PDA

View Full Version : Lindzi's Op

Pikey
13th November 2004, 07:56 PM
Has anyone heard , does anyone know .How is Lindzi doing , someone tell me please .Boy it's horrible waiting for news.

BlueIce
13th November 2004, 08:16 PM
nope.. haven't heard a thing. I wish I had her sister add me on msn so I'd know something. But no news is good news, right?

jfkimberly
13th November 2004, 10:56 PM
I hope so. I'm sure her sister just hasn't been able to log on, or something. We'll hear something soon.

Abbi
14th November 2004, 12:29 AM
her sister is maybe in the hospital with her. I hope she is ok too!

Kayla
14th November 2004, 12:42 AM
hmmm I had my sister write in here for me once but I remember she got confused logging in and ended up having to call me to find out how to do it so maybe her sister just got confused

Abbi
14th November 2004, 12:48 AM
yeah....cos when you go on to scoliosis-support.org it brings up news and stuff, you have to click on fourm to get into this....so maybe yeah
I'm sure we will be hearing from her soon tho!

Kayla
14th November 2004, 12:52 AM
I sure hope so!

titch
14th November 2004, 04:20 PM
Hey all, don't know if anyone else heard from Lindzi on MSN just now - unfortunately I missed her as I was busy decorating, but she said she was in hospital in Toronto, and "in pain outta my mind" - I think we can all relate to that, so huge hugs and many many get well thoughts go out to her, at least it seems like it's good news considering she was at a PC of some kind! :D

Carly
14th November 2004, 04:24 PM
yah she sent me a text on my phone just saying she was in the hospital right now.... nothing else though. I hope I will hear some more later

Liv
14th November 2004, 04:30 PM
Oh great to hear some news! :-) Go Lindzi!!!

jfkimberly
14th November 2004, 09:39 PM
If she's sending out messages herself, then she must be doing well. I mean, she hurts, but I imagine she's recovering at a normal pace and her doctors are satisfied. I can't wait to hear the details of her correction, though! No word on that, yet?

Kayla
14th November 2004, 09:50 PM
thats awesome!

Kayla
14th November 2004, 10:12 PM
I just talked to her on MSN

Do you know a good hitman? says:
how are you feelig
L i n d s a y--@ the hospital in Toronto!~Ouchhhie~ i my [f]riiendz and i miss them... says:
meh better that usual
hows the pain
L i n d s a y--@ the hospital in Toronto!~Ouchhhie~ i my [f]riiendz and i miss them... says:
brutal!!!
aww I bet! are the doctors giving yuo a hard time?
not really they put me off morphine cuz i went nutz 2 dayz ago
eeeek morphine will do that to ya
yah
what are you on now?
in the playroom
IV free
oh cool no iv
when are you gonna get released
not sure.. next week i hopr
yeah
yah i'm 12 dergrees now
wow thats better then my fix!
lol haha yah it 12 degrees now the pain is horrible
are you on a different pain med?
i'm on codine and tlyemol
o you know a good hitman? says:
oh
yah
yeah it doesnt work as well as morphine but it helps
yah.. this is exhaustiing
i bet
yup
well take it easy all of us at SSO hope you feel better and want you back as soon as you feel well!
i n d s a y--@ the hospital in Toronto!~Ouchhhie~ i my [f]riiendz and i miss them... says:
yah posr sumthing for me plz...the computers here r slowwwwww
ok
what do you want me to post
just that i'm okay haha ttykl

Sounds like she is doing well just really tired and in pain sounds like she will be going home soon though! :-)

BlueIce
14th November 2004, 10:15 PM
she's online right now! Her curve has been reduced to 12!! She says it hurts too. There's lots of things I want to ask her but I'm sure we'll get all the info we need/want when she's back. I figure she'll want to talk to her friends too :-)

Marti
14th November 2004, 10:27 PM
yeah, I just talked to her too. she said she didn't have the thoracoplasty. And she said, apart from the pain, she was fine.

BarmyArmy
14th November 2004, 10:29 PM
I'm glad she's okay and that the surgery was a sucess :niceone:

Amazed Jean
15th November 2004, 04:09 AM
Well if anyone else hears from Lindzi tell that the fossil says Hello and to hurry up back on line. We miss her sweet little self.

sins
15th November 2004, 10:04 AM
That's very welcome news.it's an awesome correction and hopefully she'll be back on line soon to tell us more about her experience.Well done Lindzi, we're so proud of you.
Sins

jfkimberly
15th November 2004, 10:59 AM
That sounds like an excellent correction! Congratulations, Lindzi! We look forward to seeing you back here soon!

Blair
15th November 2004, 11:20 AM
Wow! 12 degrees... That's almost not scoliosis at all! :clap:

andrea
15th November 2004, 12:46 PM
That's fantastic news - I'm so thrilled that she's ok and got a really amazing correction. Looking forward to having her back online soon.

butterflylr
15th November 2004, 03:54 PM
12 degrees! That's awesome! :jump:
I hope she's home soon and feeling better.

