PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Cold

annie
19th November 2004, 10:49 AM
Does anyone else really feel the cold?

What I mean is... I have quite a bit of titanium etc (the rods are titanium but not sure what the screws are made of?) in my back and when it's cold (like today!!) my back just seems to seize up. Its pretty uncomfortable :woe: Does anyone else get this?

:spin:

Crazy16girl
19th November 2004, 12:16 PM
All the time. its horrible. It dont help that when you shivver you tense all the muscles in your back to keep you warm. Wear lots of jumpers =]

Blair
19th November 2004, 12:23 PM
Yup. I hate that feeling. You just want to hunker down in a little ball... Shivering just feels so strange too... All those tight muscles.

Abbi
19th November 2004, 12:43 PM
yeah and it sucks.....i think we r in for a cold winter!!! brrr *puts on a coat*

Crazy16girl
19th November 2004, 01:27 PM
I think so too. Last night it was raining at 6pm and it was 6.5 degrees outside, then at 8 it was still raining but had dropped to 1.5 degrees, then about 8:30-9 it started snowing. It was meant to go to -3 last night...i think it was a ice rink outside this morning.

Blair
19th November 2004, 02:25 PM
It's still actually pretty warm here. It was up to 61 degrees ferenheit yesterday... But it's supposed to get cold this weekend. Snowy even.

annie
19th November 2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Crazy16girl@Nov 19 2004, 12:27 PM
I think so too. Last night it was raining at 6pm and it was 6.5 degrees outside, then at 8 it was still raining but had dropped to 1.5 degrees, then about 8:30-9 it started snowing. It was meant to go to -3 last night...i think it was a ice rink outside this morning.
You got snow already??? I haven't seen any of that yet but I had to scrape my car this morning. Also I have just been out to lunch and it doesn't seem to be getting any warmer out there bbrrrrr!!!

I'll just have to wear lots of layers and keep my scarf on I guess. Oh and turn up the heating when I get home! ;-)

Abbi
19th November 2004, 03:01 PM
oooh for it to be summer again.....

When I was in Bupapest mid July on one day it was 45 degrees C....which was so good!!!

Crazy16girl
19th November 2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Abbi@Nov 19 2004, 02:01 PM
oooh for it to be summer again.....

When I was in Bupapest mid July on one day it was 45 degrees C....which was so good!!!
I wish i was in feutreventura again aswell. I love the sun. When i was out there it got up to 60 degrees C, which was a little too hot. They had a heatwave. But most days it was about 50.

annie
19th November 2004, 03:13 PM
That sounds hot for Budapest! Altho I haven't actually been there, it just doesn't sound like the sort of place to experience high temps. 8) I was in Eindhoven the other day tho the weather was worse than here (to be expected I guess :-) )

Kaja
19th November 2004, 04:05 PM
:mope:

Yay for 50cms of snow, -10degs C, and 4 hours of daylight! And for -25 deg C wind! :D It's winter here. And the winters in Norway are really long. It'll stay pretty much like that until April.. :P I'm used to it though, every year is the same. And it's so cosy! You have no idea! Aahh, the darkness, the fluffy snow hanging on the trees, everything.. I'm not sure what I would do if we didn't have snow during Christmas :-o It would be ruined! Anyways. It's cold up here :joke: But it doesn't really affect my back. I think.

BlueIce
19th November 2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Blair@Nov 19 2004, 12:23 PM
Yup. I hate that feeling. You just want to hunker down in a little ball... Shivering just feels so strange too... All those tight muscles.
aargh, I hate cold, I feel the exact same thing. I can't shiver properly anymore, it just hurts. Last week we had a meeting in a room with little heating , so it was very cold. I spent the rest of my evening sitting in front of our heating, but it didn't help

lindzi_11
19th November 2004, 04:53 PM
I feel reallly cold but then 10min later i'm suddenly really hot! The medication i'm on is annoying for stuff like that.

butterflylr
19th November 2004, 05:01 PM
I'm always cold and I hate it! I would rather live in a hot, hot state than cold! Don't get me wrong, I love snow! Just hate to drive in it.

jfkimberly
20th November 2004, 07:18 AM
I don't like extreme heat (can't breathe, especially if it's humid) or extreme cold (I get completely chilled and can't warm myself back up). I'd like to order temperatures between 65F and 85F year-round, please.

