PDA

View Full Version : Something hurts

BlueIce
10th November 2004, 07:14 PM
I'm beginning to think there's something wrong with my back. My lower back keeps hurting, a sort of stinging (sp?) pain. I've had it for quite a while now, it started a few days after I saw my doc for my 3 mont post op appointment. It wasn't as bad then as it is now, it hurts whenever I walk or stand up, not so much when I'm sitting. Maybe I've been sleeping in a wrong position or something??
I just posted it here because I don't know if I should make an extra appointment with my surgeon (I should go back at the end of december) or if it's a common thing that just happens after surgery. Any kind of relief is good too, because I don't want to take so much painkillers.

Abbi
10th November 2004, 07:32 PM
aww......))))BIG HUG(((( :hug: I am really sorry that your are experiencing pain! I do hope it goes away, and is nothing serious. Did you say you were seeing your surgeon in dec.? well maybe you could tell him then, but if it does get really unbearable you could go to your GP
sorry im not much help!

sins
10th November 2004, 08:42 PM
if you have a pain like that within the first year after surgery then I'd advise consulting your surgeon as soon as you can.It may not be anything to worry about but you really do need to have it checked out.
Sins

butterflylr
10th November 2004, 08:54 PM
I don't really have much advice cause I haven't had surgery, but I'd say go talk to your doctor if it is really bad. Better safe than sorry!

For you: :hug:

Jonny
10th November 2004, 11:18 PM
That sounds miserable Leen. Is it skin, muscle or bone that's hurting? Does kneading the area help a little? I've been getting a minor muscle ache on my right hand side, the muscle that's directly above my left bum and level with about L5, when I lie down but it doesn't really bother me.

My surgeon said it takes six months for everything to settle after surgery, and to accept different kinds of pain until then as normal. Did yours say anything similar to that?

Blair
11th November 2004, 12:43 AM
I get a stinging sensation sometimes... Its always in my muscles. And it's what tells me I've pushed myself just a little bit too far, not lifted things evenly, and need to lay down for a few... I take an ibuprofen and half of a valium, take a nap, and it's all ok after that.

elvinwarrior
11th November 2004, 12:44 AM
You should probably call your doctor, and if he/she thinks it sounds unusual then you could make an appointment.

BlueIce
11th November 2004, 09:57 AM
I think it's muscle. It hurts at my pelvis. I've been waking up lying on my stomach the last two days, maybe that has something to do with it too.