squeeze:

Abbi
29th November 2004, 07:27 PM
A year...wow!! well it will be one year in March for me, and that is when i am going for tests!
So you dont even know your curves...wow, thats a long time to wait, I thought I got it bad, cos I had to wait from March until September!
Good luck again )))Hugs(((

Little~shedevil~dee
29th November 2004, 08:34 PM
i hate not knowing my curves i was passed on from doctor to doctor it was at the pain clinc i got told i had scoliosis i had xrays taken but they got lost
i had to go to my gp in the end ask for appoinment with a scoliosis doctor
my gp said to me i dont know why no one sent to you one in the first place
grrrr makes me so mad

thanks for your good luck and hugs

when are you having your tests?

Thaleias spirit
29th November 2004, 10:01 PM
Dee,

I truly hope that Thursday goes well for you...and that you get some answers at long last... dont leave until your happy that every question youve asked is answered...

It is maddening when you hear somebody say (especialy a doctor) "I dont know why you havent been referred before... :nut: ... Ive lost count the number of times Ive heard this... and like you I still have no idea what my curves are.. the attitude from the last consultant was nothing can be done ... so no point in xrays...but dont worry, it wont get worse... :woe: but come the new year I shall be insisting on second opinion...

(how they know that when they have no xrays to o on... god only knows...)

Will be thinking of you on Thursday....BEST OF LUCK!!!! :-)

Little~shedevil~dee
29th November 2004, 10:06 PM
Thanks hun
i feel like a little girl waiting for christmas to come lol

Ryansmum
29th November 2004, 11:10 PM
:D Hi Dee hope all goes well for you at the hospital..its the waiting that gets you down sometimes,thankfully it's almost here and I really hope they will give you some help for the pain you are in as well as starting your treatment to help sort out your curves :squeeze: We'll be thinking of you and awaiting a full report after the big day Dee & Ryan :joke:

Little~shedevil~dee
30th November 2004, 01:11 AM
Thanks Dee
i will give a big report when i get back in after having the appoinment
i am going to ask about my rib hump its been given me so many problems some times it feels like my ribs are pushing agaist my lungs , its so painfull to breath out

Marti
30th November 2004, 03:19 AM
Good luck! I'm glad it's finally almost here. You've been waiting waaaay too long.

Little~shedevil~dee
30th November 2004, 01:30 PM
Thanks Marti
i will be happy when thursday gets here , feels as if the week is going very slow lol

Abbi
30th November 2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Little~shedevil~dee@Nov 29 2004, 07:34 PM
i hate not knowing my curves i was passed on from doctor to doctor it was at the pain clinc i got told i had scoliosis i had xrays taken but they got lost
i had to go to my gp in the end ask for appoinment with a scoliosis doctor
my gp said to me i dont know why no one sent to you one in the first place
grrrr makes me so mad

thanks for your good luck and hugs

when are you having your tests?
Dee - I am having my tests in March, just stuff like an MRI(maybe) xrays, lung function, spine flexibility and blood tests (owww....not nice)
I hope that it goes well...and if you need surgery, you know that we will all be here for you!

It makes me mad also....that the governement didnt invest enough money in orthopeadics...!!! grrr! :soapbox:

Becky
30th November 2004, 06:13 PM
I'v known i'v had scoliosis since I was 15 and i'm 18 now, I still don't know what my exact curve is, I should get an appointment through after christmas. Up untill May just gone my scoli wasn't serious and I never bothered reading up on it.

Abbi
30th November 2004, 06:26 PM
wow!!! thats such a long time.....! I was having bad back pain for about two years before i was diagnosed. Some days it got so bad i couldnt stand!
Will you need an operation becky? I hope you get an appointment soon, cos if your curve is high, it can have serious implications. Do you have much pain?

