PDA

View Full Version : brace and jeans.

begg0o
6th May 2009, 08:54 PM
hi :) well im going to the doctor next week i think to check out if i have to get a brace or surgery.

I was just wondering that if i get a brace can i wear skinny jeans?
and can i go swimming the time i can take it off?;)

mark
6th May 2009, 11:22 PM
I don't know about the skinny jeans as i'm pushing 40 and i think you should stop wearing such garments when a reach a certain age lol. But i would think swimming would be great for you as it does'nt put any strain on your back and it exercises muscles other forms of exercise not reached by you usual run of the mill form of exercises without putting too much strain on your back. So i would say swimming would be great for you

mark

Paramore Girl
7th May 2009, 05:36 PM
I am wearing a post op brace and STILL wearing my skinny jeans.:p

Rodsrme
9th May 2009, 12:30 AM
Hi,
I am not sure what you mean by skinny jeans I am afraid...but, if you have to have a brace I would wear nothing with seams if you wear your clothes under your brace. I wore a brace for 18 months, and I wore all my clothes underneath. I wore a tanktop for the top and yoga pants for the bottom. Good luck, hope this helps! :D

(Well my brace came all the way down to my hips and partway down my butt) Kind of squashed it and made it look funny! lol They called me bubble butt!!! lol :hehe:

angie123
10th May 2009, 03:41 AM
For those not "in the know" skinny jeans are jeans that are tight all the way down to the ankle. In the 80's and 90's I think we just called them tapered :wink:.

If you have to wear your pants under the brace, and jeans don't fit, some companies make "faux" jeans that are basically leggings that look like skinny jeans in the legs, but without the button, fly or pockets. American Apparel makes some (http://store.americanapparel.net/rsafd349.html), but I have also seen them cheaper. If you wore them under your brace, and then a long, flowy tunic over top, it would more or less look like you were wearing skinny jeans. Hope this helped! :D

Rodsrme
10th May 2009, 05:27 AM
Thank you for the info on skinny jeans! I am a cowgirl so, I don't wear those types of jeans...just wranglers (mainly)! :D lol

Paramore Girl
10th May 2009, 12:11 PM
My brace comes down quite low, but my skinnys are low rise so they are just about meeting, but my brace doesn't fit right tight at the bottom, there is a bit of room for manoevour.

Cassie
10th May 2009, 01:06 PM
I don't know about the skinny jeans as i'm pushing 40 and i think you should stop wearing such garments when a reach a certain age lol.

Age is just a number! :D
Wear whatever you feel good in, that's what so great about today. No compulsory polyester or crimplene dresses and nylon cardigans anymore - hurray!!:) Well, not that they were compulsory and certainly not for men!! - and of course if that's what you like to wear equally good :) ......but you get my drift ...............:D

Jill
18th May 2009, 12:00 AM
I am still wearing a post op brace and I wear my jeans when I am out but at home I opt for comfort. I think your skinny jeans will be just fine.