PDA

View Full Version : My daughter has surgery scheduled

cac75
10th March 2009, 05:29 PM
I am new to the site. I am looking for some support and basically other people who understand my daughter's pain. Her curve is at 77 and her pain is getting worse. She has surgery scheduled in eight weeks. I really hope I am making the right decision. I was told the surgery is 4 1/2 hours and her recovery is six weeks. She can start swimming after a few weeks as therapy. Any advice? experience with the surgery? Thanks

tonibunny
10th March 2009, 05:38 PM
Hiya, welcome to SSO :welcome2:

I'm sorry to hear your daughter needs surgery. How old is she? Where is she being treated, and who is her consultant? We may well have other members who have already had surgery by the same doctor.

As you've posted in the kyphosis room, can I just check that she's having surgery for kyphosis rather than scoliosis? :)

Welcome again,

Toni xxx

cac75
10th March 2009, 05:50 PM
It is for Kyphosis. She is being treated by Dr. Sponseller from John Hopkins in Baltimore MD and she is 12.

Little Ali
10th March 2009, 09:07 PM
Just wanted to say hi :welcome2: and good luck!
x

mark
16th March 2009, 10:36 PM
How are you all feeling about the forth coming surgery, i hope we can try and ease some of your anxieties, should you have any questions do not hesitate to ask. Heres wishing you and your family lots of positive vibes

mark

magnumlady
17th March 2009, 09:50 AM
I just want to wish you and your daughter all the best.