Little~shedevil~dee
30th November 2004, 07:00 PM
i started to have bad back pain over 11 years ago
i went to the gp she looked at my rib cage but she never looked at my back ,

well i got sent to london the doctor there said reason i had the back pain was because of my uneven breasts and because they where to big i didnt think they where
he told me to have a breast redcution said to me it would stop the back pain
which i did 5 years later still with bad pain so the doctor was wrong
grrr some doctors make me mad

Becky
30th November 2004, 07:19 PM
Yer im having my op early next year some time. It's not a big curve, i think its was about 40ish, but I cant be sure, I looked at it on my x-rays but didn't realise thats what it meant till I came on here! So im gunna find out what it is at my pre-op.

I dont get pain from it, but i get general back ache, I dont know if thats caused by my scoli?!?

Abbi
30th November 2004, 08:44 PM
Dee - you had a breast reduction? I didnt no that! I hope it all goes well on thur!

Becky - your soooo lucky you dnt get a lot of pain.....can i trade ya? lol

Becky
30th November 2004, 08:55 PM
No thank you!!! I may not be happy with the shape but im sooo glad I dont get pain!

andrea
30th November 2004, 09:26 PM
Best of luck Dee. I can't believe how quickly it's come round. Be warned that Stanmore isn't the prettiest hospital - they're doing a lot of work to it so bits of it look like a WW2 hospital, but it's the treatment you get there that counts, and that's great. Be sure to let us know how it goes as soon as you can.

jfkimberly
1st December 2004, 01:12 AM
Good luck on Thursday, Dee. I remember how excited I was in the days before my appointment (and, really, every step along the way for me), and I imagine you're just bouncing off the walls. I really hope you get some real answers to your questions, and they can do something to relieve your pain.

Have you written your questions down so you don't forget anything?

Are you hoping that surgery is an option, or are you hoping you don't have to go that route?

Little~shedevil~dee
1st December 2004, 04:25 PM
yeah Abbi i had the breast redcution done nearly 5 years go , my left breast was a d my other breast was a dd the doctor i had then i didnt like he was very mean to me

kim i have got every thing writen down i want to ask martin made made sure i did it lol
in some ways i want an operation because i'm in so much pain and have tryed
everything to stop the pain

andrea i dont care what the hospital look like long as they help me
you should see hemel hempstead hospital it looks so ugly lol

thanks every one for your good luck , it means a lot to me

Abbi
1st December 2004, 06:57 PM
Bring your Qs with you, cos when the surgeon is rambling on, you seem to get nervous/confussed and forget, cos I had a few Q I wanted to ask,but after he mentioned surgery it was like someone had hitme on the head!

Crazy16girl
1st December 2004, 07:01 PM
Good luck!

Whose you consultant your seeing? i was/am at stanmore :)

Crazy16girl
1st December 2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by andrea@Nov 30 2004, 08:26 PM
Best of luck Dee. I can't believe how quickly it's come round. Be warned that Stanmore isn't the prettiest hospital - they're doing a lot of work to it so bits of it look like a WW2 hospital, but it's the treatment you get there that counts, and that's great. Be sure to let us know how it goes as soon as you can.
They happened to be doing the roads when i had my surgery...bump bump bump the day after my surgery to the ward. Oh the pain!!! :cry:

Abbi
1st December 2004, 07:26 PM
aww....that sucks! I have heard that the car journey home isnt too good!
I havent been to the hospital that I will be having surgery in....but it seems to be a good hospital.
I have been told its very busy, and the nurses dont have a lot of time for you

Jonny
1st December 2004, 07:33 PM
The bit that was scary was when they wheel you down the little slope from ADU, and then they let the bed roll sideways down into the road. That was heartstopping when you've just had surgery and in an unstable bed :-D there were some rough bits of the ride outside the entrance at the bottom of the slope wards, just outside ICU.

I remember it was raining one day I went into the main hospital. They had this huge yellow plastic cover that fitted perfectly over my bed, with a little window over my face, and I used the opportunity to phone Charlotte (I think) once!

Anyone who doesn't know already: what's this building? Have a guess.
http://img8.photobucket.com/albums/v28/tonibunny/slife%20pics/Stanmore_1.jpg
Thanks for the photo Toni.