Abbi
15th November 2004, 05:50 PM
I was just talking to lindzi.......
bbi // We are in the land of the dying, going to the land of the living says:
hey!!!!!
heyhey
Abbi // We are in the land of the dying, going to the land of the living says:
how r u?
did the op go well?
how u feeling?
pain!!!!
awww hun!
)))hugs((((
when r u getting out?
no clue... my curve is 12 degrees... no tjroacplasty
that is such a good correction
hav u been on SSO
every one has been asking for you
but i g2g eat now.. ttyl byebye x0x0

12 degrees is sooo awesome!!! I'm glad she is well!

I think it would be good to keep praying for her....like cos of the pain and that!

Joy
16th November 2004, 02:30 AM
Joy says:
Hey Lindzi
Joy says:
Still in a lot of pain?
L i n d s a y--@ the hospital in Toronto!~Ouchhhie~ i my [f]riiendz and i miss them..|| Happy Birthday DaNa!!|| says:
YES
Joy says:
awww. I wish I could make it go away.
Joy says:
It gets better, I promise.
L i n d s a y--@ the hospital in Toronto!~Ouchhhie~ i my [f]riiendz and i miss them..|| Happy Birthday DaNa!!|| says:
yah i hope it does
did u get the surgery done?
Joy says:
yes
Joy says:
I had the two stage surgery. They were a weeka part.
Joy says:
what meds are you on?
ohh... um not on morphine anymore! cuz i ddint take that well... but i'm on codine and tlyenol
Joy says:
That's what I took too. What day did they take you off morphine?
cuz i went nutz.... and also fluids in my chest were building up
Joy says:

yup
Joy says:
You should go back to bed soon. I know it hurts to sit up for very long.
yah!!!! i cant sit back... but i'm wide awake and just woke up actually haha
Joy says:
hehe. You're allowed to keep odd hours in the hosiptal.
yah hahah! last nite i didnt sleep at all hehehe
Joy says:
One time I asked on of the nurses to wash my hair at 3 in the morning.
ahaha... yah when i was on morphine i did some odd things too
Joy says:
Perfectly understandable.
haha yah
Joy says:
How long were you on morphine for?
2 days and 1/2 of the 3rd day
Joy says:
me too
haha
Joy says:
For both surgeries. But I took oral morphine a couple times after they took my PCA pump again.
ohh icic
Joy says:
So, are all the nurses nice?
YES!
Joy says:
That's great. I had a few mean ones, but most of them were really nice!
some r like frustrating.. and annoying and some forget me lol
Joy says:
What?! How could they forget you!!
like i'd call for her with my nurse button thing and she's never come... like it jst happed be4 i came on the computer actualy
Joy says:

yah
i have to go to bathroom lol.. and if i dont come back its cuz some1 else stole the comuter so ttyl byebye x00x

Kayla
16th November 2004, 02:46 AM
You took oral morphine? Is it just like codeine and vicadon or stronger?

titch
16th November 2004, 10:49 AM
Oral morphine is pretty strong stuff, although it comes in 2 basic forms - fast release, and timed release. After my revision/salvage surgery, I was first on a continuous infusion of morphine for a couple of days, then that was changed to a PCA machine for a few days, then I was put onto fast-release oral morphine. Because it was quite difficult to control my pain (because I was an adult, and had been in long term, severe pain before the surgery and had been on a lot of painkillers due to that) I actually went home still on the oral morphine. However, once I'd been home a couple of days I got the doctor out and got much weaker painkillers prescribed. Tramadol 50mg is fairly equivalent to a similar dose of codeine, so oral morphine is definitely quite a fair bit stronger.

Sarahs Mum aka Chrissy
16th November 2004, 01:50 PM
Well done Lindzi - and you have even managed to inform us by msn how your'e doing.
I expect you will need the rest now - so I hope you recover well, and it's pretty amazing to reduce the curve to just 12 degrees.

ivanleg
16th November 2004, 01:52 PM
Well done Lindzi!
I hear she's as tall as I am now.
Modern surgery is a marvel isn't it.

BlueIce
16th November 2004, 02:24 PM
I just talked to her again, and she can come home either tomorrow or tuesday!! She was having a better day, and slept all night so that's amazingly good. I think she's doing great :-)

Kaja
16th November 2004, 03:17 PM
Yeees, I talked to her too :D She's doing great! And 12 degrees is awesome. Lucky Lindsay :P

lindzi_11
16th November 2004, 03:35 PM
Guess who's backkkkk???

Little~shedevil~dee
16th November 2004, 03:44 PM
Lindzi how are you feeling hun :squeeze: :squeeze:
boy we have missed you :party: :angel:

lindzi_11
16th November 2004, 03:50 PM
Well i'm still at the hospital.. i'm feeling much better today actually.

Little~shedevil~dee
16th November 2004, 03:54 PM
make sure you take things easy and dont rush any thing
make sure you have lots of rest :-)

butterflylr
16th November 2004, 04:42 PM
Glad to see you are back Lindzi! I'm also glad you are feeling better. :-)

Abbi
16th November 2004, 09:16 PM
yeah welcome back lindsey....!! Well done hunny....looking forward to hearing your story!

