PDA

View Full Version : Physical Therapy

Blair
13th April 2004, 06:59 PM
Well, today is my first Physical Therapy session. I hope it goes better than last year's PT encounter... I went three times a week for two months, and came home from every session hurting so much that all I could really do was take my meds, and go to my room and sleep, and during that time, my curve .

Well, this time, I know better than to push myself so hard, and that my pain is real and I'm not being a wussy like I thought
Sounds like this is going to be better to deal with- my surgeon's prescription includes pleasant, nice sounding words like "hot packs" and "Massage" along with the usual strengthening, stretching, range of motion (I never noticed, but my left arm has a VERY crummy range of motion).....

The goal of my therapy this time is to hopefully take care of the muscle spasams so I can go off the muscle relaxers....

I wonder if I should drag my X-rays with me or not so I can show my therapist exactly what she's working with.....

sins
13th April 2004, 07:09 PM
Definitely take the Xrays.It pays to make sure that anyone who works on your back is well aware of what's on the inside. Hot packs and massages sound lovely.Good luck with the PT and let us know how it goes.
Sins

Blair
13th April 2004, 09:54 PM
*flops in front of computer*
I think I could get used to this.
The PT who saw me today to plan out my therapy did some myofascial release, and then ultrasound with hydrocortizone.
He doesn't think that I need to much in the line of strengthening, except my shoulders (they're really rolled forward and loose). So this ought to be a walk in the park!
Brought along my X-rays.... He was pretty impressed. :-D
And he was also happy that I could give him a very detailed medical history with what we'd done with my scoliosis.
AND.... He's cute. Unfortunately, he's graduating in about 2 weeks and is moving out of state. :-( Ah well... LOL

Marti
14th April 2004, 03:07 AM
That doesn't sound bad at all!

When I was doing physical therapy there was a pretty cute guy there all the time too. I didn't want to stop going! But he goes to myschool so I get to see him whenever I pass him in the halls. And sometimes during my internship. Ahhh... hot guys!

titch
14th April 2004, 08:40 AM
Cuteness always helps :-D Back at the end of 1999, I slipped on ice and fell badly, which resulted in a trip to casualty, in huge amounts of pain. I was seen by a Dr McCarthy, who was incredibly cute, which certainly helped to take my mind off the ouchies 8-) I know of someone who did some of her medical training there, and she reckons that the application requirements must state "Send A5 CV, A4 photo" and that the head of recruitment is a woman :lol:

Blair
14th April 2004, 02:33 PM
cuteness definitely is a good thing.... Going back for more in an hour and a half... LOL

OK. Anyone have this problem???
I'm a major wimp at heart.... I'm well aware of it, and I try not to act on my wimpish urges. But sometimes I think I may OVERcompensate for it.... And sometimes I'm not certain if I'm really hurting, or if it's just me being wimpy.... So those "rate your pain level" questions the docs and PTs ask are kind of a pain to answer.... "Well, it hurts like heck.... but it doesn't keep me from going about my life..."

tonibunny
14th April 2004, 05:03 PM
Hi Blair :)

You say that you have trouble with muscle spasms - whereabouts do you get these? I have terrible trouble with my neck and shoulder muscles. I was supposed to be getting PT arranged by my doctor, but I haven't heard a thing about it for months. I'd love to know if you find anything that really helps these.....the muscles in my neck are permanently rock hard, and it's difficult to massage them as they are so tense and it hurts my back to touch them.

I take Amytriptilene as a muscle relaxer but it's stopped having much effect...

Thanks,
Toni

Blair
14th April 2004, 06:39 PM
Toni, it sounds like you and I have the very same problem.

I've dealt with it off and on for the past 10 years, but up until about 2 yrs ago, it was only occasional. It became fairly constant after that, and has only worsened since my surgery.