Crazy16girl
1st December 2004, 07:37 PM
OHhhh i know i know. *puts hand in air*

Little~shedevil~dee
2nd December 2004, 12:23 AM
dr i am seeing is called mr j lehovsky
thanks for the good luck

Abbi
2nd December 2004, 12:37 AM
dunno...what is the building?? please enlighten me.....

good luck dee - what time is your app. at?
prayn for you

Little~shedevil~dee
2nd December 2004, 12:50 AM
its at 2 pm thanks abbi for the good luck

as for the photo is it stanmore lol

Abbi
2nd December 2004, 01:13 AM
is that a hospital?!?! what?!?

Little~shedevil~dee
2nd December 2004, 01:31 AM
i think it is but not sure , will find out if it is later at 2pm lol
well i'm off to bed try and get some sleep i bet i dont sleep much as i cant wait for my appoinment lol

Marti
2nd December 2004, 02:24 AM
wow... at my hospital it's all one building, so you don't have to go outside to get from place to place. That's cool that Stanmore is more than one building.

Good lukc tomorrow Dee!

Little~shedevil~dee
2nd December 2004, 12:02 PM
Thanks Marti

i'm just getting ready to go

Ryansmum
2nd December 2004, 12:14 PM
Best of luck Dee are you nervous?? Make sure you take your questions written down with you,hope you're not in there hanging about too long!!!

Little~shedevil~dee
2nd December 2004, 12:33 PM
thanks for the good luck
yeah i am nervous im so nervous i cant stop playing with my ball on my tongue bar lol

Lieve
2nd December 2004, 12:59 PM
I wish you good luck Dee! :squeeze:

jfkimberly
2nd December 2004, 01:10 PM
Oh! It's today! Good luck, Dee! I'll be thinking about you today. Let us know how it goes as soon as you're able.

Abbi
2nd December 2004, 03:18 PM
I wonder how she is getting on....cos her app. was at two, i am sure all will be reveled pretty soon. I hope she doesnt need surgery

andrea
2nd December 2004, 03:20 PM
I think she had a little way to travel to Stanmore didn't she? It might be a while before we hear anything. She may want some time to get her head round whatever news there might be too before she posts. I always need "getting it straight in my head" time.

Hope it's going/went well.

Abbi
2nd December 2004, 03:46 PM
yeah me too.....when i found out i had to have surgery i was like what?!? me and my mum were going to go for lunch after....but we just didnt feel like it, I slept all the way home in the car to think about it all.....then about one hour after i came home I posted, but i hope it is good news for dee, and not bad. Either way we will always be here for her

Little~shedevil~dee
2nd December 2004, 07:20 PM
hi every one i'm back , thanks for all your kind words

he had a look at my back and got me to bend over he said he could see a curve i had some back xrays
also he had a look at my rib hump he told me he was worried about it , he said he thinks he can feel lump between my ribs and my breast bone he was had some xrays taken of my rib cage
i just have to wait for the xrays to come back , hes going to send out appoinment for that also he wants me to go to stanmore for some scans on my back and rib cage
i'm a bit worried now

sins
2nd December 2004, 07:35 PM
The waiting is the hard bit Dee.There's no sense worrying about what it might be.Until he has the xrays and the scans in his hands, he can't tell you for sure what he's dealing with.Just accept that you have an excellent consultant in a superb hospital and they're going to get to the bottom of this problem.I know it's a big worry but we're all here for you.
Sins

sins
2nd December 2004, 07:40 PM
Umm.......Can you remember anything else he said, or was it rushed through?
Sins

Little~shedevil~dee
2nd December 2004, 07:45 PM
it was rushed as he was running late , all he kept on going on about was my rib cage he pressed on it and my bones made a clicking noise :-?
he said he couldnt say about my back untill he had xrays and every thing
he asked me a weird thing
he said did i get my tongue and belly pireced to help my back lol
i hated standing in there in just my bra and nickers

also only one thing made me mad he asked me if i had a baby or did i have streach marks because i lost weight :(

andrea
2nd December 2004, 07:49 PM
Don't worry Dee, I'm sure he's seen it all before! Glad to hear you're back safe and sound. As Sins said, even though it's hard, there really is no point in working yourself up into a worryball while waiting. It's a shame that you have to wait for the x-rays. Usually when we have x-rays at Stanmore, we have to wait in the waiting room for them to bring them out to us and then we take them back to the consultant. I'm sure it won't be long before you have some answers. Did he say how long you might have to wait for an appt?

