PDA

View Full Version : Hello I'm new

Ryanemo
15th November 2004, 06:35 PM
Hello my name is Ryan and I am nine. :D I like rugby and I like friends.I am getting my brace soon and my mums taking me to have a look at it wednesday.I am having a mri scan too and i'm having therapy. 8)

BlueIce
15th November 2004, 06:40 PM
oh hi Ryan! We were expecting you! I'm Leen, a 20 year old girl from Belgium. I had surgery, because I didn't want to wear my brace. I kinda regret it now, because I have lost flexibility in my back (that's what they do in surgery, they put all the parts together so you can't bend anymore). So please think twice before deciding you don't want your brace. There are other people here who had braces too, they'll be here soon.
If you have any questions or you want to talk about something, you can always ask one of us. We'll do everything we can to make you feel better and answer your questions. Take care! :-)

floralgypsy
15th November 2004, 06:46 PM
Welcome to SSO!

Ryanemo
15th November 2004, 06:50 PM
If you type in www.miniclip.com or www.runescape.com you play this game called runescape but you have to start with a new username it is cool. :-) You want to try it you get to attack and play with friends.you also can add them to your friend list when you get to the mainland.you get levels to increase.I go to Amy Jhonson Primary school and we have lots of afterschool clubs i go to rugby and we might get a letter to play for the team.But it isn't normal rugby it is tag rugby when you have to take tags off the other team if they've got the ball. :angel:

Abbi
15th November 2004, 06:54 PM
Hi Ryan! welcome to SSO, and to the wonderful world of scoliosis!
I'm glad you could join our family....its really cool here, you get great advice and make many friends!
My name is Abbi, and I am 18. I just found out I had scoliosis in march, but because I have stopped growing a brace will not help, so I am having the surgery next year!
I hope everything goes well on wed, with getting your brace and that.

sins
15th November 2004, 06:58 PM
Hi Ryan and welcome.The Mri scan is really cool.Lots of the others here have had them and they're really hi tech, (just a bit noisy).Maybe you might like to bring some headphones and a cd of your favourite music.
The brace is interesting, but your brother or your friends won't be able to tell it's on once you're dressed in winter.Think of it as your personal turtle shell :-D
By the way you write really really well!
Sins

Ryanemo
15th November 2004, 07:09 PM
Hi I live in wallington and my road is named after an airplane from the war.It's a spitfire and we've been here 4 years.I like it where I live because it used to be an airfeild and I have lots of friends 2 live near me and 1 is my best friend and the other 1 is my nearly best friend. :monkey:

Ryanemo
15th November 2004, 07:20 PM
What band do you like I like mcfly because they sing excellent and what football team do you support I like chelsea. :niceone:

Becky
15th November 2004, 07:38 PM
Hiya Ryan, my names Becky, im 18 from bolton, were Mcfly are from! and i support Bolton Wanderers!

Any way :welcome:

BarmyArmy
15th November 2004, 07:43 PM
Hi Ryan, I'm glad you've joined our big family :welcome:

My name is Leona, I'm 28 and work as a children's bookseller. I'm obsessed with books, ice hockey and chocolate. I don't really like football but I used to go to one of my local teams a lot with my Dad when I was younger. I sometimes watch the national games but Scotland are a rubbish and hardly ever win. :ph34r:

My curves are smallish and were found when I was 18 so I wasn't offered a brace. I hope your brace helps you and that it makes your back a bit better. Good luck for Wednesday. :niceone:

I hope you enjoy making friends on this site. :D

titch
15th November 2004, 07:44 PM
Hi Ryan!

:welcome2: Hope you really like the site :D

titch

Blair
15th November 2004, 07:59 PM
Hi Ryan! Nice to see you on here!

Sarahs Mum aka Chrissy
15th November 2004, 08:16 PM
Hi Ryan,
My name is Sarah - I'm 12, and I'm waiting to have my operation soon.
I had my MRI scan in October - It was quite noisy but I took a Busted CD (only realising later I had only brought a single in!!!) The nurse put it on the earphones for me, and I thought it was over very quick. You can play whatever music you like, but remember to bring it in, but I suggest an album!
My cousin lives in Sutton, I think thats near Wallington. I live in Berkshire.
I Love Mcfly too - although they have copied Busted a bit.

andrea
15th November 2004, 09:15 PM
Hi Ryan

Nice to see you here. I'm Andrea and my little girl, Erin, has scoliosis too. She is 2. She currently wears a kind of brace too, although she can't take hers off so she has no option but to wear it.

I used to live in Wallington too, but now I live in NE London instead. I guess if I had to support a football team, it would be Tottenham, which probably doesn't agree with you much does it?

I hope you enjoy the site and that the others give you lots of tips on wearing your brace so that it's comfy and what to expect.

Andrea

Liv
15th November 2004, 09:41 PM
Hello Ryan! :D I had my first brace when I was 9 years old.. I'm 21 now. ;-) Do you like Arjen Robben of Chelsea? He scored a beautiful goal last weekend! :niceone: I hope you like it here! :welcome:

Abbi
15th November 2004, 10:38 PM
I don't really support any football team....my mum loves leeds though!
Mcfly are quite good!

Amazed Jean
15th November 2004, 11:04 PM
Hey Ryan, I'm the oldest person on the sight. Being 53 years old makes me almost a fossil! I wish someone had told me about a brace when I was young. They didn't and scoliosis kinda takes over. Have your Mom show you my xrays on this site. Once you see them you'll think braces are a good idea. I'm jealous I wish I could have a brace to help me. Welcome to our site.

Kaja
15th November 2004, 11:42 PM
Hii, welcome to SSO! :D I'm 15, and from Norway 8) You'll like it here!

Marti
16th November 2004, 12:32 AM
hey Ryan! Welcome! It's great to see you here. I'm 15 (almost 16) and I'm from Chicago, USA. Braces aren't that fun, but they definitely help you.

jfkimberly
16th November 2004, 08:55 AM
Hi, Ryan! I'm so glad you came on SSO! I'm 31 and I was born with scoliosis. My curve is so bad that a brace won't help me. I had surgery when I was still a baby, and I'm as good as I'll ever be. I know you're probably not looking forward to it, but I'm a bit jealous that you get to have one that could sort you out.

I'm from the United States, and I don't really follow football (American football or "soccer"). But on a more interesting topic... what are you hoping for for Christmas? I was going to ask for a new mp3 player because my old one was stolen a couple of weeks ago, but my friend gave his to me. So now I don't know what I want. Got any ideas for me?

annie
16th November 2004, 10:16 AM
Hi Ryan,

Welcome! :spin:

I'm really old (39!) and have had scoliosis since I was 6. I used to wear a brace from when I was 6 until I was a teenager. I hated it, but I know now that it actually helped me quite a lot!! Maybe I wouldn't have hated it so much then If I knew it was doing me good. I never used to ask the doctors questions about anything, I wish I had. Find out as much as you can and don't be afraid to ask anything that pops into your head.

Good luck with the brace :niceone:

Kayla
16th November 2004, 04:29 PM
Welcome Ryan! My name is Kayla and I will be 15 in less then a month. I hope you do well with your brace!

lindzi_11
16th November 2004, 04:34 PM
Hey Ryan! My name is Lindzi and i'm 15. Welcome!