I take Flexeril (Cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride) 10 mg 2 to 4 times a day, as well as Ibuprofen 800mg, as often as I need. It generally keeps me fairly comfortable provided I stay active. If I sit for long at the computer (more than a half an hour at a time), I start to really lock up.

My mother sometimes gets grossed out trying to massage the muscles. And she's a registered nurse. She says that my shoulder muscles often feel like bone instead of soft tissue!

I occasionally get some releif using my TENS unit, but if I use it for longer than one day continuously, I do start becoming immune to it.

You might want to look into Myofascial release. That's what my new PT is doing. It also helped me following my accident a few years back. I didn't know what it was called then though.... It makes you kind of sore (It's a method that manually stretches the muscle tissues) and even bruised at first, but I'm liking what I've seen so far and am cautiously optimistic. Today my muscle was a little bit softer and my PT was able to actually find a few individual tender and trigger points.
The ultrasound treatment is pretty pleasant too- it produces deep heat down in the muscles. It's used in conjunction with hydrocortizone to relieve some inflamation.

I'm really liking my therapist! He understands scoliosis better than my therapist last year.... He knows that if the scoliosis is structural, no amount of weights and stretches is going to fix it... all you can do is try to lessen the pain. My PT last year was determined that with enough work, I'd straighten right up.
Also, he's genuinely interested in learning more about scoliosis..... I was appauled that he was taught that Harrington Rods were more or less "It" for scoliosis surgery... So I told him about the newer instrumentations and how they were better in that they give good correction without sacrificing the patient's natural kyphosis and lordosis, and also can correct a rib hump better...
He spent the better part of my hour long session picking my brain about scoliosis stuff....
Big Gold Star for Ryan!

He's still shocked that I am able to touch my toes though... LOL!

Pikey
14th April 2004, 06:47 PM
I've got my 3rd trip to the Physios on Friday , trouble is all the hard work he did in the first 2 visists I have seemed to have undone over the last weekend .I think slogging up a hill with a heavy paragider on my back has done my neck no good at all . I'll have to think of an excuse that has nothing to do with paragliding . Mind you it was getting better up until the last weekend and that was due to my physio .

Blair
14th April 2004, 07:14 PM
Hm..... "I fell down some stairs" always worked well for me if I ouched myself doing something I shouldn't have.... LOL

tonibunny
14th April 2004, 07:49 PM
Thanks for all that info Blair! It's really useful to hear from someone who has the same symptoms as me. I've been paying to get medication privately to try to treat this, but I really should hassle my National Health doctor more....I've been asking for help with it for years but they just don't seem bothered to help me and it's causing a lot of pain and discomfort now.

I'll try to sort some PT and will ask about the Myofascial release stuff! Do you mind me asking, where are you fused, and how big are your curves? My top curve is fused from T1 down to T12 and my top curve got straightened out to about 45 degrees I think.

Blair
14th April 2004, 07:54 PM
Best of luck with your docs! I hope you can find something that works!

I'm fused T2 to L1. I had a single C curve to the left measuring 52 degrees. They straightened it pretty much completely except for the unfused lumbar vertibrae are still slightly curved.

tonibunny
14th April 2004, 08:49 PM
Thanks so much Blair! Do you have trouble with your neck being stiff, and are you limited in the extent to which you can turn your head? I can turn my head to the right a lot further than I can to the left. My top curve curves to the left, and this causes problems when I play the violin.

Blair
14th April 2004, 10:28 PM
Yup. As a matter of fact, I do have a tougher time turning my head to the right. And I often sit with my head slightly turned off to the left....
Before my surgery, I had a compensatory curve up into my neck. Thankfully, it balanced out thanks to my surgery. I was expecting to be fused from C7 to L2. But I still am limited in being able to look to the right. It makes checking my blind spot while driving kind of a pain in the butt.....

Marti
15th April 2004, 03:46 AM
That's great that it's working Blair! When my hip was hurting my physical therapist stretched the muscles out with massage. It HURT! But I guess it worked.