Little~shedevil~dee
2nd December 2004, 07:53 PM
you should of seen the nicckers i was wearing lol
also i had to wait for my xrays and take them back to him , but hes wants to wait untill i have the scan done
i'm not sure how long i'm going to have to wait he said he hopes its not long and will try and make sure i get one asap

Little~shedevil~dee
2nd December 2004, 08:41 PM
i wished i asked what he meant about lump bwteen my rib cage and breast bone :evil: :thwack:

Ryansmum
2nd December 2004, 09:40 PM
Hi Dee everytime we get home I suddenly think damn I wanted or should have asked that...thats even with my list of questions I take! Did he say what sort of scans you will have to have? Its such a pain all that waiting for the appointment..just to end up waiting again :nut: I suppose Andrea and me are lucky as with the kids they tend to do it all in one go rather than keep making you go back for the xray results.

Abbi
2nd December 2004, 10:44 PM
Aw Dee, I dont really know what to say, except not to worry! I thought you would be getting your xray results today, cos I got mine when i went to see the surgeon..!
Please please dont worry....im sure it is ok, and if you need surgery we will be here for you!
Dont worry about no asking a few Qs I do that all the time, im like crap i should of asked this....you can ask them at the next app. When is your next app.?

jfkimberly
2nd December 2004, 11:25 PM
You have to wait for xrays to come back? I always get them back right away. Usually the xrays are taken right before or at the start of my appointment, and is factored into the appointment time.

Clicking when he pressed on your ribs? He's worried about your hump? Have you been having a lot of rib pain? Maybe he's seeing more rotation than curve... I'm sure it's nothing too serious. And I'm sure once he gets to the bottom of it all, you'll be fixed up better than before.

How long do you have to wait for your next appointment after your xrays come back? I'm getting impatient for you!

Amazed Jean
3rd December 2004, 01:12 AM
Dee, At least you have his attention. He's saying things that make him sound knowledgeable and he has a sense of humor (about the tongue post ) and he might have some misgivings about curves being effected if you change weight drastically etc. Remember the notebook I keep saying everyone to start ,start writing uestions etc. Maybe you can call and get his staff to answer some of the questions too. All in all in sounds like you had an ok appointment.

Marti
3rd December 2004, 02:45 AM
Try not to worry. It's too bad that you didn't find out your curves, but at least it sounds like the surgeon isn't just brushing you off. be sure to tell us when you get your appt!

Little~shedevil~dee
3rd December 2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by jfkimberly@Dec 2 2004, 10:25 PM
You have to wait for xrays to come back? I always get them back right away. Usually the xrays are taken right before or at the start of my appointment, and is factored into the appointment time.

Clicking when he pressed on your ribs? He's worried about your hump? Have you been having a lot of rib pain? Maybe he's seeing more rotation than curve... I'm sure it's nothing too serious. And I'm sure once he gets to the bottom of it all, you'll be fixed up better than before.

How long do you have to wait for your next appointment after your xrays come back? I'm getting impatient for you!
i get a lot of pain from my rib hump , it sticks out alot but you cant realy see it on the photo i posted as its right under my breast
i get alot of sharp pains find it very hard to breath some times

as for the scan i'm not sure what sort of scan , i think i might have to phone up to ask
he took me off guard as no ones realy looked at my rib cage like he did
every one before just said it was deformed was because of my back

i dont know when my appoinment is hope i dont have to wait to long

thanks every one you have been so good to me :squeeze:

oh forgot to say the doctor was very good looking and had a very sexy voice lol

Blair
3rd December 2004, 03:39 PM
Sexy Dr's are always a plus!!!!!! I miss the fellow who I saw sometimes before my surgeon came in. He was too cute. I think he's not there anymore though... :-(

Little~shedevil~dee
3rd December 2004, 04:32 PM
i think they wait untill after chrismas untill sending me a date out :roll:

Crazy16girl
3rd December 2004, 04:43 PM
Thats pretty slow for stanmore. I normally get mine back after 5 mins even if i end up running late from the x-rays. I remember once i was waiting there 2 hours to get them taken, they were re-fubishing 2 of the x-ray rooms.

