PDA

View Full Version : New pics of my back.....

Abbi
17th November 2004, 06:43 PM
Hi Guys, I have new pics on the gallery of my back...three new ones, thanks to jonny, cos I couldnt get them on!
So thanks Jonny!!!!!!!

Tell me what you think...I think my shoulder hump is freaky looking :-o

butterflylr
17th November 2004, 06:47 PM
I saw those! Wow! Do you have a single curve or a double?

I have a double but my first chiropractor told me that my curves are higher than normal so it kind of hides it? I don't know. Cause when I bend, my shoulder blade sticks up on the one side but the other doesn't really go down. Hmmm... dunno.

Great pics though. I should post some pics of my back when I bend and stuff.

Abbi
17th November 2004, 06:50 PM
I have a double curve of 80 both!
Have u had surgery yet?

butterflylr
17th November 2004, 06:52 PM
Nope. No surgery yet. I'm waiting on insurance. I'm going to talk to some surgeons when I finally get insurance to cover it. I'm kind of hoping I get surgery cause I'm sick of worrying about it. My curves last I knew were 50/30

Abbi
17th November 2004, 06:57 PM
awe right...cool! yeah my surgery should be around october 2005

BlueIce
17th November 2004, 06:58 PM
thanks for showing us your back! :-) Don't worry about the way it looks, surgery will fix that :-)

Abbi
17th November 2004, 07:30 PM
hmm....hope so! I just hate the way I look at the moment! The pic showing my shoulder hump is so bad!!

Becky
17th November 2004, 07:35 PM
Your hip sticks out like mine doesn't it! I have a real problem wearing slightly tight tops because they just rise onto my hip!! I cant wait untill my surgery corrects it.

Also, I can be lying down on my bed just watching TV and I feel like my body's not right and that my insides are wrong!? I dont know whether its phycological or whether anyone else gets these feelings?!?!

Abbi
17th November 2004, 07:59 PM
Yeah sumtimes I feel that too....I wud b lying on my bed, and i wud look down and c my ribs stick out!
I feel really crap about the way I look!
Yeah my hip sticks out too...its so boney....

Ryansmum
17th November 2004, 08:12 PM
Hi Abbi :D Wow thanks for sharing your pics with us.Do you know I never looked at Ryan yet from the front to see if he looks 'different' so busy staring at his back all the time LOL :squeeze: I think you all are an inspiration to us on here as you all cope so well with this and are always on hand to help us newbies too!Thanks so much

Little~shedevil~dee
17th November 2004, 08:14 PM
my hip sticks out like yours to , mine is boney to
that why it hurt when i had to sleepy on the floor because my hip is so boney

Abbi
17th November 2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Ryansmum@Nov 17 2004, 07:12 PM
Hi Abbi :D Wow thanks for sharing your pics with us.Do you know I never looked at Ryan yet from the front to see if he looks 'different' so busy staring at his back all the time LOL :squeeze: I think you all are an inspiration to us on here as you all cope so well with this and are always on hand to help us newbies too!Thanks so much
awe thanks! It would be cool to see what ryans back is like....if that's ok with him of course!

Little~shedevil~dee
17th November 2004, 08:26 PM
i wish i could get some one to take a pic of my back so i can see what it looks like

Ryansmum
17th November 2004, 08:27 PM
yes of course it is He's quite proud of his 'bump' :D I'll take some pics tomorrow and fathom out how to post them...I might have to enlist Jonny's help too LOL

BlueIce
17th November 2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Abbi@Nov 17 2004, 07:30 PM
hmm....hope so! I just hate the way I look at the moment! The pic showing my shoulder hump is so bad!!
yeah I know what it feels like. I saw myself on video, it really looked horrible. Too bad I'm still running around with a hump but I'm pretty sure I'll have a thoracoplasty done next year or so. It's just not comfortable anymore, I can't sit in a hard chair without being turned to one side because of the hump. But my left side already looks good so that's a plus :-)

Abbi
17th November 2004, 08:43 PM
yeah....I saw my missions trip team video and we had this shot of us walking down this long street...towards this big temple - type building....and I looked at myself and was like "no way - that cant be me" I was sooo bent over, I looked like I was doing a demo of polly out the kettle on nursery rhyme (or the nursery rhyme with the kettle...im not sure what thats called) but you get the general jist of what i'm saying

Little~shedevil~dee
17th November 2004, 08:46 PM
my b/f told me some times when i walk i look like a little old lady lol

butterflylr
17th November 2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Becky@Nov 17 2004, 11:35 AM
Also, I can be lying down on my bed just watching TV and I feel like my body's not right and that my insides are wrong!? I dont know whether its phycological or whether anyone else gets these feelings?!?!
I totally know what you are talking about. I swear that I can feel how my body is all demented inside even though it is hard to really notice. I don't know if it is all cause I know it or if I would feel that way even if I didn't know about my scoliosis.

