PDA

View Full Version : Well tomorrows the big day!

Ryansmum
23rd November 2004, 07:52 PM
We're off to pick up the new 'member of the family' in the morning :D Ryan is looking forward to it..he thinks having the brace will stop Michael diving on him quite so much! I have tried to explain to Mike whats happening but he'll understand a bit more I think when he sees 'Boris'..well we thought if we gave it a name he might not 'kill' it????? :oops: I'll take some pics of Ryan when we get home and show you his curve as well.Just trying to remember any questions I want to ask but the brain has just about seized up now :nut:

Abbi
23rd November 2004, 08:01 PM
GOOD LUCK!!! I hope the appointment goes well, and that "the new member" fits well.
It will probably be quite daunting at first and werid to see what the brace looks like, but just think of it as another step for ryan to have a better spine!
I am glad that Ryan is excited about getting his brace, most children would hate one (I know I would)
The brace will be uncomfortable for a while, but once ryan adjusts to it, it will be better!

Questions......ummm.....
1. how many hours per day will ryan have to wear his brace?
2. Can ryan take it off for P.E or games
3. How do I take the brace off for showers etc?

um...thats all I can think of...best of luck!
I will be thinking and praying for you both!

Kaja
23rd November 2004, 08:01 PM
Good luck!! :D I hope he likes 'Boris' :P

sins
23rd November 2004, 08:15 PM
Best of luck tomorrow! Hope he and "Boris" get along.

lindzi_11
23rd November 2004, 08:23 PM
TONZ OF LUCK HUN! :angel:

jamiebug44
23rd November 2004, 08:54 PM
tons of gold and luck

jfkimberly
23rd November 2004, 09:16 PM
Good luck to you and Ryan... and the rest of the family. I hope you all adjust well to the new member.

I was looking up the title of a book that my friend sent me, and found a title that might be helpful for younger kids, like Ryan, who are new to getting a brace. It's called "There's an s on My Back: "S" Is for Scoliosis," and it's written in the first-person perspective of a 5th grade (about 10 years old) girl who has to wear a brace for scoliosis. Having just learned of it today, I've not read it, but I'd be curious to know if any of you have and whether you think it would be helpful for young children diagnosed with scoliosis.

This is the book:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/096...8215777-8371867 (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/096588791X/qid%3D1101244261/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/103-8215777-8371867)

butterflylr
24th November 2004, 12:30 AM
Good luck! Hope he takes to the new member of the family! :-)

Marti
24th November 2004, 01:53 AM
Good luck! Hope everything goes well and everyone gets along with 'Boris'.

andrea
24th November 2004, 12:56 PM
Good luck to you guys. Chances are you'll be more affected by it than Ryan, but i'll keep my fingers crossed that you all develop a happy relationship with Boris and that Michael takes to him too. Try to remember that relationships take a while to develop sometimes and if things are uncomfortable, it will get better.

Good luck.

Little~shedevil~dee
24th November 2004, 03:01 PM
good luck :squeeze:

Sarahs Mum aka Chrissy
24th November 2004, 03:04 PM
Good Luck - Hope all goes well for you and Ryan :D