Tsk tsk Pikey! Somehow I highly doubt you were supposed to be paragliding. But hey, I wasn't supposed to be holding all my baby cousins. Luckily that hasn't caused any pain. yet... ;-)

sins
15th April 2004, 09:11 AM
My top curve is to the left as well.I have good motion in my neck when I turn to the right but I cannot fully turn to the left.This is due to the curve starting so high up and i have a more elevated left shoulder than the right and there is a bank of muscle/rib preventing me from turning fully.
All the PT in the world won't help me unfortunately. :cry:

tonibunny
15th April 2004, 11:33 AM
How high up does your curve start Sins? I've never ever been able to turn my head fully to the left, but I'm presuming that this should mostly be able to be sorted out with decent PT as I'm only fused from T1.

DublinPauline
15th April 2004, 12:52 PM
Hi all
I have always had limited range of movement in my neck. Like you Toni and Sinead, my top curve is to the left and I can hardly look over my left shoulder. Can be a bit tricky when I am reversing - thank goodness for wing mirrors, :lol: I have done stretching exercises and pilates/yoga classes but they didn't improve my range.

I started to get spasms in my neck and shoulders five years ago when I was about 10 weeks pregnant. I couldn't lift my arm up to shampoo my hair. My neck felt like it needed to be supported all the time. I was sure something had gone wrong in my spine so rushed off to Accident and Emergency in our local hospital. They told me it was muscular and gave me some sort of anti-inflammatory cream (Tramex? it was useless) and a neck brace - no drugs because I was pregnant. I had some neck massages but nothing made a difference, until I had four weeks away from my PC and my car. After a week, the pain and stiffness went. :-)

Since then, I have had a couple of incidents but detaching myself from my PC and a day or two of anti-inflammatories has ended the spasms. Massages or PT alone don't seem to do it because when the muscles are in spasm, it is hard to break the cycle, I tend to hold them tensely and not move them much. The drugs allow the muscles to relax and that's when exercises can help, in my experience.

For the past 9-12 months, I have had some soreness in my right shoulder and arm, which is worse when I am using the PC, particularly the mouse. I also tend to have shoulder bags on this shoulder and that seems to exacerbate it. Generally, it is low level but can build up to being sore enough to wake me up at night if I lean on it. Again, a few days of no PCs, no driving and no bags seems to ease it. So far.

Pauline

sins
15th April 2004, 01:08 PM
If there's rotation on T1 like there is on mine you've little chance of getting your full range back.I'm fused from T3 to L1 but comparing my old x rays with the newer one,the curve now incorporates T1 and the vertebra has a large rotation on it.I must put my neck x rays on here as soon as I can as it brilliantly shows the problem, or I'll e mail them.After seeing them I can fully understand what rotation does to a vertebra.
sins.

sins
15th April 2004, 01:18 PM
I also have the pain in my right shoulder that goes down my arm.My GP prescribed mobic(meloxicam) for it.He reckons that it's a facet joint problem as opposed to a herniated disc and suggests a facet joint injection.I never had that type of pain until one morning I got out of bed to answer the phone, sneezed suddenly and my neck locked down on my right shoulder and the upper right side of my back went into total sharp spasm.Even though the pain subsided in a matter of days the residual soreness and ache remains.I'm not a fan of alternative therapies, but I have a friend who does an energy based type of healing called Integrated energy therapy and I found that all my muscles relaxed during my treatment.Suddenly it dawned on me that my neck muscles were very tense and tight and now I'm more aware of them being that way and I make a conscious effort to relax them and drop my shoulders from around my ears :lol:I certainly feel a difference.it also worked wonders for my wonky right leg which had a tendency to get weak every dozen or so strides.it was really strange, during the therapy my leg muscle went into convulsions as the energy flowed through my leg.
after two sessions it felt stronger and hasn't recurred so I admit there may be some basis to it. Feel free to disagree......
sins

Blair
15th April 2004, 02:25 PM
Holy cow!!!!!! My shoulder is so bruised this morning! I'm sore part way down my arms and even into my chest muscle.... :-D
But my muscle feels like MUSCLE instead of a bone! Woohooo! :pint:

Vicki
15th April 2004, 05:15 PM
I can't move my neck fully to the right, but then mine's totally tilted anyway. (I honestly do wish I'd had a milwaukee brace instead of the other type). I have 90 degree rotation, but no idea where. I only found out the measurements a few weeks ago!