Marti
16th November 2004, 11:47 PM
Wow... I wasn't on the puter until a few days after I got home.

WELCOME BACK!!!! We missed you! I'm so glad everything went well and you got such and amazing correction. Now make sure you rest a lot and get well soon!

Kayla
16th November 2004, 11:49 PM
I wasnt on the comp untill like a month after! pssh your doing a lot better then I did! im jealous! :-)

Carly
17th November 2004, 01:29 AM
Yeah Lindzi!!! Glad to see you posting again!! Get better soon!

BarmyArmy
17th November 2004, 01:31 AM
Welcome back Lindsey :clap: I'm so pleased that everything went well :niceone: Remember to take things easy for a bit and let your family spoil you rotten. :squeeze:

jfkimberly
17th November 2004, 04:05 AM
Welcome back, Lindzi! Congratulations again on your great operation!

Crazy16girl
17th November 2004, 03:00 PM
I love my computer, thats the first thing i done when i got home! :-D

BlueIce
17th November 2004, 03:41 PM
she's coming home today! :-)

butterflylr
17th November 2004, 03:47 PM
YAY! :D

Crazy16girl
17th November 2004, 04:22 PM
|Well done! you've been really brave. I bet it wasnt half as bad as ya thought it would be...well actually...give it a couple of weeks then your say that!

Amazed Jean
17th November 2004, 10:32 PM
Woo Hoo Lindzi almost back! Congratulations!!

Carly
18th November 2004, 12:44 AM
Yeah she will be back on SSO! Welcome home Lindsay! What a speedy recovery!

ivanleg
18th November 2004, 03:20 PM
Have plenty of rest Lindzi.
Then start posting again, we miss our little Canadian chipmunk.

lindzi_11
18th November 2004, 03:23 PM
LoL yah i'm going to make a new thread and tell all my story lol

Jonny
18th November 2004, 04:27 PM
Welcome back Lindzi :-D take it easy.

lindzi_11
19th November 2004, 04:34 AM
I get exhausted easily.. so its hard for me to post something right now, but i eventually will post my story about surgery!

Also...
my sisters lame reason why not to post something: quote "meh i forgot" unquote.

I'll censor my language but isn't she a friggan stupid female dog?

Kayla
19th November 2004, 05:31 AM
lol! woah how old is she?

lindzi_11
19th November 2004, 03:57 PM
She's 13! That age :-?

tonibunny
19th November 2004, 04:05 PM
WELCOME BACK LINDZI!!!! :clap: :party:

Hope the pain eases off soon.......you've got an amazing correction, it's going to be so good for people who have forthcoming operations to read about it! :D Well done sweetie!!

elvinwarrior
20th November 2004, 12:53 AM
Ahem, I'm 13, and if my sister asked me to do something like that I would. And if I asked her to do something, she would too. But, anyway welcome back!!!

lindzi_11
20th November 2004, 02:57 AM
Well not all 13 year olds are like that....but my sister is and so are most of her friends but yah... thanks for the welcome back everyone !

jfkimberly
20th November 2004, 06:30 AM
elvinwarrior, you're only 13? Wow. I thought you were much older.

Lieve
20th November 2004, 10:26 AM
Welcome back Lindzi :squeeze: Take it easy hun.

elvinwarrior
21st November 2004, 02:15 AM
elvinwarrior, you're only 13? Wow, I thought you were much older. Thank you, I actually get that quite a bit. ;-) I'm going to be 14 in December.

jfkimberly
21st November 2004, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by elvinwarrior@Nov 20 2004, 09:15 PM
elvinwarrior, you're only 13? Wow, I thought you were much older. Thank you, I actually get that quite a bit. ;-) I'm going to be 14 in December.
Well, I thought you were much older than 14, too, of course. *chuckle*

Jonny
21st November 2004, 09:21 AM
so did I - I was quite startled when I saw you post in the U18 forum ;-)

elvinwarrior
21st November 2004, 10:10 PM
Yikes, so how old do I seem, and why?

Abbi
21st November 2004, 10:30 PM
I thought you where older....I dunno why, maybe its the way you post your posts, you write in an older and mature way! I thought you were about 18 or 19!

I am really young formy age...I mean I am 18, but I post like a little kid, I am so immature!! lol

lindzi_11
22nd November 2004, 12:37 AM
Yah i totally thought Elvinwarrior was older too lol!! i thought you were 18ish actually haha!

jfkimberly
22nd November 2004, 05:19 AM
Yup. I would've put you at between 18 and 20, too.

butterflylr
22nd November 2004, 03:54 PM
That's what I thought too!

elvinwarrior
22nd November 2004, 10:10 PM
Ack, but I'm really a little sweetie. :angel:

jfkimberly
23rd November 2004, 07:15 AM
Absolutely! A mature little sweetie. *smile*