PDA

View Full Version : New pictures of my back

butterflylr
26th November 2004, 08:34 PM
I just posted some new pics of my back. Go ahead and check them out. It's the first time I've ever really seen how my back looks when I bend. Kinda freaky. I mean, I looked in the mirror before but it still looks different. Can't wait for January when I can get new X-rays to see what my curves really are now! :woe:

Liv
26th November 2004, 08:51 PM
I saw them, and I wish I had a back like yours! Wow!!! :niceone: Your curves don't look too bad, and they are well balanced. :-)

butterflylr
26th November 2004, 09:06 PM
I consider myself *lucky* you could say, cause you can't really tell right off. My curves last I knew were 50/30. It's mostly the pain that gets to me. I don't really care much about the looks. I just don't want to hurt anymore. :-(

Liv
26th November 2004, 09:28 PM
I'm sorry. I didn't realise you were in so much pain. :mope: :hug:

butterflylr
26th November 2004, 09:32 PM
Thanks! Why is it that the pain varies so much between people? Some people who have large curves say they don't have pain and some have more...some who have small curves have a lot of pain or none. What the heck? You would think it would be generally the same across the board. Bodies are very strange.

Liv
26th November 2004, 09:40 PM
Yeah, I don't know what it is... It's probably just luck. And the individual anatomy of muscles and nerves. I had bad curves (85 and 50) and I never had any pain! My curves are 40 and 30 degrees now and I only have a sore right trapezius muscle now and then. Nothing bad. But then people like Leona, Lieve and you don't have severe curves but do have a lot of pain. I wish I had an answer!

butterflylr
26th November 2004, 09:45 PM
One of the great mysteries of life!

Abbi
26th November 2004, 11:14 PM
those are great pictures! thanks for showing them! r u in much pain?! I am most of the time!
What is your curve measurement?

Kaja
26th November 2004, 11:35 PM
Yes! Bodies are weird :P

Your back looks amazing! I guess I'm happy with mine.. But I wish my top curve didn't affect my neck and shoulder that much :-(

Great pics, thanks for posting!! :D

Little~shedevil~dee
26th November 2004, 11:47 PM
great pics
about pain i know what you mean , i am in so much pain all the time some times its so bad i am in tears
i cant wait till december so i know what curve i have got

jfkimberly
27th November 2004, 02:55 AM
Great pics, Lindsay. The fun little black dots were very helpful. When you're standing up "straight," you can't really tell so much that there's anything wrong with you, but you're right... when you bend over, you can see it. But as good as you look, the pain is a much more significant issue. How bad is it?

butterflylr
27th November 2004, 09:24 AM
The pain varies day to day as most of you probably experience. It's mostly in my upper right shoulder area where the biggest curve is. It's getting to the point now where it affects my whole arm and into my fingers. It is now mostly a general, dull pain right in the shoulder area but in the arm and fingers it is a more sharp pain. I also have neck pain on a daily basis causing many, many headaches (grrrr...SO sick of them!). I am also now getting really bad pain in my lower back which I never used to have. It's a more sharp pain there. That's why I'm so worried that it's getting worse. I have had much more pain in the last year than I ever have. Some days it's easy to ignore while others it is so bad all I want to do is just cry. I hate it! Every once in a while I wonder what a day without ANY pain would be like. It has been so long I can't remember. Pretty sad, and I'm sure many of us here can say the same. I wonder what it must be like for those of you here who's curves are much worse than mine. I really feel for you.

I don't know why I am just reminded of this story of this guy at my old job. There was this guy there that was always making these jokes. Most of the time they weren't really appropriate or nice. Well one day he was making fun of some guy he saw in downtown Seattle. He got all hunched over like he had Kyphosis or something. He had no idea that I have anything wrong with my back. I told him (not very politely) NOT to make fun of people with spinal disorders or ANY disorders. I am so glad I don't work around that guy any more. He drove me NUTS! If people only understood what it was like for us or anyone with any sort of "disorder" (is that what you would call it?) I wonder how they would really act and treat others. Makes you wonder...

jfkimberly
27th November 2004, 09:47 AM
I just don't understand why some people think that kind of thing is funny. My sister quit listening to her favorite radio station recently because they started having a recurring "character" in their morning show who acts like he's mentally handicapped and makes fun of people with mental disability. It's just not funny.

Abbi
27th November 2004, 09:33 PM
I got made fun of by a girl in work one time....grrr not fair! She was like oh my G** look at your back, ooooo can i touch it freak spine....
my sisters call me freaky spine or bones when they r annoyed...and they used to call me spastic spine also....which hurt me A LOT