Blair
16th April 2004, 09:45 PM
Got back from another PT session!
I'm sore, but i feel FANTASTIC. I don't think I've felt this good in years! My range of motion in my left arm is doing better already, and my spasamed muscles are really loosening up!

Learned something neat today. Apparently I can hyperextend a lot of my joints- elbows, knees, shoulders (even spasamed up, I can straighten my arm and lay it straight accross my chest without even a slight stretch to my muscles). Kinda weird. I thought everybody could do that.... Apparently not... LOL

And I might be changing my school idea once again....

I was talking to the PTA. He originally was going to become a nurse. But, like me, he can't sit on his butt for three years and wait to do the clinical stuff. The PTA program doesn't have NEARLY the wait.
So maybe I'll do that, and then go back and finish up my nursing stuff later.

Carly
17th April 2004, 03:14 AM
I enjoy physio.. i feel good after it.
I have a bruise on my shoulder blade but i think it is from my brace digging into it.
I have so many physio excercise and massage ones too, i never do the,. I really should start... that and wearing my brace...

Marti
17th April 2004, 03:55 AM
That sounds like a good idea Blair. I know that one of the PTAs at my PT place doesn't even want to be a physical therapist.

I can hyperextend most of my joints too. I have bad knees, probably because I hyperextend them. And my fingers are double jointed. They lock all the time when I'm playing the violin. It's cool to have hyperextended shoulders! I love stretching my shoulders.

Kayla
17th April 2004, 06:00 AM
ick I dont like Physical Therapy!

Marti
18th April 2004, 03:48 AM
I used to hate it. And I guess it's not really something you like. But if your place is a good enviroment, then it really isn't bad at all. I finished my PT and I liked the place so much I decided to do my internship there. I know I'll miss all the PTs when my internship's over.

Kayla
18th April 2004, 04:51 AM
lOL I finally stopped holding my nephews and neice because they are getting so heavy it hurts my back

Carly
19th April 2004, 01:07 AM
what is a intership..

Kayla
19th April 2004, 01:18 AM
an internship is where you help the therapists isnt it?

Carly
19th April 2004, 01:50 AM
that would be so much fun. Was it a job or for school?

Joy
19th April 2004, 02:31 AM
I'm glad it's working out for you Blair.

I have almost the exact same problem as some of you. my neck isn't as bad as my shoulders but my muscles tense up really badly. It usually stars and the back or my neck, right betwen my shoulders andn then creeps up prety quick. When my shoulders cramp, they get higher. I can usually still move them but it hurts. And when my neck starts to hurt really bad too all I want to do is lie down and go to sleep. But it's one of those things where they don't usually stop me from doing things, it just hurts a lot and gets worse when I try do do things like carry my backpack or ride.

I asked my surgeon about PT but he told me to try being more active. Which I have tried but it hasn't really gotten better.

Sometimes I take an Advil or Robaxacet but I really don't want to take drugs.

Little~shedevil~dee
19th April 2004, 02:31 AM
my doctor want me to go to Physical Therapy i have been put on a waiting list but been told it could take up to 6 months or more before i get seen

Kayla
19th April 2004, 03:03 AM
Yah I would love to intern at a hospital but I do not want to go into the medical profession I just think it would be fun to intern

Marti
19th April 2004, 04:24 AM
Well, for my internship I actually don't get to do anything becuase of patient confidentiality laws. For honors biology we have to do an internship. So I basically just watch and hang out and draw diagrams of the exercises in my notebook. I'll be making better diagrams for my actual poster and maybe I'll post some of the ones that could be helpful for the back.

