PDA

View Full Version : Hey Jonny thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Ryansmum
14th November 2004, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the name of the suppliers I did a little digging around on their site for the tops and.......being an ebay addict I did a search for coolmax and stuff to see what I could find.I found a lady with couple of coolmax vests brand new still packed for 3.99!! :D I also emailed one of my pals in the states who goes shopping for me to see if she can find some stuff :glee: If I can get it over there she can ship it cheap for me,so it'll save me a fortune!Thats the only thing Ryan is really worrying about at the moment , getting his teeshirts and vests to wear under it so it'll put his mind at rest thanks so much :squeeze:

Jonny
14th November 2004, 02:05 PM
Aw, it really is no problem :-) I found that sort of thing immeasurably useful. Wish ya luck with getting them! :squeeze:

titch
14th November 2004, 05:22 PM
I was sure I posted this earlier, but anyway - there's another brand called Knit Rite or something like that, which could be worth keeping your eyes open for too, if you have trouble getting the coolmax ones :-) I'll see if I can dig up any links.

Jonny
14th November 2004, 11:06 PM
Knit-Rite are what mine are... the label says

KNIT-RITE
Coolmax Lycra

Ryansmum
14th November 2004, 11:13 PM
:D Thanks Titch Ryan's been a bit tearful today which is not like him :woe: ,I think its all starting to worry him now...I'm trying to keep his spirits up by showing him there is still lots of fun to be had in a brace.He just has to learn different ways to do things. I have seen some camoflage transfers now so think we'll be going down the army route for decoration so all his friends are jealous and want one!! Just feels awful as his mum not to be able to do anything else really..We'll probably spoil him more than usual but I suppose all we can do is be there for him really.At least he'll talk to me about how he feels so thats good I have shown him pictures of the brace he'll be wearing but think it may hit him hard Wednesday when actually he puts it on..

BlueIce
14th November 2004, 11:19 PM
yeah.. seeing or fitting a brace is hard, I remember when I got mine. The difference was that I couldn't talk to my mom (or dad) about it. I remember I was crying all the way home and in stead of taking me home she went to my grandparents. I felt horrible. Just be there for him, I'm sure he'll apreciate it later.

Ryansmum
15th November 2004, 12:16 AM
oh thats so sad :cry: I'm sending you a belated hug instead from me and Ryan :squeeze:

Amazed Jean
15th November 2004, 05:14 AM
Ryan's Mom - Anybody giving you hugs? We're right here with lots and you don't know me very well so I'll tell you I have a 27 year old who is married and currently pregnant due Nov. 25. I swear I more worried about her perfectly normal pregnancy than I was worried about my high risk pregnancy with her. Its a mom thing. Go right ahead and spoil yourself a bit. Bubble bath and glass of wine sound good? Do it . Ryan needs you.

jfkimberly
15th November 2004, 12:03 PM
Ryan's Mum: I really think it would help if you could coax Ryan to come on SSO to talk to some of our other young people who've been through it all. He'll learn ways to cope, and also see that he's not so different.

Hang in there... you will both survive this. It sounds like you've got a great relationship with him, and that will be so helpful for you.

sins
15th November 2004, 01:36 PM
I feel so sorry for him at the moment.I can barely remember being fitted with my brace at age 8 and my only recollection was being excited about it and then being disappointed about it.You have to keep strong and positive about it.Don't let him see that your being distressed by all this.I know if it were my daughter who needed a brace I'd go with the policy of tough love.You can only do your best for him and as unpleasant as it seems to brace him right now, he'll thank you and appreciate you for it in later years.
You also need to satisfy yourself that you are actually doing everything within your power to ensure that his scoliosis is treated appropriately. We're here for you unconditionally, so if you fefel that life is getting to you just come here and have a good rant about it.Sometimes life just isn't fair to our children and it hurts.
Sins

Ryansmum
15th November 2004, 01:44 PM
I'm going to sign Ryan up when he gets home from school today so he's all set :D He has read a lot of the posts on here so he knows there are lots of people who are affected by this and he's not alone.As for me well I'll just carry on being a worryguts as usual LOL as you say once you're a mum you have no choice!! My main problem is at the moment his younger brother has been referred to the mental health hospital as he has learning difficulties/behavioural problems and we are trying to get his 'label' so he gets the help needed so we are just running round trying to keep up with all the different appointments..I have 7 now in the next 3 weeks and counting :woe: Also I'm a bit concerned as to how Michael will be once Ryans kitted out..He's a bit like a bull in a china shop at the best of times..

andrea
15th November 2004, 01:53 PM
Hi Dee

Sounds like you and Ryan are coping really well with it. Yes, it's going to be a shock and it's going to take time to get used to it - I'm not sure as a mum you ever do, I still sit and blub at the unfairness of it all - but you'll both get there.

Don't talk to me about spoiling! When Erin came out of hospital the first time, we bought her one of those Little Tikes kitchens as a "brave girl" present. It's not like me at all to spoil her, but sometimes they deserve it. As everyone says, just be there for him as you are being.

Ryansmum
15th November 2004, 02:11 PM
I agree with you about trying not to make a big thing out of it and mollycoddling as it sometimes doesnt help things.I try to do my 'stressing out' while the kids are not around so they dont get the vibes.Its just in my nature to spoil rotten and give more attention when theyre hurting so I need to strike a balance. I also need to get a BIG bottle of wine..a ton of Radox and a rather large punch bag to vent on LOL :D

Marti
16th November 2004, 12:37 AM
My mom can certainly understand where you are with the doctor's appointments... my sister has really bad allergies, so she goes in once a week for her allergy shot. Both my brother and sister have orthodontist appointments once a month. Then you mix those with my doctor appointments every 4 months and our normal dentist appointments and physicals... I don't think a week goes by when she's not in a doctor's office. It's really too bad that everything's coming at once. It must be so frustrating.

Kayla
16th November 2004, 01:07 AM
I feel bad for what my parentshave to go through thay act tough in front of me but once I picked up the phone and my mom was on the phone and she was crying because she just found out I had to have another surgery