PDA

View Full Version : Letter

Crazy16girl
17th November 2004, 08:14 PM
I got a letter through the other day saying they are arranging my physio, so hopefully it wont be too long now! haha. But then again ya know that waiting for things is like. I just hope its not too long, but least somethings happening! :-)

Ryansmum
17th November 2004, 08:29 PM
yep sure do we are waiting..still :D

Abbi
17th November 2004, 10:11 PM
I hope it isnt long. I went to a private physio, it was about 25 per hour...and was soooo good!!! I got acupunture, a massage and sum sort of electrote therapy.....so nice, I nearly fell asleep!!!
I hope you don't have to wait too long!

Kaja
17th November 2004, 11:30 PM
At my last appointment, my surgeon suggested physio. He wrote some stuff on this sheet of paper, that I had to give to the therapist :P I got to go see him a week or so after, and it's all for free. No matter if he works in private or not! I think he said that having scoliosis gived me the right to get free physio whenever I need it. So it's a good system, and it really works for me :D

I hope you dont have to wait too long!

Crazy16girl
19th November 2004, 03:46 PM
My appointment is on the 1st dec (when kathyrns doewn) but im sure she wont mind!

Crazy16girl
1st December 2004, 12:25 PM
Its today!!

Can anyone give any help on what to wear/expect? ive been told im gonna be shattered afterwards, and im tired anyway from the past 2 days!

Ryansmum
1st December 2004, 01:15 PM
hope this doesnt reach you too late! We just got back from Ryans first physio..he just wore tracky bottoms and a tee shirt so he was comfy the session was mainly showing him the exercises he has to do so it wasnt too strenuous :D Good luck with your appointment Dee :niceone:

Crazy16girl
1st December 2004, 01:59 PM
Ohh i have no trackie bottoms only trousers and jeans! haha.

BlueIce
1st December 2004, 02:29 PM
I have had years of physio and always wore my jeans for them. I always went there straight from school. I have to go back on friday to learn how to train my abs and I'll probably be wearing jeans too :-)

Crazy16girl
1st December 2004, 02:29 PM
Oh good! :)

Abbi
1st December 2004, 02:30 PM
ok yeah this is probably too late....but ummm you will be taking your clothes off...or at least I did! she/he will tell u to strip down to your pants and socks, and bra...and then take it from there....it felt so werid standing half naked in front of this woman I didnt know!

I hope it goes well....GOOD LUCK!

Abbi
1st December 2004, 02:30 PM
oh its not late...yiipppe!!! :)

Crazy16girl
1st December 2004, 02:33 PM
Ohhhh i best go shave and change my underwear!! eeks!

Abbi
1st December 2004, 02:38 PM
I know I didnt no either...and i had my period that day too.....so embarrsing!!!

Crazy16girl
1st December 2004, 03:03 PM
Thank you for warning me! ive just had a shower and shaved now. Nothing worse than looking like a yetti!

Abbi
1st December 2004, 03:11 PM
LOL!!! when is your app.let us know how it goes! So jealous....cos physio is so relaxing and lovely...u will prob. fall asleep....and will be all floppy and relaxed after you come out...hmm....nice! :niceone:

Crazy16girl
1st December 2004, 03:16 PM
Its in just over a hour! hopefully i'll sleep well tonight =]

Abbi
1st December 2004, 03:20 PM
oh you will...believe me! It will be like you dont even have scoli....have fun

Crazy16girl
1st December 2004, 05:18 PM
It was lovely and relaxing untill i had to walk! My right leg has been playing up lately (as i said) and shes trying to sort that out first before starting major stretches and exercises on my back. Ive got quite a few to do (mainly for my leg) and a couple for my back. But gosh does my right leg feel it! I was meant to go back next weed but im going to the clotheshow, so its in 2 weeks time.

Crazy16girl
1st December 2004, 05:19 PM
Oh and i only had to take my top off. =]

Ryansmum
1st December 2004, 05:31 PM
that was a result its freezing today!! Did she say anything about your hamstrings?? Ours said his were really tight and sometimes thats something extra you get with scoli,so he has to do some stretching exercises for that too :D Wondering now if that might have been why your legs were playing up??

Crazy16girl
1st December 2004, 05:36 PM
Yep! my hamstrings and something else are tight in my right leg.