Kayla
19th April 2004, 04:26 AM
What kind of diagrams? like ones that show how the procedure was done or something?

Marti
19th April 2004, 04:34 AM
Just diagrams of the excercises. To show what they are and how to do them basically.

Blair
19th April 2004, 05:10 AM
When my spasam is....spasaming... LOL... it raises my left shoulder up.
One day, it got so bad that I ended up with my head tipped over, pretty much resting my head on my shoulder because my neck was just not doing it's job at all. Thankfully, it doesn't get that bad often.

Backpacks are just the worst! No matter if I use it "properly" on both shoulders, or just on one, it aggrivates the heck out of my spasams. But I only have one class each day this term. So I don't have to use a backpack- I can just carry my stuff in my arms.

Sadly, my PT seems to have worn off. Left shoulder is back knotted up and swollen. Pooh.

Jessica*
19th April 2004, 05:29 AM
Why is it that I feel like the only one who doesn't do Physical Therapy?

titch
19th April 2004, 11:24 AM
A good physiotherapist is worth their weight in gold, but you can run into some problematic ones. I haven't had physio after either of my spine surgeries - in both cases, by the time I could get it, I no longer needed it (which is not to say that they couldn't still have helped but as I was referred for acute care, and the problem was no longer acute, the NHS didn't care to treat me for the ongoing issues).

I have had physio for my knee, which was totally useless with the exception of one thing - the ultrasound! My knee used to feel *so* good after that :-) As for the exercises, I was given 4 to do and they never did any good whatsoever. One of them, I couldn't even do with my good leg! And I have since found out why they were useless - they are the exercises for getting you walking again, so as I was already quite able to walk, they were useless. Ho hum.

Kayla
19th April 2004, 03:00 PM
Jessica I used to go to physical therapy but never really did it lie I was supposed to hehe I hate it

mark
20th April 2004, 05:06 PM
Thats what is it like in England denise you just get put on one list which means when you get to the top of it you start on the bottom of another

The English are brilliant at making lists

Jonny
20th April 2004, 10:26 PM
yup and I'm slowly coming to the top of one, otherwise I'd have had my surgery last...April probably

Kayla
20th April 2004, 10:53 PM
are we talking about a list for physcal therapy or surgery?

Jonny
20th April 2004, 11:01 PM
any kind of waiting list.

Kayla
20th April 2004, 11:05 PM
Oh I have never had to wait for a surgery because they are always emergency and the fusion I was just lucky I guess and PT I always have right after surgery so you dont have to wait for that either but I did have to go on a waiting list for a physcologist which I decided not to go to after two visits! So we waited for nothing

Carly
21st April 2004, 05:37 AM
In Canada healthcare is free so of course there is some wait but it is pretty good.... i am so glad we dont have to pay, i would have given my parents a huge shock with all my expensives.. physical therapy and massage are only partly covered...

Kayla
21st April 2004, 08:59 AM
Healthcare is free there? WOW maybee we should move to Canada

mark
21st April 2004, 09:13 AM
Its free in England as well

Good luck for July 5th Jonny

Jonny
21st April 2004, 11:03 AM
thanks mate

Carly
21st April 2004, 02:26 PM
well you pay for it thourgh taxes...

jfkimberly
21st April 2004, 10:54 PM
My medical was free here in the U.S. because my dad was in the Air Force. They didn't pay anything at all for my three major surgeries when I was 10 months, 11 months, and 18 months old. Then I was on Medicare with Medicaid QMB when I found out about my brain tumor in 2001, so I only paid for my medications and part of the MRI costs for that... so I had brain surgery for less than $500US. Not bad, I think.
And now that I've resigned from my job and provided proof from a doctor that I was "disabled" since before age 21, I'm considered my dad's dependent again and back on the military medical benefit... FREE MEDICAL! Yay! But now I have to see how long the wait is for a consultation. Since my dad has to make the initial appointment with the GP, and he doesn't seem to be in a hurry to do that, the wait could be pretty long... *giggle* But I've only been back on dependent status for a week, so I won't get too pushy yet.

