PDA

View Full Version : WORK PROBLEMS

piglet66
26th November 2004, 07:36 PM
I have been at my job 13 years, was signed off with stress in September due to harassment by the boss. I am taking legal advice. Work now want to send an assessor out, the solicitor has asked why this is required as they do not wish my GP to know. I had back, head and chest pains early yesterday morning, the Dr said is was due to the emotional stress I'm under.

I am 38 years old and have had scoliosis since birth.

I look forward to your comments

butterflylr
26th November 2004, 07:40 PM
First of all, WELCOME!! :welcome2:

Ooh, I don't really know much about the legal aspect of what you should do but I can definitely relate to the stress on the job. I just recently started a new job cause my last one was driving me up the wall. Hope things work out for you! Sorry that isn't much advice.

BarmyArmy
26th November 2004, 10:08 PM
Ooh I wish I had some words of wisdom for you but I've never been in that type of situation. I hope you get this sorted out quickly and that it doesn't drag on too long. :squeeze: We have enough woes without collegues adding to them. :(

I just wanted to say hi and welcome you to our fun family :D

lindzi_11
26th November 2004, 10:30 PM
Welcome Welcome

Ryansmum
26th November 2004, 11:22 PM
:D Welcome to SSO piglet! Do you have a union where you work?Not that they have many teeth now but its more support you need if you are being harassed..Have you anyone who is willing to back up your claim is the first thing you need to sort out,I was in a similar situation a few years back and tried to 'tough it out' but it led to a nervous breakdown on my part :cry: I had a new manager come in who hated part timers,working mums,and women in charge and I was all 3 unfortunately!! I just left in the end but wish I had sued the living daylights out of them!! I so had them bang to rights but was too upset at the time to do anything about it.Is it due to your scoliosis you feel you are being targeted?And is your boss using this against you..its more than they dare do at the moment!

jfkimberly
27th November 2004, 02:04 AM
Yeah, what's the basis for the harrassment, as far as you can tell? What was your boss doing to cause you stress?

Welcome to SSO!

Amazed Jean
27th November 2004, 03:59 AM
Welcome to the site. I'm no help with an emplyer. We have a business and often get toasted from the other direction. You know a temporary worker even turned in that he injured his back three days before we ever employed or heard of him. He turned it into the state 2 months later and they awarded him $50,000.00 from our state run workers comp. which counts against our next rate hike. But I digress, Again. Welcome to the site we are here to talk to and argue with and laugh with.

gabrielle
27th November 2004, 06:13 AM
Welcome, Piglet! Sadly I am of no help in the legal department either. Where does your scoliosis effect you? (cervical, thoracic or lumbar?). I'm sorry about your job problems. Is there some connection to the scoliosis? I know I am very fortunate to have employers who are truly considerate of mine. Keep your chin up. I'm sure having legal counsel is going to help.

sins
27th November 2004, 07:00 PM
Hi Piglet,
Your employers haven't a leg to stand on.You cannot be discriminated against on grounds of a congenital disability.As much as we hate calling scoliosis a disability it is classified as one.You're doing the right thing in taking legel advice and if I were you I'd stay put on sick leave as long as is necessary until you can cope with the situation at work.Make sure to tell your legal advisor in detail the way attempts were made to change your conditions of work and how you were bullied and harrassed.
Report your aggressor to his immediate supervisor or to someone in more authority.Your employers are legally obliged to provide a safe system and place of work for you and bullying and stress make it an unsafe place for you to be.Keep us posted and tell us how you get on.
Sins

Abbi
27th November 2004, 08:25 PM
ok firstly welcome to SSO!!!!
secondly - if you are from the UK....happy days for you, cos you can file them for discrimination under the Disability Discrimination Act (its so great that I do this stuff in my course)
I cant believe that they discriminated you cos of scoliosis - grr to them!!!
**goes to hit piglet66's boss** I mean that is just awful!!! I dont see why they need an assessor to come out.....I thought all you needed was a solictor and they did all that!