PDA

View Full Version : Appointment Tomorrow

Carly
17th November 2004, 01:09 AM
Hey all!
So tomorrow i have an appointment with my doctor. I was very lucky to get it, my mom phoned at the end of october and I was so surprised to get an appointment so soon. They sounded very confused on the phone my mom said- didnt know i was supposed to have one, didnt know if i was supposed to get xrays and couldnt find my file. I really hope I get xrays, I am curious to see if my curve stayed the same or increased since i stopped wearing my brace. I am not however, looking forward to seeing that doctor of mine cause i really hate her! ARGH! But anyway I am excited to see if this will be my last regular appointment or not... we will see! I will keep you posted!

BarmyArmy
17th November 2004, 01:29 AM
Good luck :squeeze: Don't let the Doctor bother you, just focus on why you are at the appointment and the questions that you want answered. Hope you get good news :D

Blair
17th November 2004, 01:47 AM
Good luck Carly!

elvinwarrior
17th November 2004, 02:03 AM
Good luck!!!

jfkimberly
17th November 2004, 04:07 AM
Good luck, Carly! I hope you've been stable since you stopped the brace.

Liv
17th November 2004, 06:47 AM
*fingers crossed* Good luck, Carly!!! :niceone:

Kaja
17th November 2004, 10:04 AM
Ooh, good luck! Fingers crosses that you find out what you want to, and that your curve is stable! :D

Sarahs Mum aka Chrissy
17th November 2004, 10:27 AM
Good luck Carly - And don't let the doctors bully you!!

BlueIce
17th November 2004, 11:10 AM
Good luck! Be back soon to tell us how it went

titch
17th November 2004, 11:33 AM
Good luck, and fingers crossed for no increase!

Carly
17th November 2004, 06:09 PM
Hi Guys
The appointment went very well. For once I didnt want to punch my doctor out, she was very polite and nice to me. My curve increased is 40 degrees, it was at 35 degrees 6 months ago. My doctor told me that was expected since I stopped wearing my brace. My mom and I were both not expecting an increase like that but over all I am pleased. She commented on how well my back is looking and how balanced i am (which is a good thing!) I do not need surgury- the cut off is 50 degrees. I did not grow since my last appointment, which is a very good thing cause I am tall enough... 180 cm/5'11"! She said that is there is a very samll chance- something like 10% that my curve will increase! I have to go back in another 6 months to have it checked again. I am very pleased with how the appointment went which is a first for me!! I havent had pain for a very long time- knock on wood! It surprises me cause I have stopped physio and massage! Things are looking up!

Blair
17th November 2004, 06:10 PM
That's wonderful Carly!!!!!!!!! I'm SO glad your appointment went well!

Abbi
17th November 2004, 06:27 PM
aw great Carly...well done! I'm glad you don't need surgery!!!

Becky
17th November 2004, 06:29 PM
Yeh thats brilliant news Carly!

Jonny
17th November 2004, 06:58 PM
Good news Carly :-) hope you feel released like I do.

Ryansmum
17th November 2004, 07:05 PM
:D Hey Carly! Thats great news well done :D

BlueIce
17th November 2004, 07:50 PM
great news! you really deserve this

butterflylr
17th November 2004, 08:18 PM
That's great! :D

andrea
17th November 2004, 08:40 PM
That's really good news. It must be a relief for you to have a great appointment. We all know how precious those are. Fingers crossed for the good news to continue.

elvinwarrior
17th November 2004, 08:54 PM
Oooh, good news, yay for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marti
18th November 2004, 01:34 AM
Terrific news! That must be a relief. It's great to know everything's normal and you don't have to go back for another six months. congrats!

jfkimberly
18th November 2004, 03:25 AM
Wow, Carly! I'm so glad you got on better with your doctor, that your curve didn't increase too much since you stopped the brace, and that you don't have much pain lately! *fingers crossed* I hope things are stable now, and there's no change in the next six months. Congratulations!

Carly
18th November 2004, 04:10 AM
Thanks guys... I am really happy! I mean it did increase but my back is looking better than it ever did! You can hardly tell I have scoliosis. My mom commented on how when I first found out about scoliosis my curve was something like 17 degrees and know it is 40 and i am happy with that! LOL But what can you do. I would have never guessed when I first found out that my curve would increase the way it did.... But I am happy and that is all that matters

Amazed Jean
18th November 2004, 06:43 AM
Great news Carly! Glad things went so well. You are 5' 11" tall? That's great too! You don't have to have anyone reach stuff down from the top shelf for you so I'm jealous. I love to see that today's young women are growing tall and are proud of their height. I always saw the tall girls when I was young slouching over so they wouldn't look tall. The silly things I would have killed for their height and the chance to carry myself very erect and tall. It such a classic beauty!

Little~shedevil~dee
18th November 2004, 09:06 AM
i am glad every thing went well and your happy :squeeze:

BarmyArmy
18th November 2004, 10:44 AM
I'm glad you're happy and the appoinmtent went well Carly :squeeze:

Carly
18th November 2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by amazed@Nov 18 2004, 12:43 AM
Great news Carly! Glad things went so well. You are 5' 11" tall? That's great too! You don't have to have anyone reach stuff down from the top shelf for you so I'm jealous. I love to see that today's young women are growing tall and are proud of their height. I always saw the tall girls when I was young slouching over so they wouldn't look tall. The silly things I would have killed for their height and the chance to carry myself very erect and tall. It such a classic beauty!
Thanks... I mean I dont mind being tall. I dont notice it that much but when you are in high school and there are all these short people you sometimes feel lie an ogar! And I would love to wear heels sometimes. But I do like it.....

ivanleg
18th November 2004, 02:50 PM
Great result Carly.
You tall babe you.
regards, little ivy

Joy
18th November 2004, 06:02 PM
I'm very happy for you Carly, that's great news!! You must be very pleased!