PDA

View Full Version : still in a lot of pain

jollop
8th March 2009, 12:27 AM
hi all im still in a lot of pain.was told i would get an appointment soon.still no appointment.i rang and im fobbed of all the time.im just curious to know as anybody that needed surgery for degeration of discs .left well enough alone.what state would your spine be in if you didnt get the surgery. my gp said i really need surgery as my spine is really bad.:(

mark
8th March 2009, 10:25 PM
Hi Judith, sorry to read your in so much pain, unfortunatly your gp can only refer you, its then up to the consultants how they treat you, i've been on the surgeons list for 8 months now waiting for the op, its been over a year since i started the ball rolling with my gp, its not been an easy year and i don't expect the next years going to be any easier.

Sorry i can't be of any greater help

mark

I can only suggest you keep badgering them

jollop
9th March 2009, 08:22 PM
thanks mark.im going to push things on as the pain is driving me mad.was at the hospital for a scan in september.thats how they found out my discs were really bad.the consultant who i was seeing left.then when i rang to get to see another consultant they said i would have to change to another hospital.i seem to be going around in circles and getting nowere>:|

mari
9th March 2009, 09:57 PM
Sorry to hear you are in pain. I have never had disc problems, but my father has. From my understanding they will only get worse without treatment and they don't heal themselves. I would definetly push to get in touch with some doctors that can help. I hope all goes well.
-Mari