Ryansmum
17th November 2004, 09:24 PM
Hey I just looked at Ryans belly when he got out of the bath and there is a difference one side to the other where his ribs are looking at him..its weird I never noticed before now :spin:

andrea
17th November 2004, 09:38 PM
Thanks for sharing those Abbi. I find it difficult sometimes to accept what Erin looks like, and I imagine it's the same for adults with scoli too. Erin's ribs are uneven at the front and she has a large rib hump, depending on what angle you see her at.

Abbi, I can't remember whether you've worn a brace or not. Have you?

Becky
17th November 2004, 09:41 PM
wish i could get some one to take a pic of my back so i can see what it looks like

Why don't you get your boyfriend to take a pic of your back Dee?

QUOTE (Becky @ Nov 17 2004, 11:35 AM)

I totally know what you are talking about. I swear that I can feel how my body is all demented inside even though it is hard to really notice. I don't know if it is all cause I know it or if I would feel that way even if I didn't know about my scoliosis.

I thought when my scoliosis was mild that it was aching a bit and I thought that it had gotten worse, but I just put it down to my wild brain and thougth it was pycological but it turned out i was right all along!

Abbi
17th November 2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by andrea@Nov 17 2004, 08:38 PM
Thanks for sharing those Abbi. I find it difficult sometimes to accept what Erin looks like, and I imagine it's the same for adults with scoli too. Erin's ribs are uneven at the front and she has a large rib hump, depending on what angle you see her at.

Abbi, I can't remember whether you've worn a brace or not. Have you?
No andrea, I have never had a brace. I was only diagnosed with scoliosis in march of this year I was 17, and therefore had stopped growing, so a brace would have made no difference.

butterflylr
17th November 2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Becky@Nov 17 2004, 01:41 PM
I thought when my scoliosis was mild that it was aching a bit and I thought that it had gotten worse, but I just put it down to my wild brain and thougth it was pycological but it turned out i was right all along!
You saying that it did get worse? Cause if so, you are scaring me! That would mean that mine is probably getting worse! Yikes! I want insurance already!

Abbi
17th November 2004, 10:36 PM
Lindsey - What are your curves? And have you recieved any treatment for it?

butterflylr
17th November 2004, 10:43 PM
They are 50/30 and I haven't really had any treatment. I used to go to the chiropractor when I was 15 or 16 and that seemed to help the pain but really nothing since then. The last time I even had new x-rays was like 3 years ago and it had gotten a bit worse but they lost those anyway. Now that I got married, insurance has been a mess. I just hate not knowing anything going on inside me. :-?

Abbi
17th November 2004, 11:04 PM
oh right yes I just remembered seeing a different post and you had said what they where.
I know you may have heard this b4 but I would really get to the Doctors to see what your curves are,I know the whole insurance thing is a problem, but as soon as you can get it sorted I would. Cos my surgeon said if he left it the way I was and did nothing, each year my curve would progress...and so a 80 degree curve (my curve) could be 120 degrees by the time I am 35!!!! so yeah I would get it seen to asap.
you need surgery? yeah?

Amazed Jean
17th November 2004, 11:06 PM
All right you guys. I have the supremely ugliest body in the world. So what? It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. I still love people and am loved by people. I still have feelings, needs and wants. I am still a person. You know I hate to look this way but there isn't a single damn thing I can do about it. I have no choice. It's suck it up and shut up and carry on. I have found out in all these years that I get harassed or bothered by someone staring or saying something brillantly ugly that that person has usually got a problem of their own. They can't handle their own problem or pain so they lash out. I think its part of human nature. I don't like it but there it is.

Abbi
17th November 2004, 11:11 PM
aw wow....that really spoke to me! I suppose there r ppl who r way worse of than me and I should stop complaining, and accept the way I look. God made me the way I am, so I should be happy about that!
and thinking about it....b4 I knew I had scoli I didn't care what I looked like, I was loved by many (and I still I'm) but then when I got scoli I became all self concious and I thought I was a freak!
But you can barely notice my scoli...cos my curves are balanced! thnx for sharing that amazed!

Kaja
17th November 2004, 11:12 PM
Thanks for sharing, Abbi! :D I still have a hump, because my surgeon only corrected two of the three curves. So my shoulder sticks out ALOT, and I'm getting physio therapy to help the pain :P My ribs look funny from the front too.. Actually, they all look weird :roll: :D

Little~shedevil~dee
17th November 2004, 11:52 PM
my b/fs not coming down untill sunday i hate waited
i could try and teach mum how to use the cam lol

abbi i no want you mean i allways thought i look like a freak
some times still do

butterflylr
18th November 2004, 12:44 AM
I don't care about the physical aspects looking better. I just don't want to have any more worry or as much pain about my back.

Amazed Jean
18th November 2004, 12:58 AM
You know guys I would change the way I look if I could. I think sometimes we get real caught up in how we look. Most people do, that's part of being human. I know it's the pits to look different but what we need to do is be who we are and don't apologize for the way you look. AND the hardest part is to NOT think unpleasant things about other people either. The truth is that I know I occaisionally see someone who weighs too much and think oh yuck but I don't really have the right to .

