PDA

View Full Version : Pain in thigh

burdle
23rd September 2009, 04:25 PM
I have a double curve and I have pain in the thoracic area right on the extreme bit of the curve. In the lumbar region I have a really bad pain in the small of my back - again where the worst of the curve is. I also have pain really badly lower down on the left near my bum and recently a really bad problem with my left thigh. It feels absoutely rigid nearly all the way down to the knee. Most of the time the pain makes me feel sick. Painkillers help a bit but I lose track of when I've had them etc. I have been told that it might be muscle spasms - so does anyone have any sugestions. I have a sedentary job but I move around a lot

i

Poppy :) x
23rd September 2009, 04:29 PM
Can I just say Your curves are very similar to mine.
My thoracic one is 56.8
And my lumbar one is 38.2 :D

Sorry I cant help with your topic though :( xx

burdle
23rd September 2009, 04:34 PM
Can I just say Your curves are very similar to mine.
My thoracic one is 56.8
And my lumbar one is 38.2 :D

Sorry I cant help with your topic though :( xx

Well good luck with your surgery- let us know how it goes x

Can I ask how old you are 20-30, 30-40 40-50 ??

tonibunny
23rd September 2009, 04:53 PM
Hi Burdle,

Oh you poor thing, pain can be so miserable :squeeze:

The pain in your lower back could well be a muscle spasm, but regarding the pains going down into your leg, I think these are more likely to be nerve pains rather than muscle spasms. Obviously I can't tell you that for certain, but I think it's something you should see your GP about. They may be able to prescribe you an appropriate painkiller (a muscle relaxant or nerve painkiller) even if they can't suggest anything else.

Stretching exercises can also work really well to help "unpinch" nerves and pull out tensed-up muscles. These work especially well if you do them after a hot bath :)

Hope you feel better soon,

Toni xx

Poppy :) x
23rd September 2009, 05:06 PM
Burdle, I am thirteen years YOUNG :P

haha, them degrees of the curves were in may earlier this year.

Now they must be really big.. I dread to think to be honest.

Poppy
xxx

GillyG
23rd September 2009, 06:42 PM
I find wheatbags (the ones you warm up in the microwave) help loads with muscular aches and pains. Often, when I get home from work my back is in total spasm and I heat up several wheatbags and pack them either side of me, either in my armchair or lying down on the bed.

greenhouse12
23rd September 2009, 08:41 PM
Sorry to hear of your pain burdle :(
Its very debilitating and shouldnt control your life
I think look into therapies or pain managment
Hopefully you can find something that can ease it off

The pain you describe is muscular in your thoraic and can be very painful , the leg issue probably is nerve related (i just had surgery and my right thigh is very rigid,weak and painful to move!) but i also heard that people with scoliosis the pressure of the body trying to support the spine falls somewhere and for me it went to my feet!

Erm ... i know there are many people with positive outcome from accupuncture or possibly reflexology helped me relax and ease pain. Its also crucial to keep active and its really hard i know and almost impossible for me before because i was in agony before but gentle exercise like swimming and yoga and pilaties can really help! I joined pilaties for 6 weeks before my op and my surgeon was very impressed by my inccreased flexibility when talking with my parents when it finished , i was very rigid in my lumber before to the point i couldnt touch my toes but then after pilaties i could!!

Anyway im going to stop writing because i cant control myself to stop at times ! :hehe:

Best of luck
xx

Rodsrme
23rd September 2009, 09:11 PM
Poppy - I thought you were like 15! lol ooops :p

Burdle - Sorry to hear about your pain!! :squeeze: Sounds more like nerve pains into the leg. I have the same thing but mine goes all the way down to my toes and it is like a dull throbbing pain. It does hurt very bad sometimes. Ummm. hmm. try wheat bags like Gilly suggested. Umm maybe also a heating pad. Or if it swelling causing the nerve problem try ice. Or if you have anyway of getting Icy Hot gel stuff try that...that does wonders on my neck pain! Hope you get some pain relief!!! :squeeze:

Cassie
23rd September 2009, 09:47 PM
Sorry you have pain, it is very difficult to live with all the time. If it's muscle spasm, would muscle relaxants help a bit perhaps? Along with the already suggested heat or relaxing therapies. I'm not saying it would get rid of it as I don't know of anything that really stops it 100%, but it might help a little.

Hope something helps soon, maybe your GP could prescribe you something or refer you to a pain clinic? Good luck :) xx

burdle
23rd September 2009, 09:55 PM
Thanks to all of you for suggestions- I am somewhat anaethesitised from white wine at moment ( as most nights).:drunk: Not something I reccommend of course to all you under 18's. I am going back to GP soon and am not going to be fobbed off with 'sighs' this time.

Rodsrme
23rd September 2009, 09:57 PM
Actually the legal drinking age over here....is....21. hehe the first time I put 12 woops. lol :D
Ya 21...now tobacco products can be legal for anyone 18 and older. :D

Hope that helps though! :D