PDA

View Full Version : issues with logging in

Abbi_m
18th August 2009, 12:05 AM
Hi guys ... just got logging in after a while. I have a new IP address now (not sure it is affecting this), but I have problems logging in. I was on earlier to post (in Toni's birthday thread), then I went out to post in the general and it threw me off. I logged in, and it said "thank-you for logging in abbi" and showed the usual areas and threads ... but when I went to go into the restricted areas such as common room and mods, it chucked me off, and said I needed to sign in ...

Any advice?

Abbi

titch
18th August 2009, 10:30 AM
*Usually* this seems to mean that cookies have been turned off - for example, installing a new security suite (eg Norton or McAffee) can do this if you set your security settings very high, and can mean that you need to make an exception for this site to say that it is a trusted site. Unfortunately the forums simply can't work without cookies :(

However, it does sound a bit odd that you were on and then got thrown off! I'll go and have a look at your account and see if there is anything obvious from this end that I can fix. Other than that, problems are sometimes just transitory, and it may have fixed itself anyway, so please let us know if you're still having problems, and we'll try to get to the bottom of it.

Abbi_m
21st August 2009, 08:30 PM
I'm still having problems :( it is saying on the board that I am signed in, but its still not letting me on. I've not installed anything new recently, and my security settings are the same as they have always been.