Ryansmum
1st December 2004, 05:40 PM
:D We probably got the same exercise sheet to work from :rofl: She suggested I do them with him at first LOL I am just glad we're doing them at home!! :shock:

Crazy16girl
1st December 2004, 05:47 PM
What sort of exercises does he have to do? :)

Crazy16girl
1st December 2004, 05:48 PM
blah, it posted it twice :roll:

Ryansmum
1st December 2004, 05:57 PM
correction of posture,pelvic tilt,situps,raising head and shoulders of floor when laying on his tummy..now that'll kill me I havent done that one for years LOL..those are to strengthen his muscles up in his belly and bending to touch his toes for his hamstrings.Now bearing in mind I haven't exercised probably since I left school I'll probably do myself an injury :oops:

Crazy16girl
1st December 2004, 06:00 PM
Hah oh dear. I have to breathe in and out and tighten my tummy muscles and put something between my knees. I had to get on my hands and knees and life my back up and down, push my arms and legs (in turn) into the bed as hard as i can, i had to do little sit ups where i only just push my head up to tighten tummy muslces. for my legs i have to push them to my chest. Also put one food on a low chair and bend my body down...oh and swim.

I didnt get one for my posture...im quite lucky...she said its perfect as it is! :-)

Ryansmum
1st December 2004, 06:05 PM
:D sounds like we got the better deal on that lot then! We have to get him swimming too which is ok as Mikey has to do that for his therapy too..just need to find one of those old fashioned bathing suits that cover me from my neck to my ankles :D :D :D :D :D

Abbi
1st December 2004, 06:54 PM
glasd you enjoyed urself....i could do with a nice massage....cos im hurtn now...but i suppose it was self inflicted....I carried a 25 kilo bag of spuds across the kitchen.....oops!!

Crazy16girl
1st December 2004, 06:56 PM
I love getting massages. I could pay for one for myself at this clinic if i wanted too!

Abbi
1st December 2004, 07:16 PM
When I went to the physio in march (before I had my xrays) my mum had to pay 25 for an hour. I went private u c.....cos my dad went to her b4 for back pain, and he thought that, a trip to the physio would cure me.....i wish!

Crazy16girl
1st December 2004, 07:19 PM
Ahh mine was a private clinic, but i think with something like scoliosis (after the op) they take on some people for 30 mins. So i was quite lucky.

butterflylr
1st December 2004, 10:31 PM
Mmmmmmm, massages!!! I love them so much! I actually got this massage chair for my birthday from my in-laws. It's soo nice! It does the most decent job for a machine. Still, nothing beats the real thing! I just wish it wasn't so expensive.

elvinwarrior
1st December 2004, 11:22 PM
Heehee, I've got a friend who's going to massage therapy school, and she said any time I want a massage I could have one.

Marti
2nd December 2004, 02:30 AM
my kittens give excellent massages. unfortunately the massage only lasts as long as the kittens are running across my back... not long at all.

I have really tight hamstrings too. I stretch every night and I still can't(well, sometimes I can, but not usually) touch my toes.

ivanleg
2nd December 2004, 02:29 PM
....I carried a 25 kilo bag of spuds across the kitchen..
Abbi that sentence could only have been written by an Irish woman ;-)

I saw a physiotherapist during my brace treatment and I was told I had really tight hamstrings. The exercise I was given was to sit on the floor with my feet against the wall, then try and stretch forward towards my toes. I've never been able to reach my toes but the exercise does stretch your hamstrings a bit.

I give a good massage but sorry I can't do it remotely.

andrea
2nd December 2004, 03:25 PM
Abbi, that's twice Erin's weight in potatoes. What on earth does someone do with all those potatoes. I struggle to get through a 2.5 kg bag in 2 weeks!!!

Hee hee - I know, you've got a big family, lots of hungry mouths to feed.

Abbi
2nd December 2004, 03:30 PM
yep....i just thought, I was very irish there....tehe! The reason behind the carrying of such a heavy weight, was because it was a new bag of potatoes....and I had to take it across the kitchen to open it, and take about 11 potatoes out of it. We dont eat 25kilos of potatoes in a day.....LOL there is only 5 in my family during the week, as my dad works, and my other sister is in England...sorry for the confussion!

Crazy16girl
3rd December 2004, 10:43 PM
I just done them on my own for the first time (i missed them yday as i was out from 11am till 12:30am lol) i think ive done them rigth as i ache a lil. Ive got some sheets to go by :) and im only allowed to do 5 of each exercvise to begin with.