-kimberly

Carly
21st April 2004, 11:01 PM
speaking on medicare... i did my position paper in social on "should canada introduce user fees" I was negative and i got 100% I was so shocked!

mark
21st April 2004, 11:05 PM
100% you can't top that one well done Carly

Carly
21st April 2004, 11:08 PM
thanx

BarmyArmy
21st April 2004, 11:15 PM
I still do my Physio exercises that I was taught 10 years ago when I was first diagnosed. I do get a bit lazy sometimes and don't do them everyday but they have helped my bad posture which although still bad isn't as terrible it was when I was younger. I discovered a pilates book in my work that was writing for people with back pain and some of my physio stuff were included in the author's diagrams. I found some easyish ones that didn't hurt too much and now I do a combined pilates/physio for 30 minutes in the morning unless I've slept in due to the painkillers :angel:

I was orginally sent to the physio dept at the local hospital a month or so after I was diagnosed when I was 18. I went once a week for about 6 months and then I carried on doing the excerises on my own at home.

Our medical system (NHS) isn't the best in the world but on the whole the doctors and nurses do the best with what they have. I certainly prefer our type of system than a private healthcare plan that our American friends have. I know I for one would either be in a lot of debt or would have to do without.

Carly
21st April 2004, 11:24 PM
I never do my physio excercies.. i seriously have enough to do, but i really should.... meh!

BarmyArmy
21st April 2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Carly@Apr 21 2004, 11:24 PM
I never do my physio excercies.. i seriously have enough to do, but i really should.... meh!
Don't worry I will admit I've been a lazy moo recently. It is difficult to motivate yourself when you're in a lot of pain and dopey from the pills. :yawn:

jfkimberly
21st April 2004, 11:51 PM
Leona,
Yeah, my parents wouldn't have been able to pay for the surgeries I had when I was a baby. My life would be VERY different now if my dad hadn't been in the military when I was growing up. The military community is a great lifestyle... even if I don't agree with the U.S.'s current foreign policy. *smile*

-kimberly

Carly
22nd April 2004, 03:26 AM
i dont think many ppl do agree...

BarmyArmy
22nd April 2004, 11:20 AM
Nope, I certainly don't but it's good that Kimberly got free healthcare :-)

Joy
23rd April 2004, 12:03 AM
Yeah our health care is free but the waiting lists are horrid. Still I'm glad we don't have to pay. Good job on the posistion paper Carly. I have a plan to fix health care but no on listens to me.

But back on topic. How goes the PT, Blair?

Blair
23rd April 2004, 03:26 AM
The PT goes alright.
I have significant improvement in my range of motion. I have near full range back, though I can't get through the full range of motion without things grating, popping, and hurting. My spasams are doing better though. I still have some spots that absolutely will not release, but my shoulder doesnt feel like a rock anymore.
Tomorrow is my therapist's last day. I'm his final patient. :woe:
Last time we added some strengthening exercises, and I don't like those so well. My ribs end up really sore after them, which means it's stressing my back some. And one of them I couldn't even do. I couldn't even get my arms to move off of the mat in that particular position. Very odd.

Blair
7th May 2004, 05:03 PM
Well, I finished my physical therapy a full week early!
I'm *mostly* spasam free, and I have full range of motion back, and have a little bit of muscle tone in my back again! Kinda nice!
:pint: He He

Kayla
7th May 2004, 09:02 PM
yay BlairI am glad it worked for you! sometimes hard work does pay off! :pepsi:

Marti
7th May 2004, 11:03 PM
Congrats Blair!