Little~shedevil~dee
3rd December 2004, 04:46 PM
i think he might be waiting because of my rib cage i'm not sure
i did have to wait for my xrays and i did take him back to him but he said he didnt need to see me again
i was at the hospital for 2 hours

Little~shedevil~dee
3rd December 2004, 04:47 PM
yesterday i was at stanmore outpaient wheni have my scan i have got to go to diffentt side of stanmore

Abbi
3rd December 2004, 06:37 PM
My surgeon isnt sexy....lol! he is nice tho! but small.....
he is very to the point and blunt too....but i suppose thats a good thing, cos he knows what he is talking about!

titch
3rd December 2004, 06:55 PM
I've got nothing against straight talking if it means you know where you stand :-)

Oh, and Mr Lehovsky does have a very odd sense of humour, and a deadpan delivery ;-) He's a bit odd altogether really - I know someone who had an appointment with him, and he realised he needed something from his car, so rather than walk out the door, down the corridor, outside and all the way around to his car, he climbed out the window of his office and walked straight across to it, came back and climbed back in again :glee: :lol:

Abbi
3rd December 2004, 07:04 PM
**Abbi gets up from the floor, calms herself and prepares to reply** hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha
oooooooo my gosh that made me laugh SOO much!!!! I can just see this wee Dr climbing out the window....awwwwww hehehehehehee :rofl:
that totally made me laugh (as you can see.......)

Ryansmum
3rd December 2004, 07:05 PM
:rofl: he sounds just a bit weird!!! Unfortunately Dee we're no help on sexy surgeons either, Mr Churchill's around late fifties but he is a sweetie and fantastic with kids:D

Little~shedevil~dee
3rd December 2004, 07:17 PM
one thing made me laugh about him when i first got there he went missing and no one could find him lol
also he told me off as i was slow getting my clothes off lol then him made fun out of me because i was having truble getting my top off as it was tight
i blame mum for shrinking it lol

Abbi
4th December 2004, 12:56 AM
awww sounds like a class Dr.....you gotta have a funni one, cos u just do, if they are too serious, its not good!
Im not sure what type of humor my surgeon has...if any.....must try and make him smile next time I see him,......cos well smiling is GOOD!!!!

jfkimberly
4th December 2004, 09:09 AM
*remembers the young Dr. Schmidt from Texas and smiles fondly* Ahh, yeah... Gotta love sexy doctors. I really hope the guy doesn't frequent SSO (but why would he?).

Abbi
4th December 2004, 08:04 PM
lol.....

elvinwarrior
4th December 2004, 09:52 PM
My doctor is tiny and nice, but he's very serious. One of the residents I had was pretty good looking.

Abbi
5th December 2004, 12:52 AM
mu surgeon is tiny too.....lol.....its like hi down there.....hehe!

Little~shedevil~dee
5th December 2004, 01:16 AM
OMG the pain was so bad last night , i couldnt sleep one bit and it got so bad i started to cry at 12.00 am didnt stop untill 4.am i think i fell asleep at 5 am then i had to get up at 7am i woke up went back to bed but then all i could hear from my boyfriend
dee are you up deeeeeee tea is ready lol

Marti
6th December 2004, 12:56 AM
That's terrible Dee. I'm so sorry you're in so much pain. Especially when it means you can't sleep. :squeeze:

jamiebug44
7th December 2004, 09:58 PM
Good Luck Dee!i get xrays all the time when ever i go to my dcotors appointment