Amazed Jean
20th November 2004, 07:42 AM
I am sooo over cold and snow. Having grown up South of Lake Michigan where we got snowed in a couple times for a week or so - I've had it! We moved to the South and still get to experience it (maybe once a year). We went back North for Christmas and got stuck in the snow. I do not like to be cold. I think it gets in my twisty bones and makes me ache. Anyways, I no longer own boots etc. If it snows or gets icy here we stay home. People in Oklahoma do NOT know how to drive on snow and or ice. They are idiots! They polish the roads on hills trying to drive up them by spinning their tires. It is sooo stupid, its best to stay out of their way. I don't know what they all think they have to go out for anyway. Give it 24 hours and it'll warm back up. Then they can go buy beer or whatever.

Kayla
20th November 2004, 08:46 PM
I have never experienced my back getting super cold with the rods hmmm I will have to observe that more

Jonny
20th November 2004, 08:55 PM
Haven't noticed yet but it's just starting to get very cold here. Will say if I notice anything with my rods.

Kayla
21st November 2004, 09:46 PM
I am going to Kansa in a fewe days where it will be very cold so maybe I will notice then

Becky
21st November 2004, 09:53 PM
I'm always cold aswell, I think i'm thin blooded!

Marti
22nd November 2004, 12:49 AM
Kansas, very cold?! It's so much warmer there than in Chicago!

Jonny
22nd November 2004, 01:43 AM
Diclofenac was HORRID for making me hot. My last day in hospital, wearing tracksuit bottoms and my brace over a t-shirt and nothing else, I was being wheeled round the hospital in a wheelchair to OT, X-ray and everywhere else I had to go and I was BOILING. In X-ray I was literally pouring water on my head to try and cool myself off. It was such a nice moment to get back into my bed and turn the fan on full blast.
It was the diclofenac that did it.

lindzi_11
22nd November 2004, 01:50 AM
Marti you live Chicago? Hmm a friend of mine who used to be in my elementary skool moved there!! Maybe you know him haha!

Marti
22nd November 2004, 05:14 AM
I know you were kidding, but it's incredibly unlikely. I live in a suburb, and Chicago's a HUGE city, and it's even larger when you consider all the suburbs.

ivanleg
22nd November 2004, 02:25 PM
Yeah well I know everybody in Australia.
There's only, like, 2 people here and maybe 7 kangaroos.
Max.

titch
22nd November 2004, 02:52 PM
Back on subject for a moment or two, with my original instrumentation - a Hartshill Rectangle from T10-L2, I never used to notice it much with the cold. I never used to feel the cold much at all anyway - I spent 3 winters living with no heating at one point (not something I'd care to repeat, but I survived it). These days I feel the cold terribly, and if I get too cold, I sometimes get what I've termed rod-chill. It's a disconcerting feeling, as it makes you aware of them again, and I find it takes a long time to get warmed up again if I get more than a little chilled.

Kaja
22nd November 2004, 02:59 PM
I can't really say that I'm in more pain now when it's cold. It's veeery cold, and we have more than 1/2 metre of snow :D So pretty!! Anyways. It's freezing. Like, you have no idea. I do think I live at the coldest spot, out of us all :roll: But it's not bothering me, and I'm REALLY glad about that :P Or the winter would be horrible for me :-o

Little~shedevil~dee
22nd November 2004, 04:24 PM
the cold allways makes my back hurt more
i hate the cold its so cold in my house i have to wear a thick jumper to keep warm

lindzi_11
22nd November 2004, 04:25 PM
OMG ME 2!

Little~shedevil~dee
22nd November 2004, 04:34 PM
dont tell my mum i said this but shes so tight she want even put the heating on lol

jfkimberly
23rd November 2004, 08:13 AM
It just occurred to me to ask... How cold will London be in a month's time? I need to pack accordingly, because if I get too cold, I shiver so violently that I get sick to my stomach and it takes forever for me to warm up. I have no instrumentation to worry about, though. I just can't maintain my body temperature well.

Jonny
23rd November 2004, 05:24 PM
It is three days before the solstice... it's unlikely but possible it'll be freezing during the day. I reckon between 0 and 5 degrees, and very damp.

Kaja
23rd November 2004, 06:00 PM
Nice and warm then :P

Liv
23rd November 2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by jfkimberly@Nov 23 2004, 08:13 AM
How cold will London be in a month's time?
It won't be a lot different than the weather in Paris... Cold, dark and rainy! 8)

jfkimberly
23rd November 2004, 09:56 PM
0C to 5C isn't too bad. Not much colder than where I live. And everything will all be done up for Christmas, so it'll seem warm and inviting everywhere I go. *smile*