Pikey
8th May 2004, 06:51 AM
I went to my one yesterday , I mentioned that the pain had moved down to where my rod is fused to my back . He's the first physio I have had that has trid manipulating the fused bit of my spine , it felt alright yesterday but today I feel like I've done 10 rounds with Mike Tyson . My neck is real stiff and where the rod joins not only hurts but is sending pain around my chest too . I'm sure it will ease up tomorrow .
He also asked me todo some sideways movements where you arms go down your legs , this is to stretch the muscles in your side . I told him I found this hard because my ribs basically sit on my hips , I haven't got a gap like most people :cry: :cry: Oh well , maybe I'll go back to bed .

Lieve
8th May 2004, 10:43 AM
I went to the PT yesterday too. I called him for an emergency appointment because my upper back is still hurting almost a week later and I have race again this weekend. After a good massage he manipulated the upper spine and now I have the same feeling as you Pikey, it's like I did a huge workout yesterday.
Maybe I shouldn't race at all this weekend :woe:
I hope you're feeling better already Pikey.

Kayla
8th May 2004, 06:03 PM
awwww yes Tim I hope your feeling better!!! Dont give those therapists a hard time either!

Blair
8th May 2004, 08:22 PM
Yup. I know that feeling. My muscle spasams went down into my back a little ways, not just up in my shoulders. So I had a lot of massage in my upper back and ended up pretty sore a few times from pressure on the fused area...

Marti
9th May 2004, 04:02 AM
I had my leg massaged when I was going to PT for that. Then one day the guy decided to try to massage my back. OWWWWWWW! is all I can say.

Pikey
9th May 2004, 10:15 AM
I need to get better by the 28th May , thats when I go to Annecy in France to paraglide .I was thinking of driving the whole way there which would take about 10 hours but now I think I will break up the trip and camp half way there , I dont think my neck could take a 10 hour drive .
However i'm feeling better than I did yesterday .

floralgypsy
9th May 2004, 03:19 PM
Going to Annecy in France, or going to cause anarchy in France? :spin: I think you could quite easily do both! Glad that you are feeling better today and I hope you have a great time on the 28th of May! ;-) Just be good and avoid any unnecessary confrontations with sheep.

Kayla
9th May 2004, 06:33 PM
your gonna camp halfway up there? Like backpack all the way of the halfness?

mark
10th May 2004, 12:51 PM
Do they have sheep in France

Jonny
10th May 2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by floralgypsy@May 9 2004, 03:19 PM
Going to Annecy in France, or going to cause anarchy in France? :spin:
:D LOL!!

what, he's going via Wales?

Blair
12th May 2004, 01:11 AM
Well, the effects of my PT didn't last. I'm back on my muscle relaxers after sitting in class from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm today. I tried my stretches, but it didnt' do anything.
Pooh. A bit disappointing.

Blair
4th June 2004, 09:13 PM
Well, that's a bit dissappointing. My physical therapy seems to have worn off. The past few days, my muscles have been knotting and spasaming like they did before I did PT. I'm back on my massive doses of ibuprofen and my muscle relaxers...
I guess monday I have to call my doc's office and get another referral to PT.
Which stinks. It looks really bad to tell a potential employer (right now I have so many job applications out that I've lost count and I'm really HOPING that I'll get at least ONE inteview out of the bunch) this long winded complicated schedule of when you can't work...

sins
5th June 2004, 10:16 AM
That's lousy Blair.I guess it's best to go back to PT and hopefully it will help with the new pain flare up.

Blair
10th June 2004, 04:43 AM
Well, I have to go back and see my surgeon before they change any of my treatment.
But he's out of town for a couple of weeks, and then doesn't have an opening until July 21st.
Luckily, my family dr. will keep me stocked up with ibuprofen 800's and muscle relaxer until then. So I should be alright.

jfkimberly
10th June 2004, 04:53 AM
Seems like they could make an opening for you if you're in pain. *grumbles*