Little~shedevil~dee
18th November 2004, 01:30 AM
i have manage to get my mum to take 2 photos
i will take more in the morning when theres more light

heres my back its the first time i have seen it i didnt know how weird it looked
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/denise23uk/myback.jpg
heres my front you can see a bit of my rib hump the rest is under my bra
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/denise23uk/ribhump.jpg

elvinwarrior
18th November 2004, 01:39 AM
Yeah, as soon as I found out that I had scoliosis I became quite self concious, mostly because I only had one side. I don't think that it's okay to judge people just because they look odd. My cousin is in a wheelchair for Duchennes Muscular Distrophy, and it's amazing how much even people who should know better stare.

annie
18th November 2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Little~shedevil~dee@Nov 18 2004, 12:30 AM

heres my back its the first time i have seen it i didnt know how weird it looked

Hey... hold on!!! it doesn't look weird at all! If I didn't know any different I'd never guess you had scoliosis from these pictures you look great :spin:

annie
18th November 2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by amazed@Nov 17 2004, 10:06 PM
All right you guys. I have the supremely ugliest body in the world. So what? It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. I still love people and am loved by people. I still have feelings, needs and wants. I am still a person...
That's very inspiring stuff. :niceone:

The worst thing for me was seeing my body in those 3 way mirrors (the kind they have in shop changing rooms) . Shopping for clothes is bad enough (always having to avoid t shirts strappy tops anything not baggy etc etc etc) but then getting something into the dressing room to find quasi modo (you know rib hump / odd breasts / uneven front ribs and lop sided...) staring back at you, well it just isn't good :-? And I have to admit that those times make me feel very down... I really really wish I could have a more positive attitude to my body when faced with that instead of wanting to hide away and cry.

Thanks for putting it all a bit more into perspective :squeeze:

Little~shedevil~dee
18th November 2004, 02:33 PM
i think it looks weird but every body see's things diffent from some one else
thanks for saying i look great wish i felt great lol

here's another pic of my rib hump forgot to add it las night
you can see it better in this pic
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/denise23uk/verybadribhump.jpg

ivanleg
18th November 2004, 04:09 PM
Dee your humps are mere molehills compared to my mountains.
And you look much better in a bra than I do.

Abbi thanks for your pics; your curves aren't far off mine (88/86 or thereabouts). I can relate to your first pic, I think the creases in my tummy are flipping permanent now due to the lower back hump action I've got going on. Never mind.
You look good in jeans but being one of these evangelical Christian types I think you should know that I only meant that compliment in the spiritual sense and at no time was I in danger of committing the sin of lust.
Ahem.

butterflylr
18th November 2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Little~shedevil~dee@Nov 18 2004, 06:33 AM
i think it looks weird but every body see's things diffent from some one else
thanks for saying i look great wish i felt great lol
I pretty much am in your boat. I don't think it's very noticeable but the pain sure is! What are your curves? You can't really tell I have scoliosis until I bend and then you can see my shoulder hump and my ribs are off but nobody really can tell. It just looks a little like bad posture on my right side. Don't worry, you look just fine! :-)

Little~shedevil~dee
18th November 2004, 06:39 PM
right now i dont know my curves i will find out when i go to stanmore in december
i know what you mean about pain it gets so bad and my rib hump hurts so much more so when i wear a bra

ivy i think you would look pretty in a bra lol

Little~shedevil~dee
18th November 2004, 06:50 PM
lol or as ear warmers :hammer:

Little~shedevil~dee
18th November 2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by ivanleg@Nov 18 2004, 03:09 PM
Dee your humps are mere molehills compared to my mountains.
And you look much better in a bra than I do.

Abbi thanks for your pics; your curves aren't far off mine (88/86 or thereabouts). I can relate to your first pic, I think the creases in my tummy are flipping permanent now due to the lower back hump action I've got going on. Never mind.
You look good in jeans but being one of these evangelical Christian types I think you should know that I only meant that compliment in the spiritual sense and at no time was I in danger of committing the sin of lust.
Ahem.
i allways have creases in my tummy
i allways thought it was because my tummy is ig lol

Abbi
18th November 2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by ivanleg@Nov 18 2004, 03:09 PM
Ahem.
all I have to say is heheheheheheehehehehehe..................awwww that made me laugh so much, your so funny! Of course I knew what way you meant it.....lol ur funny!!! haha :bump:

Becky
18th November 2004, 07:47 PM
Lindsay, I did feel that my curve had got worse and it had, but its still only minor, its around 40 degree's. It's only recently that my insides feels funny, like everythings in the wrong place, but I dont know if it's got worse since May.

Abbi
19th November 2004, 02:58 PM
I think my curve has got better.....but i dunno....it feels better, butI suppose I won't know until Easter...when I go for new xrays!
When r u having your surgery Becky?

Becky
20th November 2004, 12:53 PM
I havent got a date but my cunsultant said at the end of July ish that it would be 6-9 months. I cant quite remember when my consulation was but i remember working out that my surgery should be April at the latest. Iv got to ring them after the new year and they will give me an approximate date. they will probally just tell me which month!